I went to my local Verizon store to exchange my LG Dare for a BB Curve. Before the switch to the curve I had a family connect plan with 2 lines (the krave and the dare). So after telling the rep what calling plan I have she attempted to just add the 29.99 data package on the second line and call it that. It didnt work. So then she attempted to switch me to the family share select 700 plan adding on the vcast pack to the primary line and then adding the 29.99 data plan to the second line. According to her it worked. But when I got home and looked on the verizon website it stated that line one STILL had the family share connect plan 700 with unlimited data, text, mobile email etc for 100.00 and that the second line had the family share select plan 700 with unlimited text and the 29.99 data package. After looking at it and not understanding it I called CS. A rep over the phone told me that I could have the connect plan on the primary line and just keep the additional 9.99 plus the 29.99 data package on the second line. I said ok and that was it. The weird thing is that the only charge for my second line, which has the BB on it, is the 9.99 additional line charge and then the 29.99 data package.

According to the verizon site all my data is unlimited and so is hers and the same with the texts. How is this possible?

Sorry for the long post, but this just boggles my mind
    Last edited by ewells31; 12-07-08 at 08:08 PM.
    12-07-08 08:04 PM
    I went to my local Verizon store to exchange my LG Dare for a BB Curve. Before the switch to the curve I had a family connect plan with 2 lines (the krave and the dare). So after telling the rep what calling plan I have she attempted to just add the 29.99 data package on the second line and call it that. It didnt work. So then she attempted to switch me to the family share select 700 plan adding on the vcast pack to the primary line and then adding the 29.99 data plan to the second line. According to her it worked. But when I got home and looked on the verizon website it stated that line one STILL had the family share connect plan 700 with unlimited data, text, mobile email etc for 100.00 and that the second line had the family share select plan 700 with unlimited text and the 29.99 data package. After looking at it and not understanding it I called CS. A rep over the phone told me that I could have the connect plan on the primary line and just keep the additional 9.99 plus the 29.99 data package on the second line. I said ok and that was it. The weird thing is that the only charge for my second line, which has the BB on it, is the 9.99 additional line charge and then the 29.99 data package.

According to the verizon site all my data is unlimited and so is hers and the same with the texts. How is this possible?

Sorry for the long post, but this just boggles my mind
    That sounds correct to me. What other charges do you think you should have on your secondary line?
    12-07-08 10:49 PM
    Basically Select is the highest you can go with any PDA, thats the correct way to set it up. There are just different plans for PDA's and devices that can access mobile web like the Krave.
    12-07-08 11:45 PM
    you have a family share select line for unlim text / pix / video msging and then your data package for the unlim email web
    12-08-08 01:46 AM
    you have a family share select line for unlim text / pix / video msging and then your data package for the unlim email web
    No, they have the Connect Plan primary line for their standard handet and 9.99 add-a-line which includes unlimited messaging plus the BB data pkg for the Blackberry line.

It can be done that way. The Blackberry can't be on a Connect plan, but on the Connect plan you can have either a 19.99 connect secondary line or 9.99 "select line" if you don't want the secondary line to have the unlimited data for standard handsets.
    12-08-08 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD