08-08-09 08:23 AM
33 12
tools
    If I went on and on about how unhappy I am with my storm and Verizon (only part true, not too happy with my storm) that they would give me a new device (Tour, Cough Cough) if I make my rant good enough? I think its possible because sombody I know has done it with another device non blackberry related with functional problems....what do you all think

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 12:45 AM
    It is possible, how many replacement storms have you had?
    08-07-09 12:46 AM
    No.

I don't know where people get this idea they should be able to get a free upgrade because a new phone comes out.
    08-07-09 12:47 AM
    I know three people that are my personal friends that had 3 replacement storms and VZW allowed them to return the storm and get a Tour at no charge,
    08-07-09 12:50 AM
    Well then you have very lucky friends as this is not the norm and Verizon is cracking down and will most likely change this policy because of people who abuse it (OP & Your friends) to get a new free phone.
    08-07-09 12:51 AM
    Why did you keep it after 30? Must of satisfied you at least that long. Verizon knows the storm has had issues, but the ones coming off the shelf today are running smooth so you will have to destroy something about the phone for them to go, oh, this phone is trouble. Just haggle with them to get the phone you want if money is an issue.
    08-07-09 12:54 AM
    Well then you have very lucky friends as this is not the norm and Verizon is cracking down and will most likely change this policy because of people who abuse it (OP & Your friends) to get a new free phone.
    No Doubt!..........
    08-07-09 12:55 AM
    I agree however my friends are not crackberry addicts and could not sift through storm problems and make the device something that was functional for them. VZW had documented all the problems and actually offered it to a couple of them when my friends asked what their options were. I believe that my friends were just in way over their heads with the storm. Now they have Tour's and call me once a week for help but the Tour is much more functional for them. I actually thought it was nice of VZW to make the offer.
    08-07-09 12:58 AM
    There are certain situations that may call for it but being over your head in a device means you should return it within 30 days.
    08-07-09 01:01 AM
    Agreed, they kept holding onto the fact that one of the replacements would work for them.
    08-07-09 01:10 AM
    Personally, if you are within your first 30 days and your phone becomes defective, it's probably the best choice to find a different one, now not saying to do it constantly, but there are just some phones out there that are consistent problems such as chargers not working properly or the phone is just not what it is supposed to do.

Many knew that storms were pretty bad early in stages of its life, and now some are just becoming frustrated, but yet they went through so many replacements over their 30 days. If that was the case, why not just go find a different phone that has better reliability?
    Sometimes though, you may just be unlucky with a certain brand of phone and get a defective one. Honestly though, if your phone breaks within 30 days, in my opinion at least, I would just find a different one instead.
    08-07-09 02:03 AM
    for those of you who think this is a "money issue" most certainly NOT. and its not like i havent sifted through the problems of the storm aswell my storm runs smooth i just dont like the reliability im a business man... thank you for the feedback, i see probably some of you are most likely Verizon Employes lol but ill let you guys know today when i get that TOUR! (trying to think positive) ill send a post out in a few hours...i think its gonna work
    08-07-09 11:38 AM
    So you are admittedly trying to lie to get your way? Why is it that you are unhappy with the storm? Is there an actual problem or do you just want the tour?
    08-07-09 11:52 AM
    i mean ive run the updates on my storm its just slow, ive done all the stuff on here to make it faster and i just dont like the way it crashes, slow reaction etc. its not like i just want the Tour and will lie to get my way its about reliability and the storm just isnt cuttin it for me you know
    08-07-09 11:58 AM
    Well you could always just pay for a different phone and then you don't have to argue with them about anything. Sure you are going to have to pay full retail but you said money isn't a problem. Besides is the Tour really that much faster then the Storm? I just don't see the point in trying to "persuade" them to give you a new phone just because you are not happy with yours when you can just buy a new one with no hassle.
    08-07-09 12:15 PM
    Just keep it. Once you have it for ten months then you can do an upgrade. Well if you meet the requirements. Depending on how long you have had your storm that shouldn't be that long from now. A few months is not a long time and goes by pretty fast. Don't lie to them. If you absolutely can't wait then go into a corp store and just tell them that your storm isn't as quick or reliable as you would like and is there anything they can do for you. They might just help you out. If not then just suck it up and keep your storm or buy a tour full retail. If money isn't an issue then neither should buying it full retail.
    08-07-09 12:19 PM
    I can definitely see the multi-fru/clnr policy dissappearing by the end of the year.

Me too,
    Its people like this that try to rape VZW for a new phone that help raise prices of service. If they got rid of Multifru's imagine what that would be like. Its weird because I talk to ppl that have gone through 6 storms and they are totally content with another one. Other people like the OP who still hasnt said how many replacements he has had are just here with their 2nd storm trying to get something free. If its not a money issue, and you are outside of your thirty days then buy a Tour. If you want it bad enough to lie why not just buy it and sleep better at night knowing its legit and you didn't have to lie your way into a new phone.
    Oops started to rant.
    08-07-09 02:37 PM
    This thread makes me not want to help customers at all simply for the fact that the abusers get what they want and the ones who really do need something have to wait!
    08-07-09 02:54 PM
    good, then dont help your customers out!...the customer is always right! guess they diddnt teach you that in "Verizon School" lol

...meanwhile IT WORKED GOT MY TOUR proving my doubters wrong and my supporters RIGHT!!!
    08-07-09 03:50 PM
    The customer is not always right, in fact, most of the time the customer is wrong.
    08-07-09 03:54 PM
    Yeah, no. The customer is NOT always right.

As a matter of fact, most of the time the customer is either lazy, a liar, or flat out wrong.

08-07-09 03:56 PM
    good, then dont help your customers out!...the customer is always right! guess they diddnt teach you that in "Verizon School" lol

...meanwhile IT WORKED GOT MY TOUR proving my doubters wrong and my supporters RIGHT!!!

congrats that your lie worked

we are all so proud of you
    08-07-09 03:57 PM

Congratulations. If this was your first Storm and you swapped it out for a completely different device after 30 days, you beat the system.

You must feel like you're the man!

Now you said you're a business man. Let's go into business together. We'll draw up a contract, and both of us will agree and sign to it. 5 months from now, I'm going to see how much I can **** you over on this contract.

Don't forget, as a customer of yours, I'm ALWAYS right. Get ready to bow down.

08-07-09 04:02 PM

Keep believing the customer is always right. The more the customer thinks they are right the more prices are going to continue to rise.

The customer is not always right, in fact, most of the time the customer is wrong.
    Rarely is the customer right and even when they are wrong the still feel entitled to a credit or something free for their mistake.
    08-07-09 04:02 PM
    lol youre real funny!
    08-07-09 04:04 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD