I'm on an original Storm, and have the $45 "unlimited corporate email and web" plan. However, I didn't get the phone through my employer. In terms of email, I use it to check my Gmail and work accounts. (The web portal for my work e-mail is Zimbra.) If I switch from the BES to the cheaper BIS plan, will I have any problems receiving messages from either of my email accounts?
    03-07-10 12:18 PM
    You only need a corporate account if your work tells you to get one, you'd also know this because they typically pay for your phone bill. BIS is for personal email. Kinda simple.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 01:12 PM
    That's what I figured. My next question...if I switch our plan online to the BIS one, will my wife and I lose our current e-mail setups or will they remain intact? (I'm mainly concerned about this because at the moment, the Email setup app appears to be missing from my phone. Facebook doesn't work at all either, but that's another story.)
    03-07-10 01:15 PM
    they will stay intact, as it is tied to your BB pin
    03-07-10 01:38 PM
    You only need a corporate account if your work tells you to get one, you'd also know this because they typically pay for your phone bill. BIS is for personal email. Kinda simple.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not necessarily correct. You can have the $29.99 BIS plan and still receive email from an exchange server using Outlook Web Access, so its not a 'corporate' vs 'personal' email. What if your company offers imap or pop access? Its still corporate but will work just fine on the BIS plan.

The primary difference is whether or not you are connecting to a blackberry enterprise server (BES). No need for a BES connection, $29.99 works just fine.
    03-07-10 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD