What's the difference between the VZ navigator, google maps, and the map system that comes built in to the BB pearl 8130?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-08 11:49 PM
    VZ Navigator costs $9.99 per month and will use the built in gps on your phone.

Google and BBMaps are free but you won't be able to use the built in GPS.
    02-22-08 01:05 AM
    I have gmaps and it says my location Within 1700 feet every time I load the program. Does that mean my phone has GPS? I didn't have to pay for anything. Or what exactly do you mean by GPS?

02-22-08 01:40 AM
    That is not GPS. That is cell tower triangulation. It's nowhere near as accurate as GPS.

Your device has GPS built in but Verizon blocks it for use with anything but their VZNav program.

You can purchase a bluetooth GPS receiver that will work with Google Maps, BBMaps, etc.
    02-22-08 01:48 AM
    I have gmaps and it says my location Within 1700 feet every time I load the program. Does that mean my phone has GPS? I didn't have to pay for anything. Or what exactly do you mean by GPS?

02-22-08 01:49 AM
    That is not GPS. That is cell tower triangulation. It's nowhere near as accurate as GPS.

Your device has GPS built in but Verizon blocks it for use with anything but their VZNav program.

You can purchase a bluetooth GPS receiver that will work with Google Maps, BBMaps, etc.
    02-22-08 01:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD