I purchased my curve off of ebay. I have had great luck with ebay phones. I gave the esn to the person in charge of switching phones at my dept. Come to find out the esn on the sticker and the unopened box did not match the esn in the phones os. VZW never advised that the number on the sticker was black listed. Once they where given the other number I was hooked up and running. Any one else come across this, and what was the deal?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-08 07:34 AM
    not sure i fully understand the issue here but from what i gather

was the esn on the sticker didnt match the phone you got ?

but the dec - esn ( options > status ) in the phone worked ?

or did some one just put another sticker in teh back of the phone that was on teh lost or stolen list ?
    08-27-08 06:18 AM
    It sounds like the phone ESN just didn't match the ESN from the box.

If this is the case, it happens every now and then.

I have also seen the ESN of the phone hardware not match the ESN on the sticker in the phone. This only happened with phones from Asurion though so it didn't seem to be any sort of fraud issue.

08-27-08 01:11 PM
    As vato stated, this does happen. Not often, but nonetheless...

As long as the phone is fully functional, you should have no issues. The other option is that the seller may have just put this phone in a different box to be sold. Who knows...
    08-27-08 01:13 PM
    well sometimes you have to return you phone to wireless data and they ship you out a different phone thats probably the case, I've had like 4 curves.
    08-29-08 03:51 PM
    Everything has been working great. No issues other than the occasional lockup. Not sure what is causing that. It was more out of curiosity than anything else. Thanks for the replies. Berry On!!

08-31-08 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD