When trying to update my documents to go app (to version 1.0060) on my 8330 it gives me the message "The download is incompatible with data already stored on device". I am trying to update it so I will be able to view excel (xls.) files. Anyone know how to get documents to go to open and view excel files???
    02-25-09 12:34 PM
    i had to delete the docs to go and restart the phone and then download ota.
    02-25-09 12:55 PM
    Greetings and welcome to CB! Open a Word to Go doc and hit the menu key. In the menu, choose "Check for updates". It may prompt you to register it. Go ahead and do that. It should bring up another screen notifying of the update for the Standard Edition, not the premium. This should get you Sheets to Go.

One word of caution, unless you purchase the premium version or have Desktop Manager v4.7, when you sync, it will want to downgrade the DTG version. Here is a link explaining how to fix this from DataViz:

DocID: 14193 - Blackberry Desktop Manager downgrades Documents To Go to an older version.
    02-25-09 01:02 PM
    i had to delete the docs to go and restart the phone and then download ota.
    Thanks a lot. I did this and it worked great.

Now I have another problem when trying to open a excel spread sheet. I get the error message "This file cannot be opened because it is not a valid MS Excel 97-2008 file). Hmmmmmm ???

Also thanks to Patrickwc for your help as well.
    02-25-09 02:04 PM
    do your excel files have a .xls or .xlsx extension? mine seems to open both but you may want to try re-saving to excel 97-03 (.xls) format and see if that works for you
    02-25-09 02:17 PM
    I'm getting the same error message when trying to download the update 1.0.0.6. I've uninstalled completely, restarted, and reinstalled multiple times, but cannot get it to work. Whatever the online apploader installed for 4.5.0.135 dor Docs2Go, corrupted something. Any ideas?
    02-25-09 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD