My wife has been eligible for an upgrade since 5/2010.....Do upgrades expire?
    01-08-11 09:04 AM
    No, that would be quite counter-intuitive if they did considering you already have to wait a significant amount of time until they can be used.
    01-08-11 09:47 AM
    No, they don't expire. An upgrade is really a way for the carrier to get you to sign a new 1 or 2yr agreement. I went almost 3 years once without a contract..
    01-08-11 09:48 AM
    No, they don't expire. An upgrade is really a way for the carrier to get you to sign a new 1 or 2yr agreement. I went almost 3 years once without a contract..
    3 years! you certainly have patience. Lol.
    As stated above upgrades do not expire, but I'm sure Vzw has been dropping you msgs/txs or emails since May 2010 to "remind" you of your upgrade in case you forgot lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-11 10:03 AM
    I "held on" to an upgrade for more than 2 years before using it, just because I was pleased with the phone I had, and didn't see anything offered that would work better for my needs. Finally, my old phone's battery just wasn't holding a good charge any more. Replacements were no longer in stock, and I really didn't want to take a chance on buying a secondary market one which had already been sitting around for years. I'd been considering a BB, but wasn't sure which one I wanted. My daughter gave me her old Pearl to activate while I decided. I finally used my upgrade to get the Tour that I have now.

No reason to use the upgrade right away if you haven't really decided what you want instead, or if the word is out that VZW will be expanding the model offerings within the next few months, and you might have more choices.
    01-09-11 07:50 PM
    Nope, they don't "expire". My mom had the same old bad phone for 4+ years before she upgraded to the Droid.

Of course, they harass you to "upgrade" because they want your money but no, upgrades never expire. You just wait until you see a phone you want and get it when you're ready.
    01-09-11 09:39 PM
    Of course, they harass you to "upgrade" because they want your money but no, upgrades never expire. You just wait until you see a phone you want and get it when you're ready.
    Well, to be technical, they want you to upgrade to lock you into a new contract. They take a hit when you upgrade because the price of the phone is heavily subsidized.
    01-09-11 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD