Somewhat OT, apologies...

We bought a Range Extender from Verizon. You know, one of those gadgets that's basically a mini cell tower in your house, connected to your broadband.

Anyways, it won't initialize. The lights are stuck flashing red, even after two hours. The GPS antenna is in a window.

I'm confused though, some people on the web say it needs to be added to our Verizon account as an "activated" device before it'll work. But Verizon just sent us home with it. Twice actually. Never mentioned or tried to activate anything. You'd think they'd know what was required?

Does a Range Extender (purchased from Verizon) need to be activated with Verizon for it to work?
    03-09-13 10:02 PM
    I have the Verizon network extender as well. I did not have to register it anywhere. Mine is a few years old so things might have changed since. Post up the model number when you get a chance.
    katesbb likes this.
    03-09-13 10:20 PM
    Somewhat OT, apologies...

We bought a Range Extender from Verizon. You know, one of those gadgets that's basically a mini cell tower in your house, connected to your broadband.

Anyways, it won't initialize. The lights are stuck flashing red, even after two hours. The GPS antenna is in a window.

I'm confused though, some people on the web say it needs to be added to our Verizon account as an "activated" device before it'll work. But Verizon just sent us home with it. Twice actually. Never mentioned or tried to activate anything. You'd think they'd know what was required?

Does a Range Extender (purchased from Verizon) need to be activated with Verizon for it to work?
    Yes. We need the Mac ID on it to basically "pair" it with your account
    03-09-13 11:11 PM
    i dont remember activating anything its been about 8 months it did take a while before it worked (like 2+ hours) like it was initializing itself have you tried resetting it to see if that helps

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-22-13 09:02 AM
    Your mac id is probably on the account already most likely its not getting a gps signal or your router is blocking voip connections.
    PS troubleshooting those and be a real pain.

Posted via CB10 on VZW
    03-31-13 10:04 AM