SO I WAS LOOKING THREW REVIEWS ON SOFTWARE AND CAME ACROSS THIS PRETTY COOL SOFTWARE CALLED "POYNT" .....
    NO TO MY QUESTION HAS ANYBOD TRIED THIS SOFTWARE AND IF SO DOES IT WORK WELL WITH VERIZON G.P.S.
    AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST IF SO DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE VZ NAVI. ?
    08-10-08 06:28 PM
    There is really no need to SHOUT, is there?

Anyhow... you might be SOL with your Verizon device and GPS. They kinda lock that stuff down. Never used Poynt, but heard of it... and I do not have VZW, so I cannot really give you a solid answer
    08-10-08 06:31 PM
    VZW does not have GPS on the phone and yes if wants maps you need VZNav for turn by turn. I have hear about others using a seperate GPS device bluetooth connected. As for POYNT have never heard of it.

FYI - best not to type in all caps. yelling is not nice
    Last edited by lastraid; 08-10-08 at 06:45 PM.
    08-10-08 06:33 PM
    lol lol sorry about the caps there bmcclure937 i didnt even notice my caps was on

lastraid: if you look on reviews and go to software it there and sounds good but just wondering if its even worth it
    since vz blocks so much
    08-10-08 06:42 PM
    VZW dows not have GPS on the phone
    GPS not being on the phone and GPS being disabled to 3rd party apps is two different things my friend. Please post correct info.
    08-10-08 06:43 PM
    Will check it out.
    08-10-08 06:44 PM
    GPS not being on the phone and GPS being disabled to 3rd party apps is two different things my friend. Please post correct info.
    Exactly what I was going to say...

The Verizon Curve 8330 does have GPS onboard. Unfortunately, this functionality is locked down by VZW, forcing you to use VZNav
    08-10-08 06:46 PM

Yes correct, but others here have been tying in 3rd party devices (not software) to a VZW BB and it does work. This is what I was saying. at least I do not think I mentioned software.

If I so implied that 3rd party software would work I am sorry
    08-10-08 06:49 PM
    well to all im sorry but i have did a lil investigating on this and have found out that it works pretty good but if you try and use the gps part of "poynt" it just shows a red dot and is kinda worthless on that part
    08-10-08 06:53 PM
    That is because of the GPS apps block by VZW. This is very heated conversation here, if you look around you will see the conversations
    08-10-08 07:59 PM
    oh i know i have been a part of them and ive seen some heated discussions
    i think i will give it a try but if i dont like it i can always disinstall lol lol
    08-10-08 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD