Hello all, I'm looking to get a blackberry soon but had a question.

On vzw.com and in store, the tour is 149.99 while on crackberry store and other websites its as low as 29.99. why is that? is it possible for me to use my ne2 discount??

also I've been with verizon for 6 years now, the only discount i've gotten was the NE2 discount but I've read about some loyalty discount. How do I get a loyalty discount??

thanks!
    10-22-09 04:08 PM
    Some places incule carrier discounts in their original price. Such as Best Buy automatically deducting the mail in rebate on new cell phones, whereas going to a VZW store and buying the same phone you have to pay the full price and remembering to send in for the discount.
    10-22-09 05:25 PM
    Most third party resellers cannot process an NE2, and many don't honor the WFG. Online vendors, like CrackBerry, BestBuy (not BB instore), etc., don't sell you the phones - they have an alliance agreement with companies like WireFly, LetsTalk or Simplexity, companies that add an extra contract. With any of these, if you're late on a payment or change ANYTHING on your plan, they will charge you upwards of $300.

Don't pay that $300 & they will shut off your service & lock up your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 05:52 PM
    That is called being PWND
    10-22-09 05:55 PM
    what is WFG?

also what about loyalty discount? is there such a thing?
    10-22-09 08:47 PM
    WFG= Worry Free Guarantee
    10-22-09 09:18 PM
    Worry Free Guarantee.

The NE2 credit is a loyalty discount. New customers don't get it & neither do month-to-month customers. Only loyal customers willing to sign on for another two years (after a qualifying two under their belt) get it.

10-22-09 09:19 PM
    Basically a discount for being loyal to VZW and agreeing to use there services for another two years.
    10-22-09 09:21 PM
    Basically a discount for being loyal to VZW and agreeing to use there services for another two years.
    Yup - I had a VZW service contract & want another, so VZW gives me an extra $100.

If that isn't a loyalty credit, I don't know what is.

Now I've had non-stop VZW service since it was Airtouch & BellAtlantic/Metro Mobile. Never once have I received a NE2 discount. AT&T has been in my pocket for nearly as long, as has Sprint. They don't give me any loyalty discounts either. In fact, if I were to sign a Sprint contract, I believe they would charge me. But I do get a ton of free phones, and service prices that would make an employee on concession cry, so I guess it isn't that bad.

10-22-09 09:39 PM
    VZW gives you 100?? I only got 50... and i have a family plan with 3 lines =[ I got 100 last time i upgraded..
    10-23-09 12:55 PM
    VZW gives you 100?? I only got 50... and i have a family plan with 3 lines =[ I got 100 last time i upgraded..
    THEre has been a change to NE2 sometmie ago. This might be reason for the difference
    10-23-09 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD