05-11-09 07:33 AM
42 12
tools
    Ive search around and didnt find anything on this subject. Does anyone know if VZW plans on helping out the storm owners that are not satisfied with their phone with a discount on the new one coming out? To me, that sounds fair.
    05-08-09 01:46 PM
    I doubt it to be honest. The only way I could see this happening would be a "lemon" policy. If you have 3 or more issues that requires a new or refurb device to be given to you within a month, they will (up to the manager of the store) can give you a phone of equal value and features. If it's a new phone coming out, Verizon usually does not allow you to "upgrade" into the new phones.

But you can always hope for the best! I had a Storm for a week and just couldn't deal with the random freezes and slow OS. So I just picked up a used Curve and now have my upgrade back...so I'll play the waiting game.
    05-08-09 01:49 PM
    I doubt it to be honest. The only way I could see this happening would be a "lemon" policy. If you have 3 or more issues that requires a new or refurb device to be given to you within a month, they will (up to the manager of the store) can give you a phone of equal value and features. If it's a new phone coming out, Verizon usually does not allow you to "upgrade" into the new phones.

But you can always hope for the best! I had a Storm for a week and just couldn't deal with the random freezes and slow OS. So I just picked up a used Curve and now have my upgrade back...so I'll play the waiting game.
    Good info, thanks!
    05-08-09 01:54 PM
    BlackBerry has a trade up program... you do it via owners lounge. How it works: you buy a new device and send the proof of purchase and old device to RIM. Then they cut you a check
    NICE....
    05-08-09 02:16 PM
    Ive search around and didnt find anything on this subject. Does anyone know if VZW plans on helping out the storm owners that are not satisfied with their phone with a discount on the new one coming out? To me, that sounds fair.
    This is what the return period is for. If you don't like the phone it can be returned within 30 days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 02:47 PM
    Are we talking about a discount for stromboli customers here?
    05-08-09 02:50 PM
    i was told by one vzw rep that if the phone had to be replaced at least three times they give a discount towards a new phone of your choice, don't know if thats true tho
    05-08-09 02:58 PM
    i was told by one vzw rep that if the phone had to be replaced at least three times they give a discount towards a new phone of your choice, don't know if thats true tho
    Seriously though think about that statement... especially for some people who paid full price for a storm or even people that paid the 2 year renewal fee after they renewed their contract... will they be eligable for an upgrade? Some of them wont be so it will be a discount off the retail price of a new phone... especially someone who paid full retail price and isn't eligable for another upgrade.. you could have spent 500 dollars on the storm.. even at 50% discount towards the retail price of another new phone you are talking 250-300 for the new blackberry.. so total price around 750-800 ish.. i understand these numbers are on teh high side but you paid 250-300 more then you should have because verizon sold you a defective phone... discounts aren't always as good as they seem....
    05-08-09 03:02 PM
    I have now had 2 Storms and the reason they replaced the first one is because it NEVER worked, ever. When I was in the Vzw store they didn't give me the option to have another phone and told me that the Storm they were giving me did not have the software glitches that the ones had that came out before Jan '09. Needless to say, this Storm works as well as the first one and Vzw hasn't and won't do anything to rectify this. All they keep telling me is that the new software upgrades are coming out any day and I've been hearing that since Dec. I do not recommend anyone buying one bc they are expensive and my last cell phone, that isn't even activated,works better than the one I have now.
    05-08-09 03:14 PM
    If they sold you a defective phone, they replace it. If you have to replace the phone two or more times, it is definitely user error, no matter what you think otherwise.

05-08-09 03:18 PM
    i was going to start a new thread but this is identical to my question, i had the storm from Nov, to around Feb and had 3 or 4 replacements, i then traded it in for the curve, do you think VZW will give me the discounted pricing on the Tour because i was pretty much forced into getting a phone i didn't want ????
    05-08-09 03:37 PM
    i was going to start a new thread but this is identical to my question, i had the storm from Nov, to around Feb and had 3 or 4 replacements, i then traded it in for the curve, do you think VZW will give me the discounted pricing on the Tour because i was pretty much forced into getting a phone i didn't want ????
    Unfortunately no. Verizon didn't make you switch to a phone you don't want. They gave you an option. If you didn't like the Storm you have 30 days to return it free and clear. I picked up a Storm, had it for a week and returned it. I picked up a used Curve and am waiting until they come out with something I want.

@Everyone: The ONLY way you'll get a discount on the Tour is going to be either eligible for your NE2 or your annual upgrade. Verizon won't give you a "discount" on a new phone at launch because you don't like your current one. That's what the 30 days are for. If you take back your phone and then wait 3 days, you can have another 30 days. If you use your exchange and get a phone within those 3 days, you used your 30 day trial and you are now stuck with that phone until your next eligible upgrade. It's important to read the small print.
    05-08-09 03:53 PM
    If they sold you a defective phone, they replace it. If you have to replace the phone two or more times, it is definitely user error, no matter what you think otherwise.

User error is the reason for most of the returns anyways.
    05-08-09 06:26 PM
    Seriously though think about that statement... especially for some people who paid full price for a storm or even people that paid the 2 year renewal fee after they renewed their contract... will they be eligable for an upgrade? Some of them wont be so it will be a discount off the retail price of a new phone... especially someone who paid full retail price and isn't eligable for another upgrade.. you could have spent 500 dollars on the storm.. even at 50% discount towards the retail price of another new phone you are talking 250-300 for the new blackberry.. so total price around 750-800 ish.. i understand these numbers are on teh high side but you paid 250-300 more then you should have because verizon sold you a defective phone... discounts aren't always as good as they seem....

Stick to Sprint topics, my man.
    Defective phones are replaced under warranty. If you have 3 swaps in a 90 day period, you can go into the multi-fru program in which you get a brand new phone, different model, for free. The only catch is, your upgrade date is pushed back 20 months. Contract end date stays the same.
    05-08-09 06:34 PM
    Stick to Sprint topics, my man.
    Defective phones are replaced under warranty. If you have 3 swaps in a 90 day period, you can go into the multi-fru program in which you get a brand new phone, different model, for free. The only catch is, your upgrade date is pushed back 20 months. Contract end date stays the same.
    2 dumb posts within 5 minutes.. glad to see you got off the short bus alright today..

You act just like curve0644. Seem to have the same IQ also.. wonder if it is the same person..
    05-08-09 06:35 PM
    Unfortunately no. Verizon didn't make you switch to a phone you don't want. They gave you an option. If you didn't like the Storm you have 30 days to return it free and clear. I picked up a Storm, had it for a week and returned it. I picked up a used Curve and am waiting until they come out with something I want.

@Everyone: The ONLY way you'll get a discount on the Tour is going to be either eligible for your NE2 or your annual upgrade. Verizon won't give you a "discount" on a new phone at launch because you don't like your current one. That's what the 30 days are for. If you take back your phone and then wait 3 days, you can have another 30 days. If you use your exchange and get a phone within those 3 days, you used your 30 day trial and you are now stuck with that phone until your next eligible upgrade. It's important to read the small print.
    +1
    This isnt Burger King. You cant have it your own way.
    05-08-09 06:36 PM
    2 dumb posts within 5 minutes.. glad to see you got off the short bus alright today..
    Thats pretty funny. I didnt realize trolls had a sense of humor. I know that they think they know everything there is to know about a cell phone company they dont have, but i'm really shocked at the sense of humor.

If you keep it up, you may be able to get your own sketch comedy show!!
    05-08-09 06:38 PM
    Thats pretty funny. I didnt realize trolls had a sense of humor. I know that they think they know everything there is to know about a cell phone company they dont have, but i'm really shocked at the sense of humor.

If you keep it up, you may be able to get your own sketch comedy show!!
    To bad your padded cell doesn't have a tv.. sounds like you need a good laugh...
    Oh BTW your aluminum foil hat fell off...
    05-08-09 06:43 PM
    To bad your padded cell doesn't have a tv.. sounds like you need a good laugh...
    Oh BTW your aluminum foil hat fell off...

oh man...how do I comeback from that

Oh, I know...i'll continue living my life.
    05-08-09 06:47 PM
    BlackBerry has a trade up program... you do it via owners lounge. How it works: you buy a new device and send the proof of purchase and old device to RIM. Then they cut you a check
    That's actually not true, Blackberry stopped doing this at the end March this year. If anyone knows if they plan on re-instating this or another method other than that trade in site please pm me. Thanks!
    05-08-09 06:59 PM
    i understand your point about them not making me buy a phone, but the facts are i sold my voyager when i got the storm and every storm i had (4) had some kind of issue that was not my fault at all, so when i switched i had no choice but to get a different phone. i'm gonna throw that at a store manager and see if i can get somethin worked out, and no i 'm not gonna be a **** about it that's not my style
    05-08-09 09:02 PM
    Good call. Sups are always more willing to help if the customer is understanding and just not an *** in general.

05-08-09 09:41 PM
    Nope. You had 30 days to return the phone, and you didn't.

Verizon shouldn't have to compensate b/c you didn't like the phone.

I bought a phone a while back, didn't like it, so can I have this brand new phone w/ a discount?

05-08-09 09:46 PM
    I hear this stuff everyday.

HAhahahahaHAHAhaha
    05-08-09 10:20 PM
    If your calling plan and features are more than $79/month (and they pretty much have to be to have a BB) then you are elegible for an "annual update" 12 months into your contract where you basically renew your contract early and get a phone at a one year contract price. Some reps will also give you the two year price. Telesales can sometimes authorize an annual update a month or so early if you are nice and ask them to.

If you are looking for something more than that then I'm afraid you are out of luck.
    05-08-09 10:36 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD