I know this is a BB site but since this is a VZW forum have any of you guys
    in VZW heard anything of the new HTC line up coming to VZW
    Thanks and here are the links below...

HTC Rhodium W Specs | Technical Specifications | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, Smartphone, PNA & Handheld Computers Specifications

HTC Leak - all the pictures and our analysis
    04-06-09 01:28 PM
    That device is supposed to be dual-mode CDMA/GSM. As such, it will probably be offered on VZW. It has WiFi, camera and more.

When? Possibly October, as the links suggest.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 01:59 PM
    Thanks I know some of u guys here are VZ folks. Just was wondering if u had a bit more insight. I really don't wanna switch over to another carrier. I have been with VZW almost 6yrs now.
    04-06-09 02:50 PM
    I read somewhere that VZ was getting the HTC touch diamond on April 10th. Maybe on BGR?
    04-06-09 03:11 PM
    Thanks I know some of u guys here are VZ folks. Just was wondering if u had a bit more insight. I really don't wanna switch over to another carrier. I have been with VZW almost 6yrs now.
    But would you be happy with a touchscreen WinMo device?

Considering that device has CDMA as the primary radio, its hard to believe it would be in the US market without VZW - and considering VZW & HTC seem to know each other well...

04-06-09 03:38 PM
    I want that screen size; I can't do anything til the end of the year. Nor do I really want to. But it is nice to start shopping early.....
    04-06-09 03:39 PM
    I came over from a WinMo device; the wonderful vx6800. It wasn't too bad. I wanted a bigger screen. I was going to leave VZW for Sprint. Simply because of
    the pricing. But a rep showed me the upcoming Storm; so I stayed. I liked the screen size of the Storm; and the more I read the more I wanted it. What I honestly liked about Win Mo is the amount of apps available for it.
    There were programs that allowed
    u to clean up the memory etc. not to mention the games as well.
    So I will see what will be in store for the
    upcoming devices with VZW. I really don't want to pay that hefty deposit to go with AT&T. Only reason I would got to AT&T is for u guessed that phone. But listening to and seeing my friend deal with AT&T they seem less flexible than VZW. I can purchase stuff with VZW put it on my account. Also they charged my friend for a game she didn't buy. VZW would have taken it off my acct immediately. Where as AT&T said she would have to wait til here bill came out.
    I also love the discounts as well.
    I am spoiled by the Storm; the navigation; and I love the mp3 player capabilities. Not to mention other things
    04-06-09 03:51 PM
    Screen size is nice. I have a few of those XV series phones lying around here and they do have a decent screen. My problem with them is it was a multi-step process to answer/dial and it was next to impossible to dial without looking. Pulling the stylus to cover for my fat fingers was also a pain.

Contrary to what many here will tell you, WinMo is light-years ahead of BlackBerry - but most people don't want the headaches often associated with such advanced configurability and are better off with a BlackBerry, iPhone or even a dumbphone with some extended capability. There are far more apps for WinMo and I think that if Microsoft were to ever fully polish the OS, it would be the hands-on choice. But they haven't, so it isn't.

Personally, I prefer BlackBerry, as I have the latest & greatest configurable PCs. I don't need another complicated device.

AT&T can be an experience, as many will attest to. For others, it works well. But the prices are close to mirror images of VZW, often coming out more expensive than VZW. If it were still the old-line AT&T, minus all of the regulatory hurdles they faced post-divestiture, I might like them better. But as you probably know, the old AT&T was absorbed by SBC, one of the original Baby Bells with substantial new-line financial backing. As such, it isn't the same and cost-cutting/other money-saving practices seem to be the new M.O.

As I've stated elsewhere, if I had only bad (in my eyes) BlackBerrys to choose from, I'd get used to WinMo again really quick. In reality, if a newer version of WinMo showed itself to be much-improved, I might be right there with you even if BlackBerry options were still good.

04-06-09 05:10 PM
    i had the htc touch, then went over to blackberry...once winmo has a real stable device, i will go back to it...i went from apache, to mogul, to touch...and while great pocket pc's, not very stable...
    04-06-09 09:53 PM
    The HTC Touch Diamond will launch *very* soon.
    04-07-09 09:04 AM
    Screen size is nice. I have a few of those XV series phones lying around here and they do have a decent screen. My problem with them is it was a multi-step process to answer/dial and it was next to impossible to dial without looking. Pulling the stylus to cover for my fat fingers was also a pain.

Contrary to what many here will tell you, WinMo is light-years ahead of BlackBerry - but most people don't want the headaches often associated with such advanced configurability and are better off with a BlackBerry, iPhone or even a dumbphone with some extended capability. There are far more apps for WinMo and I think that if Microsoft were to ever fully polish the OS, it would be the hands-on choice. But they haven't, so it isn't.

Personally, I prefer BlackBerry, as I have the latest & greatest configurable PCs. I don't need another complicated device.

AT&T can be an experience, as many will attest to. For others, it works well. But the prices are close to mirror images of VZW, often coming out more expensive than VZW. If it were still the old-line AT&T, minus all of the regulatory hurdles they faced post-divestiture, I might like them better. But as you probably know, the old AT&T was absorbed by SBC, one of the original Baby Bells with substantial new-line financial backing. As such, it isn't the same and cost-cutting/other money-saving practices seem to be the new M.O.

As I've stated elsewhere, if I had only bad (in my eyes) BlackBerrys to choose from, I'd get used to WinMo again really quick. In reality, if a newer version of WinMo showed itself to be much-improved, I might be right there with you even if BlackBerry options were still good.

My Storm is my first BB; and while it may have issues. I am enjoying this
    phone. I used my stylus in the beginning then started using my fingertips.
    The slide out keyboard was pretty cool to have.
    I was never one to go in a tweak or hack. If really necessary I would
    have found someone to do that. But it was so easy to change
    the colors. You could even take all your icons off so you could just
    have your pic and nothing else. U know what I would love to see
    for a bb; the ability to change your dialer color.
    The worst that u might have to do with a Win Mo device is a hard reset.
    Your statement about WinMo was echoed by Civic on this forum.
    If you screw it up way bad. I remember this program that I had right on
    my 6800; where u could back up your settings right on your
    phone and restore. That was really slick; but again what drove
    me crazy was that small screen size.
    I had the feeling that the iphone was the same as the BB as to
    what you could do with it as well.
    If I switch from the BB though what I will miss; the way this
    thing pushes the email.....

As far as carriers go; it figures that AT&T would have merged with the
    old SBC.
    Well for the sake of history; VZW was the old GTE. Just found that out recently as well.
    04-07-09 09:08 AM
    The HTC Touch Diamond will launch *very* soon.
    The screen size is only 2.8 though..............
    PDA Comparer site; nice.
    It will show the new and upcoming phones.
    Be careful it can make one drool

PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, Smartphone, PNA & Handheld Computers Specifications
    04-07-09 09:18 AM
    I read somewhere that VZ was getting the HTC touch diamond on April 10th. Maybe on BGR?

No way we are getting it that soon, we have not taken any training on it it, and that usually happens a month before it's released.

I doubt if we are overly anxious to get it out though, HTC phones don't sell.
    04-07-09 03:59 PM
    My Storm is my first BB; and while it may have issues. I am enjoying this
    phone. I used my stylus in the beginning then started using my fingertips.
    The slide out keyboard was pretty cool to have.
    I was never one to go in a tweak or hack. If really necessary I would
    have found someone to do that. But it was so easy to change
    the colors. You could even take all your icons off so you could just
    have your pic and nothing else. U know what I would love to see
    for a bb; the ability to change your dialer color.
    The worst that u might have to do with a Win Mo device is a hard reset.
    Your statement about WinMo was echoed by Civic on this forum.
    If you screw it up way bad. I remember this program that I had right on
    my 6800; where u could back up your settings right on your
    phone and restore. That was really slick; but again what drove
    me crazy was that small screen size.
    I had the feeling that the iphone was the same as the BB as to
    what you could do with it as well.
    If I switch from the BB though what I will miss; the way this
    thing pushes the email.....

As far as carriers go; it figures that AT&T would have merged with the
    old SBC.
    Well for the sake of history; VZW was the old GTE. Just found that out recently as well.
    One of the things that drives me nuts about BlackBerry is you are forced to settle for RIM's selection of menu & order. Configurability and customization is seriously lacking in BlackBerry compared to WinMo. Now for many, that configurability opens up a rat's nest of problems.

And the hard reset issue isn't much different than the battery pulls we need to do.

I hear Microsoft may be putting a lot behind an all new workup of WinMo, with the intent being to increase reliability, reduce weight & resource draw and basically pretty things up. They are not as concerned with outdoing RIM, as RIM is already pretty MS-centric, but with putting hurt on iPhone & Android.

It will be a cold day in Phoenix before I'd ever consider Android.

Bell Atlantic (a Baby Bell, or RBOC, formed from NJBell, Nynex, etc.) had Bell Atlantic Mobile, then bought up Metro Mobile, becoming Bell Atlantic Metro Mobile. They also had a partnership with Vodaphone, known as Airtouch.

GTE, a non-RBOC LEC, had PrimeCo and a few other mobile alliances.

In some areas, Airtouch & Bell Atlantic Metro Mobile competed against each other, even though ownership was shared.

In what was seen as preparation for a new era where local telcos would be allowed to compete directly with the likes of their former parent AT&T, as well as MCI, Sprint, and a host of smaller long-lines carriers, a merger took place. Bell Atlantic & GTE became Verizon and their mobile properties were combined to become Verizon Wireless.

Most of the POTS properties outside of the old Bell Atlantic service area of the Northeast/New England area are old GTE areas.

A little more condensed version of the AT&T side - Southwestern Bell snapped up or merged with BellSouth, Pacific Telesys/PacBell & Nevada Bell, becoming SBC. Then SBC swallowed the old AT&T & took on the AT&T name, primarily because of market recognition, but also because it didn't come with a regional focus.

Screwy fact - GTE started Sprint, then spun it off. Sprint & Citizens Telephone merged to be able to do local & long distance. Some local properties took the Sprint name. Then Frontier took a part of the local assets from Sprint & now operates with Citizen as the parent company & Frontier as the local telco. And there is now some speculation that Verizon Communications may take Citizen & put it under their brand.

It is a tangled web, with a lot of intersections, but one of the two predecessors of Verizon started Sprint as a response to MCI competing with AT&T. And even more interesting is that Verizon also bought up much of MCI's infrastructure.

What was once one became many and is now few.

In the interest of time, much of the above was pulled from memory, which is a feat in itself - after all, MCI came into existence in 1968 - if I missed or scrambled something, let me know and we can discuss it.

Overall, I am not married to any company or even to BlackBerry. What we have now can be better, as long as the government keeps its inept & crooked fingers away from it all. If AT&T gives me better performance next year or Microsoft teams with Dell to create a better smartphone, I will be there.

I prefer Made in North America, which is a reason I like BlackBerry devices. I don't like HTC much at all and tend to look at their devices as not very well designed - the China connection doesn't help much either, even if it is Hong Kong.

04-07-09 06:10 PM
    Twin you know your history which leads me to believe u have been doing
    this for quite some time.
    I was wondering about where HTC was made. For some reason I thought
    it was a German company.
    The way the economy is; it is nice to buy American made whenever possible.
    Another phone I saw that might be coming to VZW is the Flash by Motorola
    it looks to have a nice sized screen as well.
    About what you said being loyal to a particular company.
    It is all about someone giving you the service u desire.
    I agree what you say about RIMS platform not letting you stray
    away from the way they lay out their menus. But then again Apple
    is pretty much the same. Which leads back to your statement
    that Apple and Rim system simplifies their OS for simplicity.
    I guess you can say the Win Mo OS is for those who
    like to take the side road from time to time.
    Another I find funny about your statement being married to
    a particular company.
    I have noticed how some people get into a pi$$ing contest
    about a particular company.
    As if the company that they defend gives two trucks about them.

One thing I would miss about the Storm is the click; I do like that
    confirmation.
    04-09-09 09:09 AM
    No way we are getting it that soon, we have not taken any training on it it, and that usually happens a month before it's released.

I doubt if we are overly anxious to get it out though, HTC phones don't sell.
    Check EGuide.
    04-09-09 09:27 AM
    Twin you know your history which leads me to believe u have been doing
    this for quite some time.
    I was wondering about where HTC was made. For some reason I thought
    it was a German company.
    The way the economy is; it is nice to buy American made whenever possible.
    Another phone I saw that might be coming to VZW is the Flash by Motorola
    it looks to have a nice sized screen as well.
    About what you said being loyal to a particular company.
    It is all about someone giving you the service u desire.
    I agree what you say about RIMS platform not letting you stray
    away from the way they lay out their menus. But then again Apple
    is pretty much the same. Which leads back to your statement
    that Apple and Rim system simplifies their OS for simplicity.
    I guess you can say the Win Mo OS is for those who
    like to take the side road from time to time.
    Another I find funny about your statement being married to
    a particular company.
    I have noticed how some people get into a pi$$ing contest
    about a particular company.
    As if the company that they defend gives two trucks about them.

One thing I would miss about the Storm is the click; I do like that
    confirmation.
    I have been at it for too many years - and sometimes, those years lend themselves to some outside variations.

I said HTC is Chinese - Hong Kong, actually. So many reviews I see these days make mention of "Chinese company HTC" or something like that and my mind just forgot truth. It is probably because of the pressures by many to absolve Taiwan of its sovereignty.

When a lie is repeated often enough, people start thinking it is true, because they don't stop to think.

HTC, or High-Tech Computer, is a Taiwanese company, not Chinese.

I agree with your thoughts on these companies not giving two trucks about those who so adamantly defend the brand. Cell/computer/software/tech companies generally don't have much in the way of loyalty programs, like the true emotion-driven products can have. I get mailed birthday cards from my dealer, Chevrolet AND the Bowling Green, KY plant. I get free tours and discounts on parts & service. That is on the GM side. I get more from the hi-po tuner. Yet I still get kids who don't understand my passion for the brand.

I get a tiny little bit of that feeling with VZW, when a usually sincere voice tells me, "thank you for being the best part of Verizon Wireless.". When I cann Sprint or when I've done business with AT&T, the most they ever say is "thanks for calling AT&T" or "thanks for calling Sprint."

Small stuff, I know, but I remember when you had a problem with your phone bill, you drove over to the office & a service rep came out and sat down in front of you to help. These days, it is some faceless company based somewhere close to the armpit of New York or near New Jersey that answers to shareholders. While Sprint & AT&T shuttered most of their local customer service facilities, outsourcing much of the work overseas, VZW built a huge facility on the other side of town, employing thousands. While they don't sit across the desk from you, as in the days of New York Telephone or Mountain States Telephone & Telegraph or Pacific Telephone, you might know a few of them or run into them in the grocery store.

When I call them, I usually get Chandler, AZ. If not, it is Albuquerque, NM, Portland, OR or Bellevue, WA. For me, while coverage/performance is the big issue, the little things like what I just mentioned play a large part, too.

For me, BlackBerry is about simplicity - as simple as a smartphone can be. Simplicity means less to go wrong. But BlackBerry is not all it is cracked up to be either. I remember too many times on other sites with people claiming to BlackBerry fans yelling about how bad WinMo is; that apps stayed running in the background and battery pulls being needed daily. Oops, sounds just like BlackBerry, doesn't it? Maybe WinMo isn't as bad as the rabid fanboys suggest? Those same fanboys would accuse & berate anyone who pointed out the shortcomings of a BlackBerry - calling them WinMo fanboys or Bill Gates toadies or whatever. When the "other carrier" fanboys come here to start trouble, I am reminded of this.

I am not a BlackBerry fan or a WinMo fan. The device in my hand is a tool, not a toy. I don't care if it is a custom color and I don't care what OS it runs, as long as it does three things - clear, reliable calls, contact management & electronic communications. The network it runs on has to work where I need it to work. I know not everyone has the same needs, but only VZW gives me coverage nearly anywhere I go on a daily basis. I am not talking annual vacations or big trips. I am talking about the 6-10 times per month I have to drive to Las Vegas, Albuquerque, Salt Lake or El Paso. It is bad when we lose Sprint coverage a mile from my house and the neighbors have spotty coverage on AT&T (but T-Mobile is fine - go figure).

My biggest exposure to HTC devices has been Tilt & XV-series. The things were huge, the WiFi was a battery hog and the touch screens buggy.

Probably my favorite touchscreen is the haptic feedback on the (gasp) LG Voyager.

Maybe Samsung or Moto will surprise with a good WinMo with a real keyboard.

Sorry to ramble, but my phones have been ringing off their hooks & I started this between calls.

04-09-09 01:24 PM

When a lie is repeated often enough, people start thinking it is true, because they don't stop to think.

HTC, or High-Tech Computer, is a Taiwanese company, not Chinese.

I agree with your thoughts on these companies not giving two trucks about those who so adamantly defend the brand. Cell/computer/software/tech companies generally don't have much in the way of loyalty programs, like the true emotion-driven products can have. I get mailed birthday cards from my dealer, Chevrolet AND the Bowling Green, KY plant. I get free tours and discounts on parts & service. That is on the GM side. I get more from the hi-po tuner. Yet I still get kids who don't understand my passion for the brand.

I get a tiny little bit of that feeling with VZW, when a usually sincere voice tells me, "thank you for being the best part of Verizon Wireless.". When I cann Sprint or when I've done business with AT&T, the most they ever say is "thanks for calling AT&T" or "thanks for calling Sprint."

Small stuff, I know, but I remember when you had a problem with your phone bill, you drove over to the office & a service rep came out and sat down in front of you to help. These days, it is some faceless company based somewhere close to the armpit of New York or near New Jersey that answers to shareholders. While Sprint & AT&T shuttered most of their local customer service facilities, outsourcing much of the work overseas, VZW built a huge facility on the other side of town, employing thousands. While they don't sit across the desk from you, as in the days of New York Telephone or Mountain States Telephone & Telegraph or Pacific Telephone, you might know a few of them or run into them in the grocery store.

When I call them, I usually get Chandler, AZ. If not, it is Albuquerque, NM, Portland, OR or Bellevue, WA. For me, while coverage/performance is the big issue, the little things like what I just mentioned play a large part, too.

For me, BlackBerry is about simplicity - as simple as a smartphone can be. Simplicity means less to go wrong. But BlackBerry is not all it is cracked up to be either. I remember too many times on other sites with people claiming to BlackBerry fans yelling about how bad WinMo is; that apps stayed running in the background and battery pulls being needed daily. Oops, sounds just like BlackBerry, doesn't it? Maybe WinMo isn't as bad as the rabid fanboys suggest? Those same fanboys would accuse & berate anyone who pointed out the shortcomings of a BlackBerry - calling them WinMo fanboys or Bill Gates toadies or whatever. When the "other carrier" fanboys come here to start trouble, I am reminded of this.

I am not a BlackBerry fan or a WinMo fan. The device in my hand is a tool, not a toy. I don't care if it is a custom color and I don't care what OS it runs, as long as it does three things - clear, reliable calls, contact management & electronic communications. The network it runs on has to work where I need it to work. I know not everyone has the same needs, but only VZW gives me coverage nearly anywhere I go on a daily basis. I am not talking annual vacations or big trips. I am talking about the 6-10 times per month I have to drive to Las Vegas, Albuquerque, Salt Lake or El Paso. It is bad when we lose Sprint coverage a mile from my house and the neighbors have spotty coverage on AT&T (but T-Mobile is fine - go figure).

My biggest exposure to HTC devices has been Tilt & XV-series. The things were huge, the WiFi was a battery hog and the touch screens buggy.

Probably my favorite touchscreen is the haptic feedback on the (gasp) LG Voyager.

Maybe Samsung or Moto will surprise with a good WinMo with a real keyboard.
    What you say about VZW is so very true. Plus they employ people here.
    Which in this day and time is a big plus. I can say from my experience
    is that their staff is very diverse. Another thing I am liking about
    VZW from your posts; is that as far as network superiority
    they are gonna be the ones leading the way. I may not travel much
    but it is nice to know that u have that reliability when u need.
    My phone is mainly for personal use;but I like having the capabilities of a smartphone just in case.
    It is nice to have all the info you need right at your fingertips
    right when u need.
    I am learning that all smartphones require a bit of daily maintenance.
    Excpept maybe the Iphone and that I am sure may require some also.
    I have come to the conclusion that smartphones aren't for everyone.
    I'm not going to give up on my Storm just yet; despite what a lot may say
    I do like my phone very much.
    Besides all the new stuff won't be coming out til the end of the year anyway.
    I was thinking that click for confirmation.
    Thanks for dropping the knowledge.
    04-10-09 08:30 AM
    If I remeber the date for the release of this deivce, it is today
    04-10-09 08:41 AM
    If I remeber the date for the release of this deivce, it is today
    Yeah it it; I may go and play with it over the weekend.
    But I will be waiting on that Windsor with the 3.6" screen
    that is supposedly coming out towards the end of the year.
    04-10-09 08:44 AM
    HAHA then right after that the one with the 5 inch screen will be released pruely just a lie by me for those who keep for the next device to come out

HTC Touch Diamond Launches on Verizon
    Yesterday, 9:11 AM by Eric M. Zeman

The HTC Touch Diamond will be available via Verizon Wireless' business sales channels and online starting Friday, April 10 for $300 after rebate with new agreement. The Touch Diamond's key features include Windows Mobile 6.1, TouchFLO 3D, a 3.2 megapixel autofocus camera, and microSD support for cards up to 16GB.

Source Phonescoop
    Last edited by lastraid; 04-10-09 at 08:55 AM.
    04-10-09 08:48 AM
    Actually, it is the Touch Diamond Pro.

Beautiful device, but several outlets, including PCMag & Gearlog, have panned it for a sluggish interface & convoluted menus. Many do mention it is sleeker than the iPhone.

5-row slider? Nice.

Conflicting info on the GPS. I may have missed it, but the original specs indicate dual-mode, while I found nothing definitive for the Pro.

Verizon Launches HTC Touch Diamond - News and Analysis by PC Magazine

04-10-09 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD