05-02-09 03:50 PM
35 12
tools
    I thought I was implied lol, sorry bout that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 01:28 PM
    Well I'm on t-moblie and they asked me for my os version I told them and they were like"oh you have the latest software" and that was that they still helped me with my problem.

The question here is, did you tell them what you wanted them to hear or what you actually had on the device?
    05-01-09 02:13 PM
    The question here is, did you tell them what you wanted them to hear or what you actually had on the device?
    Thanks Last because the implied post isnt implied to me.
    05-01-09 02:16 PM
    Yes I told them what I actually had on the device.

05-01-09 02:32 PM
    Yes I told them what I actually had on the device.

Cool, well then if you did not have their released version and they did not know better, I am glad to hear they helped you anyway. While I know what the latest version is for VZW, I will always take sometime to resolve an issue for a customer. The only thing I would not do this for is, if the problem has something to do with VZW product ie VZNav. These beta versions do have carrier dependant programming and can be adverse to the device.
    05-01-09 02:37 PM
    Cool, well then if you did not have their released version and they did not know better, I am glad to hear they helped you anyway. While I know what the latest version is for VZW, I will always take sometime to resolve an issue for a customer. The only thing I would not do this for is, if the problem has something to do with VZW product ie VZNav. These beta versions do have carrier dependant programming and can be adverse to the device.
    And that makes sense to do so.

05-01-09 02:42 PM
    My attitude is simple. It MAY void your warranty, it MAY not (depending on what the issue is) - BUT it's a 30 minute procedure to downgrade to the official. It's worth 30 minutes to potentially save a bill for the full retail cost of the device so why play with fire? If an item is returned, it SHOULD be returned in as close to the condition it came in as possible.
    05-01-09 03:08 PM
    The operating system is the core of the phone. When you get a phone you also get tech support for what the carrier okays. If you use an unauth software package for your phone's core, you can't expect the carrier to support it or give you tech supp on it. So what about hardware malfunctions? Can you prove your hardware problem wasn't caused by your unauth core update?

I can put software on my puter that will speed up the processor causing more heat which could lead to premie failure. How do you know durability and reliability and expected lifespan isn't the reason that operating system wasnt approved from the get go? You don't so your best off not taking it in with a pirated or beta op sys on it. Go back to orig and be done with it.

Just saying.

05-01-09 04:09 PM
    You don't so your best off not taking it in with a pirated or beta op sys on it. Go back to orig and be done with it.
    Concur on the unreleased versions, or hacked hybrid OS modifications, but any build appropriate to the device which has release from a recognized service provider should *not* void the warranty. VZW customers need to be a little more cautious with models where there is a difference between GSM and CDMA software - but these should usually be trapped by Desktop Manager anyway before they break the phone.
    05-02-09 02:54 PM
    "unsupported" software is just that: unsupported.
    05-02-09 03:50 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD