Looking to get a blackberry(storm preferable) but am looking into the cost of the data plans.. It gives me two options but doesn't give me much info other than a short thing on it...

BlackBerry Email
    You must select an option below
    Blackberry Solution Unlimited Data Usage $44.99/month
    Email and Web for BlackBerry $29.99/month

So which one is better? Pro's Cons? So lost here...
    12-26-08 10:47 AM
    first off I am with sprint, but at sprint you can run into the same issues

My recomedation first off even thou at this time cheaper might seem to be the way to go look at the fine print, if the plan does not say "unlimited" how many KB's are included.....etc etc.

My recomedation is go for the unlimited data, cause even thou you might not think your going to use alot of Data with the BB at first..........in the long run you are going to find that your useing it more for data then for voice.

again I am a sprint customer, but it really does not matter what carrier you go with, with any BB smartphone your best bet is unlimited data
    12-26-08 10:58 AM
    Looking to get a blackberry(storm preferable) but am looking into the cost of the data plans.. It gives me two options but doesn't give me much info other than a short thing on it...

BlackBerry Email
    You must select an option below
    Blackberry Solution Unlimited Data Usage $44.99/month
    Email and Web for BlackBerry $29.99/month

So which one is better? Pro's Cons? So lost here...
    The difference is whether or not you are getting a personal BB or one through your company. The 44.99 plan is for business phones. You would want the 2$29.99 plan and yes it is unlimited--it is the one I have.
    12-26-08 11:01 AM
    The thing is neither say if it's per kb usage or if it's unlimited... I plan on unlimited data but rather go as cheap as possible but it would help if they would give more info... Though I may of looked over it..

Oh so the $29.99 is unlimited email/web? So I could add that on my plan and I could get unlimited everything?
    12-26-08 11:02 AM
    29 bucks? how many mins is that.........with sprint i have 64bucks
    12-26-08 11:03 AM
    This is an add on plan. It doesn't include your voice minutes, texts, etc. Only the bb data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 11:06 AM
    The 29.99 plan is unlimited BlackBerry data on your carrier's BIS. IT does not include messaging, voice or data tethering.

The 44.99 plan is exactly the same, but allows your BlackBerry to connect to your company's BlackBerry Enterprise Server (if they have one.)

If you're not using a corporate BES, you don't need the 44.99 plan.
    Last edited by isaacleese; 12-26-08 at 01:47 PM.
    12-26-08 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD