I know this is probably on another thread, and I apologize for asking this if it is already asked. However, I was wondering what kind of discount Verizon offers for employees that work at a school? As I don't have an e-mail address from school to put into the e-mail section on the Verizon site.
    02-23-09 06:30 PM
    You can go to the verizon website and print out a
    Form that you can fax in if you don't have an email
    Address. The discount is usually around 18% I think.
    Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 07:22 PM
    Don't bother with that form. Go to your local Verizon (a real store, not one of those authorized dealers). Take in your work ID or a check stub (needs to have your name and employer on it). They can put the discount on your account there and it takes all of 2 minutes! The teachers that I know get 19%, which may vary by state.
    02-23-09 07:30 PM
    I know this is probably on another thread, and I apologize for asking this if it is already asked. However, I was wondering what kind of discount Verizon offers for employees that work at a school? As I don't have an e-mail address from school to put into the e-mail section on the Verizon site.
    Like someone said above, come to one of our stores, and we'll look up your employers and apply it immediately. Bring some kind of proof of employment (pay stub, ID badge or card, etc).

Your schools discount is determined by how many lines of service they have with us. I have found lately that a lot of schools have great discounts.
    02-23-09 08:58 PM
    I just found out today that teachers got discounts. Our phones were in my name (my dh is the teacher) so we had the two lines switched into his name and they looked at the paystub and fixed the discount immediately - 19%!!! It's going to save us about $30 a month so it is definitely worth it!

He said it wouldn't take affect this billing cycle but would be on the next one (since I'm currently in the middle of a cycle).

Great news for me today. I can't believe I've been missing out on this for so long!!!!
    02-24-09 09:27 PM
    Seriously? I wish I'd known this like...5 years ago. Is it for any public school? If yes, I'm going in tomorrow to get the discount. Do all the reps know this or will they look at me like I'm crazy?
    02-24-09 09:31 PM
    Yes, we went today and got the 19% off, even though the woman did not know what she was doing. Just make sure there is a manager there. They scan the pay stub into their system. She said it may be two billing cycles until the discount appears, but who knows.

Now more importantly...any new release dates for blackberries?
    02-24-09 09:40 PM
    Seriously? I wish I'd known this like...5 years ago. Is it for any public school?
    Not necessarily. We have to look up your employer and there has to be a profile for your employer to add a discount.

Here in PA, most teachers can either take advantage of the state teacher unions discount or their specific schools discount. But that doesn't mean that every single school district has a discount with us.
    02-24-09 10:55 PM

Now more importantly...any new release dates for blackberries?
    No just rumors right now.
    02-24-09 10:55 PM
    Not necessarily. We have to look up your employer and there has to be a profile for your employer to add a discount.

Here in PA, most teachers can either take advantage of the state teacher unions discount or their specific schools discount. But that doesn't mean that every single school district has a discount with us.
    I work at a charter school, so I doubt they have their own discount. How does a school acquire a discount? I'm sure our business manager would set it up if possible- our principal and several others are blackberry fiends.
    02-24-09 11:23 PM
    I work at a charter school, so I doubt they have their own discount. How does a school acquire a discount? I'm sure our business manager would set it up if possible- our principal and several others are blackberry fiends.
    Charter School in Pa?
    02-25-09 12:11 PM
    VZW has a website where you can check to see if your company has a discount with them....

Enter your location
    02-25-09 01:15 PM
    They have to have at least 5 lines of service with us or more. The more lines of service they open with us, the more of a discount we will offer.
    02-25-09 03:35 PM
    They have to have at least 5 lines of service with us or more. The more lines of service they open with us, the more of a discount we will offer.
    We easily have 5 staff members on verizon wireless, probably 15+...I can't believe the Albuquerque Public Schools don't have a discount, it's one of the largest school districts in the country. Charters are funded through the district, so we'd all get the discount.

Sigh.
    02-26-09 02:34 PM
    We easily have 5 staff members on verizon wireless, probably 15+...I can't believe the Albuquerque Public Schools don't have a discount, it's one of the largest school districts in the country. Charters are funded through the district, so we'd all get the discount.

Sigh.
    No no no, the school district has to have an account with five lines of service or more.
    02-26-09 02:37 PM
    No no no, the school district has to have an account with five lines of service or more.
    And, if normal business practice holds, you'd need to be employed & paid BY the district.

I would think most charter schools would have to qualify on their own.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 03:13 PM
    I have heard that VZW offers a discount for volunteer firefighters. is this true?
    02-26-09 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD