Greetings all, I just got a storm on 5/23, I never had any BB in past.
    There is now a dispute between two tech depts cause no matter
    what we check and try my email does not get to me for hours and hours..
    say perhaps 8-10 hours!
    VZ says -- I have strong signal, get make calls and browse web
    so not their issue. BB says cause my signal status is averaging -115
    once and while it will go to -88 I will NEVER get email within minutes as I should be, I am really getting used to all of the great features..
    although touch screen is learning curve but I am getting used to it.
    dont know what to do - one VZ person said return the phone ans swap for
    another , another said wait and see how it works when you travel out of the area of your office . I was thinking perhaps it was caused by other wireless
    devices I have i.e. router - my VZ said no..
    any thoughts anyone can share would be much appreciated.

Thanks all
    05-25-09 10:22 AM
    With a signal status of -115, the email is obviously going to be latent. My question to you is though, what type of area do you live in? Are the emails always latent? Some people might even suggest upgrading the OS. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I'm sure one of the regs will have a better answer.
    05-25-09 10:26 AM
    It could be your ISP (internet service provider). I got my messages very quickly with my previous provider, switched to a different carrier (for my email at home), and I get my email on my BB much slower.
    05-25-09 10:26 AM
    That's weird, it mite be a good idea to swap BB's I could take away all problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 10:27 AM
    if your running .75 with verizon do yourself a favor and install a new os...i had that issue with .75 and great reception, i am using .141/5.0 and e-mail and text are fast like they should be and i have more app mem plus no more hour glass no matter how much i put on my phone
    05-25-09 10:41 AM
    Could be a radio issue. Try .148 or even better try Lyricidal's .148/5.0 hybrid. This OS is working extremely well. If that doesn't work you may want to swap and get a new Storm and try the hybrid or .148 again.

Good Luck!
    05-25-09 10:47 AM
    Which eamils are you having trouble with ? the @vzw.blackberry.net, Another personal one (gmail ETC)? a work or school email? More than one email account?
    05-25-09 12:59 PM
    Try setting up a mail account and see if it lags. Gmail is usually lightning quick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 01:05 PM
    it is a radio problem this is a known issue for the storm that they are trying to work on updating your software should fix the problem if not i would just replace the device cuz i wouldnt expect a resolution for that problem any time soon.
    05-25-09 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD