I've been a VZW customer for several years and, overall, am pleased with their customer service and service area. I'm starting a small business and want to switch over to a small business plan...I'd like to have a total of 4 or 5 phones. 1 or 2 of them will be smart phones (BB or Droid).

I can't seem to find out what the best deal is with VZW and I'm also wondering if another carrier has a better plan.

Ideally the 4 or 5 phones would share unlimited minutes and texting.

Your thoughts?
    12-09-10 12:59 PM
    Honestly in that case use a family plan over the small corp plan, when I was working for myself I checked the math and it was better all around.

As I'll soon be returning to working for myself this is what I'll be doing.
    12-09-10 01:00 PM
    On Verizon If you have 5 or more lines and put it under the business name (with the tax ID #) you'll get 8% off your total bill.I dunno I'd try Sprint if they have decent reception in your area. You might find a cheaper deal there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 03:25 PM

Ideally the 4 or 5 phones would share unlimited minutes and texting.

Your thoughts?
    Like others said, I would go with a family plan.

Verizon unlimited talk and text for 5 phones is $299.96 before tax

Sprint unlimited talk text and data is $459.95 before tax.

If you don't need data, I would stick with VZW. Even if you do need data, 5 lines at $29.99 extra would be $449.91

So if I looked everything up correctly, VZW is a little cheaper that sprint.

Stick with VZW.
    12-09-10 04:02 PM
    When I worked at VZW (6-7 years ago) I would recommend small businesses under 5 lines just use a family plan. If they had more than 5 lines, go with a business plan. I don't know if its still cheaper to do it that way now, but you might want to look into it.
    12-09-10 04:13 PM
    Like others said, I would go with a family plan.

Verizon unlimited talk and text for 5 phones is $299.96 before tax

Sprint unlimited talk text and data is $459.95 before tax.

If you don't need data, I would stick with VZW. Even if you do need data, 5 lines at $29.99 extra would be $449.91

So if I looked everything up correctly, VZW is a little cheaper that sprint.

Stick with VZW.
    That's what we have for our small business (unlimited data plan is on 3
    lines, the other lines are one hard-wired in a vehicle, and one broadband modem). Best deal for us.
    12-10-10 12:27 AM
    I agree with all the other posters (I have a Family Share plan for my tiny company's phones), but one other thing to keep in mind as you research plans is the signal strength from each carrier WHERE YOUR OFFICE WILL BE. I've been glad that VZW's coverage is very strong at my office because it would drive me totally nuts to have cell phones that get awful coverage where I would be using them often. I've heard plenty of other folks say "cell coverage is terrible in my building", so just be aware that it could definitely impact your overall happiness with whatever carrier you choose.

Also, as an FYI, Verizon used to offer something called OneBill where if you had land lines, DSL service and cell phones all through Verizon/VZW they would consolidate all the services and bill you on a single invoice. I'm pretty sure they've discontinued that (not totally sure why), but it might be something to ask about since it was pretty convenient.
    12-10-10 09:23 AM
    I agree with all the other posters (I have a Family Share plan for my tiny company's phones), but one other thing to keep in mind as you research plans is the signal strength from each carrier WHERE YOUR OFFICE WILL BE. I've been glad that VZW's coverage is very strong at my office because it would drive me totally nuts to have cell phones that get awful coverage where I would be using them often. I've heard plenty of other folks say "cell coverage is terrible in my building", so just be aware that it could definitely impact your overall happiness with whatever carrier you choose.

Also, as an FYI, Verizon used to offer something called OneBill where if you had land lines, DSL service and cell phones all through Verizon/VZW they would consolidate all the services and bill you on a single invoice. I'm pretty sure they've discontinued that (not totally sure why), but it might be something to ask about since it was pretty convenient.
    That depends on the area. Here in Chicago, Verizon is NOT a provider for land line service, so it's not an option. AT&T is, so they offer the consolidated billing feature for customers who have cell, land line, internet, and TV service. But it's not worth switching here, since the AT&T cell phone coverage is awful... we need phones that WORK.
    12-11-10 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD