Does Verizon have plans to launch a new BlackBerry any time soon?

I currently have a LG Voyager, but will soon be purchasing a Blackberry. Verizon currently has 5 phones to choose from, and from those, I believe I would select the BlackBerry Curve 8330, but if there is a new phone around the corner, I would probably wait until it was launched to make my final decision.

Any heads-up information would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

P.S. I'm new to the site, so please forgive me if this is not the most appropriate forum for this question.
    05-05-09 01:24 AM
    Hang tight for a few months. 9630 is around the bend. No offical date yet - but hopefully sometime soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 01:28 AM
    Yep, what he said. Check out the Blackberry 9630 (Tour/Niagara) forum. No official word yet on when it's due out, but it shall be within the next few months.

I'm waiting to make that my first blackberry. I was going to get the Curve, but decided this one'll probably be worth the wait.
    05-05-09 01:33 AM
    What about the Blackberry Curve 8930?
    05-05-09 01:36 AM
    What 8930?
    05-05-09 10:08 AM
    05-05-09 10:09 AM
    The only new model we know about for sure is the "flip" version of the Pearl. The current model of the Pearl is now being sold out.
    05-05-09 10:14 AM
    With verizon, it may just take forever to release another bb. They are incredibly slow with everything.

05-05-09 12:20 PM
    That's the major issue I have with verizon, they are sloooooowwwww! especially when it comes to new releases. I too, am new to the BB world and was going to wait until the Blackberry 9630 comes out, but I decided toe buy a curve in the meantime to see if the BB is all its 'cracked' up to be (get it, HA!). It seems pretty cool thus far other than I would like to have my emails and texts sent to seperate boxes. I look forward to the Blackberry 9630, I hope it has the QWERTY keyboard AND also touchscreen. THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!
    05-05-09 12:59 PM
    That's the major issue I have with verizon, they are sloooooowwwww! especially when it comes to new releases. I too, am new to the BB world and was going to wait until the Blackberry 9630 comes out, but I decided toe buy a curve in the meantime to see if the BB is all its 'cracked' up to be (get it, HA!). It seems pretty cool thus far other than I would like to have my emails and texts sent to seperate boxes. I look forward to the Blackberry 9630, I hope it has the QWERTY keyboard AND also touchscreen. THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!
    So what features are you looking for in a Blackberry that Verizon does not offer?
    05-05-09 01:14 PM
    You can have your emails and texts going to separate boxes. Just go into your messages box and the change the option for sms messages to separate. I don't like everything in one place. I have a separate icon for each email and one icon for sms/mms. I also hid the messages icon so I don't have to look at it.

05-05-09 01:36 PM
    I would pick up a used Curve (they are tried and true). I did that, so I'm just waiting for a new Curve to come out (which would be my first choice) or the highly rumored Blackberry Tour 9630. I had the Storm for a week and just needed a physical keyboard. Haven't looked back since.
    05-05-09 07:25 PM
    The curve is all you need and a bag of donuts.
    05-05-09 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD