Hi I know this is a question for customer support but I called twice and got one no and one idk. Was wondering this because I am in escrow and I am eligible for a upgrade tomorrow and was looking to upgrade to the bb 9930. I was told though there can't be any new inquires on your credit while I was on escrow. I know this is a long shot but any info regarding this would be helpful. Im on my last limb with my of Droid and am looking to upgrade to a bb which is why I am I was a little bit of a hurry to change phones.
    09-07-11 06:15 PM
    Depending on your payment history with them they might check your credit. If your payments have been on time and no disconnects you should be fine!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-07-11 06:24 PM
    Depending on your payment history with them they might check your credit. If your payments have been on time and no disconnects you should be fine!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the quick reply. I've always paid on time and haven't had a disconnect that I can even remember so I will give it a go thanks again for the quick info.
    Last edited by doomvskal; 09-07-11 at 07:22 PM.
    09-07-11 07:09 PM
    They only check your credit when you sign a contract first. Not when you re up.
    09-07-11 07:12 PM
    They only check your credit when you sign a contract first. Not when you re up.

That's what i originally thought thanks again for all the info its very appreciated
    09-07-11 07:30 PM
    Hi I know this is a question for customer support but I called twice and got one no and one idk. Was wondering this because I am in escrow and I am eligible for a upgrade tomorrow and was looking to upgrade to the bb 9930. I was told though there can't be any new inquires on your credit while I was on escrow. I know this is a long shot but any info regarding this would be helpful. Im on my last limb with my of Droid and am looking to upgrade to a bb which is why I am I was a little bit of a hurry to change phones.
    I've been doing home loans for a living for a very long time. I ALWAYS tell my clients NOT to apply for any other credit until escrow is closed. If the underwriter sees a recent inquiry they WILL question it. I wouldn't' take any chances if I was you. After all it's ONLY a phone. Wait until escrow closes.
    09-09-11 09:37 PM
    I know sprint checked credit when we added a line. But that's not really the same as getting an upgrade.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    09-09-11 09:49 PM
    I was told though there can't be any new inquires on your credit while I was on escrow.
    FTR, lots of companies run your credit without you knowing it. You can't stop everything. My insurance company regularly runs my credit when I'm up for renewal for homeowners insurance and once a year for auto. Credit card companies get a very scaled down version of your credit report when they decide to mail you offers.
    09-12-11 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD