If I get a 6% voice and 6% data discount on my blackberry plan because of my employer will that 6% discount also apply to a $60 3G data card for my laptop?
    08-17-09 09:26 AM
    I dont see why not; because the plan is a plan. But its a good question for customer service.
    08-17-09 10:10 AM
    No, discount do not apply to PC cards.
    08-17-09 10:14 AM
    My 12% I get off my BB data, I also got off of my data card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 05:49 PM
    I put a data card on a 5th line, so separate bill about 3 months ago and my discount was on my bill. I don't know, they applied it.

08-17-09 05:57 PM
    That wil probably be removed at some point.

08-17-09 06:40 PM
    I ended up paying the ETF on that account as I got transferred at work and did not need the data card any longer.

08-17-09 08:56 PM
    i was interested in getting a data card or a netbook with verizon data card built in...my 19 percent corporate discount that i get on my calling plan and blackberry internet service would also be applied to the data card...

i dont have a grandfathered plan...

does corporate discount mean corporate liable account?
    08-17-09 09:00 PM
    Yeah corporate liable is under a tax ID. Corp liable gets the discount, not employees.

08-17-09 09:08 PM
    Why would anyone be interested in a data card or netbook if they think that verizon is so unpredictable and inconsistent...
    08-18-09 07:42 AM
    just a confirmation, if an account is NOT Corporate liable (IE consumer, employee liable, etc) then you do NOT get an access discount off of data cards, unless there is a discount specific to your employer's contract.
    08-18-09 08:40 AM
    Your discount will apply to a tethering feature, but not a monthly mobile broadband plan.

Discount applies to data features 29.99 and higher. So you are mostly correct, unless they are on the BES and have the $15 data plan for tethering
    08-18-09 08:57 AM
    blue and bold quit being a smart a$$...seriously... 6 months ago maybe i didnt hate vzw so much...der duh der! keep in mind i have 5 lines and some of us cant afford to pay 875 in ETFs so stfu

Your discount will apply to a tethering feature, but not a monthly mobile broadband plan.

my account is not paid for by a corporation...i get a corporate discount...

i just called verizon about VIP details (other thread, not relating to this one) and my corporate discount would apply to the 59.99 a month data plan...

dunno what you are talkin about...
    08-18-09 01:03 PM
    He's right though. Personal accounts do not get discounts on mobile broadband cards.

08-18-09 02:31 PM
    He's right though. Personal accounts do not get discounts on mobile broadband cards.

Atleast they aren't supposed to.

08-18-09 03:14 PM
    blue and bold quit being a smart a$$...seriously... 6 months ago maybe i didnt hate vzw so much...der duh der! keep in mind i have 5 lines and some of us cant afford to pay 875 in ETFs so stfu

my account is not paid for by a corporation...i get a corporate discount...

i just called verizon about VIP details (other thread, not relating to this one) and my corporate discount would apply to the 59.99 a month data plan...

dunno what you are talkin about...
    No it doesnt apply to the 59.99. You didnt call Verizon and they didnt give you that incorrect information. Corporate discounts do not apply to the PC card data plans. This question was answered with the 3rd post but it still continues to go on and on and on and on and on.
    08-18-09 10:20 PM
    smachart stfu...dont tell me that i didnt call somewhere when i did...

i had to call verizon today for something and i did ask them again if i got one of those netbooks, if i tethered, or used a data card would by corporate discount apply...they said yes it would just like i get the corporate discount on my blackberry data plan and on my calling plan...

not going to argue about this any more. it is what it is. and the fact that verizon is being inconsistant yet again just fuels the fire even more....
    08-20-09 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD