Sorry, I know there is another thread but no one answered me on there.... does VZW have a discount for Volunteer Firefighters? I had heard this and wondered if it was true.
    02-27-09 11:30 AM
    Call them & find out.

Spamming posts might enrage some users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 11:33 AM
    Call them & find out.

Spamming posts might enrage some users.

Spamming? Who is Spamming?
    02-27-09 12:29 PM
    Sorry, I know there is another thread but no one answered me on there.... does VZW have a discount for Volunteer Firefighters? I had heard this and wondered if it was true.
    Whereas you dont get paid by the state it might be hard to prove you work for them. VZW requires proof of employement for the ECPD/ELEU discounts. If you have a firefighter photo id you might be able to sneak it by. But generally its a paystub with (employer id on it), employee id (one with a photo id on it). It's worth checking out at your local store or calling vzw/ goto the website Verizonwireless.com/getdiscounts.
    02-27-09 02:22 PM
    Spamming? Who is Spamming?

Apologies - "enrage" might be too harsh, too - but in the message board world, two practices add fuel to fires brewing within the hearts of those with either little else to do or who have an interest in keeping the board raesonably tidy (a futile task, especially when overzealous moderators try to restrict normal conversation movement, usually because they think it is getting heated).

1. Spamming: The practice of one person posting the same question multiple times, usually in multiple threads or forums. This could be an offshoot of hijacking (below) or it could be more blatant - like posting the same Curve question on the VZW, AT&T & T-Mobile forums.

You admitted to this in your initial sentence.

2. Hijacking: The practice of asking an off-topic question not directly related to the initial question.

An example of hijacking would be along te lines of the original thread asking people about the paint durability on their Chevy pickups. Someone says they've had no problem with red paint. The hijacker comes along and asks "I am thinking about getting a red laptop. What do you think about HP & Dell?"

Sometimes the hijacker doesn't even use the common component. "Hey, I am going to Australia in January! Should I pack my parka?" Needless to say, January is summertime in Sydney.

Either practice can bring snide comments, at a minimum.

02-27-09 02:46 PM
    never been on another board where asking the same question twice made people that mad..........

and every other forum uses the term "spamming" in reference to someone advertising in a post.......

but... if you all feel this is spam and it makes you mad.... I am sorry.....
    02-27-09 03:06 PM
    No problem here, my friend. Its just that I attract my share of malcontents & didn't want them to swing at you too.

02-27-09 03:09 PM
    You should be able to get the discount added.. Do you have any kind of ID or anything? There are 3 elements that will get it for you. You would need either a paystud, or ID Badge as was referenced above. Or you could have an email address with their domain. If you have the email go to verizonwireless.com/getdiscounts. It will tell you there if you are eligible. And if you are then you would just check the email it sends you and it will walk you through adding it. They say it can take a full bill cycle, but in my expierence it usually goes through real time.

I hope that helps..
    02-27-09 07:36 PM
    I'm originally from Erie, where are you from?

Private message me and let me know what fire department you serve with and I'll check today at work for you.
    02-28-09 06:18 AM
    If you call them they will prob just ask for your I'd and your human resource person.
    That's all they asked me for on every carrier I have ever been on.

02-28-09 09:42 AM
    The best way to check for Discounts with VZW is the following. While this may not be 100% way, as some agreements require additional info.

Go to www.vzw.com/discount Enter your comapny email addy and if you qualify, it will send email there. in this email you will register and the discount will be auto applied to your account
    02-28-09 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD