05-11-09 06:33 AM
42 12
tools
    okay now this is getting comical, Brandon.R i stated in my post that it was not that i didn't like the phone, its was the fact out of 4 they couldn't get me one that worked right......... to me that gives me a little more credibility. i'm not saying its gonna make the difference but it changes the circumstances
    05-08-09 09:48 PM
    If they sold you a defective phone, they replace it. If you have to replace the phone two or more times, it is definitely user error, no matter what you think otherwise.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That's not always true. I baby my phones, keep them in belt cases which cover almost all of the phone, use screen protectors, etc.

I am now on my 4Th LG Voyager. First one lasted about 6 months and had an air pocket develop under the touch screen that not only hindered functionality but it started to do things by itself. Replaced it with a refurbished one that seemed like new and worked great for another 6 months when the problem surfaced again and I replaced it with another, which I started to have overheating problems with and had to get it replaced as well. Yet another seemingly good replacement but hopefully this one will last until I find a similar phone to replace it with for my talking/texting phone. (BB's are too wide for me to hold up to my ear for a long period of talking).

None of these were my fault, as I said I take very good care of my phones.
    05-08-09 09:50 PM
    okay now this is getting comical, Brandon.R i stated in my post that it was not that i didn't like the phone, its was the fact out of 4 they couldn't get me one that worked right......... to me that gives me a little more credibility. i'm not saying its gonna make the difference but it changes the circumstances
    If the phone was physically defective they would have replaced it. "worked right" is very subjective. What exactly was wrong with the phone other than it was not as smooth running as you would have liked? Were you able to make and recieve calls? Did the preinstalled apps (and those updated to Storm supported versions) work?
    05-08-09 09:53 PM
    two of them crashed all the time, just reset randomly, and on the other two the screen was really hard to to press down in one portion of the screens, and it wasn't just a little stiff it was almost impossible to get it to click so i couldn't type at all on it, so i had had it and switched to a curve
    05-08-09 10:20 PM
    The Storm's clicking problem is easily solved by putting a folded piece of paper (i.e. Post it note) under the battery. Mine wouldn't click well in the corners. After I read a fourm topic about the poor click I followed the directions. It worked like a charm. I just couldn't get used to the all touch screen and slow, laggy OS. try doing the folded piece of paper.

05-08-09 10:24 PM
    The Storm's clicking problem is easily solved by putting a folded piece of paper (i.e. Post it note) under the battery. Mine wouldn't click well in the corners. After I read a fourm topic about the poor click I followed the directions. It worked like a charm. I just couldn't get used to the all touch screen and slow, laggy OS. try doing the folded piece of paper.

Note it isn't recommended to put a piece of flammable material between a device and its battery that has the potential to get really hot... Just FYI warning
    05-09-09 02:46 PM
    Trade-up link:

BlackBerry Connection - Personal Edition

05-09-09 03:17 PM
    If you buy a car from a dealership and you don't like it do they give you a discount on a new car in a year when the new one comes out?
    05-09-09 03:23 PM
    My family works with GM and I've never heard of that happening. If you buy a car, that's your car, just because a newer one comes out doesn't mean that you can get a discount.

You can trade in your car (kind of like RIM trade UP program) or sell your car privately like you were saying but that's it.
    05-09-09 04:27 PM
    Trade-up link:

BlackBerry Connection - Personal Edition

They quoted me 61.50 for my 8330 on Sprint in pristine condition with all the original packaging, manual, and accessories. That's not terrible, if you combined that with an upgrade it could save you some bucks at least. I'd rather keep my phone as a backup in case I had problems with any replacement I get in the future. It's still a cool program though.
    05-09-09 04:39 PM
    My family works with GM and I've never heard of that happening. If you buy a car, that's your car, just because a newer one comes out doesn't mean that you can get a discount.
    Wait a second here - I bought a brand-new Vega in 1972 - 16V Cosworth & all. The dealers are still paying for that one!

Sensitive souls are wise to not go with me to a car dealership - it isn't pretty.
    05-10-09 03:37 AM
    i was told by one vzw rep that if the phone had to be replaced at least three times they give a discount towards a new phone of your choice, don't know if thats true tho
    VZW does have a "lemon" policy persay...
    Its if you have similar issues with 3 phones in a 90 day period,( this means your original and 2 Certified Like New Replacements ) you are eligible for a NEW phone same make/model or COMPARABLE make/model.
    emphisis of COMPARABLE..
    I know they(vzw) were making a big stink about people wanting a storm for a pearl and others taking advantage of the 90 day policy to get a Storm...

Its all good... I mean if I were having multiple issues or similar with the same phone I'd probobly wish to have something diff too... but OH I loooove my Curve.
    05-10-09 07:10 AM
    it can be done i did it twice. First had a treo 700p had problems traded it i told them i wanted the treo 755p as soon as it comes out for free well i had to pay taxes which was $45 then i brought the curve a week early then it was supposed to come out for $100 because the treo was messed up again it could be done. User error is always the case my 1 of my storms didn't have internet and i did everything and couldnt get it and if i had a phone i don't want to have to stick paper in the back to make it work that just plain stupid, I would have returned it on the spot.
    05-11-09 01:25 AM
    i was told by one vzw rep that if the phone had to be replaced at least three times they give a discount towards a new phone of your choice, don't know if thats true tho
    That isn't true. In some cases where someone has multiple multiple issues with a device, you might be placed in another device. The reps will make sure that the customer isn't trying to "work the system"
    05-11-09 01:34 AM
    VZW does have a "lemon" policy persay...
    Its if you have similar issues with 3 phones in a 90 day period,( this means your original and 2 Certified Like New Replacements ) you are eligible for a NEW phone same make/model or COMPARABLE make/model.
    emphisis of COMPARABLE..
    I know they(vzw) were making a big stink about people wanting a storm for a pearl and others taking advantage of the 90 day policy to get a Storm...

Its all good... I mean if I were having multiple issues or similar with the same phone I'd probobly wish to have something diff too... but OH I loooove my Curve.
    The problem with this picture is a vzw employee telling vzw policy I really wish you wouldn't do that
    05-11-09 01:37 AM
    i understand your point about them not making me buy a phone, but the facts are i sold my voyager when i got the storm and every storm i had (4) had some kind of issue that was not my fault at all, so when i switched i had no choice but to get a different phone. i'm gonna throw that at a store manager and see if i can get somethin worked out, and no i 'm not gonna be a **** about it that's not my style
    You would be better off to throw the phone at the store manager
    05-11-09 02:09 AM
    If they sold you a defective phone, they replace it. If you have to replace the phone two or more times, it is definitely user error, no matter what you think otherwise.
    THANK YOU!

Thats pretty funny. I didnt realize trolls had a sense of humor. I know that they think they know everything there is to know about a cell phone company they dont have, but i'm really shocked at the sense of humor.

If you keep it up, you may be able to get your own sketch comedy show!!
    Oooooh BURN! Nicely put!

The problem with this picture is a vzw employee telling vzw policy I really wish you wouldn't do that
    its not a SECRET policy... not like I'm giving out deep dark vzw secrets.. which I dont have privy to anyway.. Im just a tech.
    read the posts above. Others have mentioned the same policy.
    ie...

I doubt it to be honest. The only way I could see this happening would be a "lemon" policy. If you have 3 or more issues that requires a new or refurb device to be given to you within a month, they will (up to the manager of the store) can give you a phone of equal value and features. If it's a new phone coming out, Verizon usually does not allow you to "upgrade" into the new phones.

But you can always hope for the best! I had a Storm for a week and just couldn't deal with the random freezes and slow OS. So I just picked up a used Curve and now have my upgrade back...so I'll play the waiting game.
    Stick to Sprint topics, my man.
    Defective phones are replaced under warranty. If you have 3 swaps in a 90 day period, you can go into the multi-fru program in which you get a brand new phone, different model, for free. The only catch is, your upgrade date is pushed back 20 months. Contract end date stays the same.
    Last edited by heather.law; 05-11-09 at 07:30 AM.
    05-11-09 06:33 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD