I got my first blackberry ever earlier this Month, the curve. I ordered it with my corporate discount. When I got the phone 2 things made me wonder if it was really "new."

First of all, when I went to put the battery in for the first time, there are some scratches on the metal circuit board covers...or whatever they are behind the battery.

Also, when I turned it on...the first message was the "Welcome to Verizon" one. But it was dated December 17, and I activated my phone on Feb 9. Why was it sent so long ago?

Are these things normal, or how can I tell my by Curve was really new?
    02-22-09 02:37 PM
    That's how they all are I believe the message appears when the phone was made

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 02:40 PM
    But Verizon does not sell refurb phones as new

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 02:42 PM
    I think the only time you get a refurb phone is when you get a replacement
    02-22-09 02:47 PM
    They do give refurbs on insurance claims, but not as a new device. Or they should not be selling them as new devices I will put it that way.
    02-22-09 02:51 PM
    Yeah, it is definately new.. Those "Scratches" on the battery are definately common.

Sometimes what can happen is if a new software version came out after the phone was made but before you bought it the distribution center will flash all the devices with the new software. this is why the scratches are common, that could have just happened while adding or removing the battery.
    02-26-09 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD