Hey guys,

Quick Question. Does the Playbook Bridge require a monthly tethering plan to use on Verizon? I understand that bridge is different from tether, but to my understanding, some providers (like AT&T) are charging for a monthly tethering fee eve from bridge. I wanted to ask Verizon users if this applied to Verizon as well, or is bridge free if you have a data plan?

Thanks
    12-18-11 07:28 PM
    Hey guys,

Quick Question. Does the Playbook Bridge require a monthly tethering plan to use on Verizon? I understand that bridge is different from tether, but to my understanding, some providers (like AT&T) are charging for a monthly tethering fee eve from bridge. I wanted to ask Verizon users if this applied to Verizon as well, or is bridge free if you have a data plan?

Thanks
    No fee with Verizon.
    12-18-11 07:39 PM
    Thanks for the quick response, guys!

Does this mean I can download the Blackberry Bridge directly from the AppWorld and not expect some random fee to pop up on my next bill?

My son is on AT&T and I know he had to use a work-around Bridge (from RROYY.com) program to avoid paying the $20. AT&T *smh*
    12-18-11 07:46 PM
    There's no fee for downloading or using the BlackBerry Bridge with a BlackBerry on Verizon.

As you noted, tethering is different and there is a fee for that. But you would have to intentionally sign up and activate tethering. You can't do it "by accident" or "randomly".
    12-18-11 07:52 PM
    Just to clarify - Bridge is multiple "components" if you will. Bridge is how you get/see your email and calendar and also the Memo app and Bridge Files. From what I gather, even AT&T is not charging for that aspect, even MAIL which does use data. They are charging or trying to charge for using the Bridge BROWSER.

Does anyone know if AT&T "intervenes" if you use the "bridge" functions for say, Poynt or some of the other apps that now can use bridge and through it, data?
    12-19-11 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD