I want to use my fathers upgrade to upgrade my phone...I know Verizon does this...Would Best Buy do it for me?
    11-01-09 12:53 PM
    Just upgrade your fathers phone, and then switch numbers. Game over!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 12:56 PM
    Best Buy does do alternate upgrades. They had a system update that now allows this.
    11-01-09 02:52 PM
    Best Buy does do alternate upgrades. They had a system update that now allows this.
    Nice thanks!! I would need the account holder with me though to do it right? If I wanted to preorder the phone would I need the account holder to pre-order it and then pick it up..
    11-01-09 04:17 PM
    Yea they have upgrades, sometimes they are better then at the Retail Direct Store, but it all depends on the device.
    11-01-09 05:12 PM
    Nice thanks!! I would need the account holder with me though to do it right? If I wanted to preorder the phone would I need the account holder to pre-order it and then pick it up..
    You would need the account holder to actually purchase the phone upgrade.

You do not need them present to do the pre-order, since they don't actually look anything up about your account in the Verizon system. They just put your name on the list for that store, and charge you $50 for a BestBuy gift card, which you then use towards the purchase of the phone when you come back and buy it.
    11-01-09 05:18 PM
    You can have the account holder call and add you as an authorized user, where they you will be able to make changes to the account.
    11-01-09 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD