My wife has been experiencing problems with her Tour's battery so I had Verizon send me a replacement. We receive the "new" battery but I noticed something sorta odd, the white sticker on the bottom of the battery has a red stripe through it. The original battery that came with the Tour does not have the red stripe through the white sticker, nor does the battery that came with my Tour. I know there is a feature on these stickers that helps indicate whether the battery has been exposed to excessive moisture and am wondering if the red stripe is it??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 06:58 PM
    Red strip is okay. If the device or battery see moisture the red line will blur and run.
    09-11-09 07:02 PM
    Red strip is okay. If the device or battery see moisture the red line will blur and run.
    Ok cool, thank you. We are heading out of the country tomorrow for a month, so I am just a little paranoid at the moment.

09-11-09 07:05 PM
    Make sure you add those global bb plans prior to leaving.

09-11-09 07:29 PM
    Make sure you add those global bb plans prior to leaving.

Right on. I'm actually going to switch out the SIM. The trip is going to be between Utah, Texas and South America. Going to do some hiking and hopefully chew on some cocoa leaves.

09-11-09 07:36 PM
    Right on. I'm actually going to switch out the SIM. The trip is going to be between Utah, Texas and South America. Going to do some hiking and hopefully chew on some cocoa leaves.

You definitely want the global plan for texas. I had an interesting conversation with a bar tender in DFW around 1993 how texas needed to break off from the US and be its own country.

Be sure and update your PRL as well. Apparently, its important! Sigh.
    09-11-09 09:34 PM
    Thank god you responded first lol. Otherwise it would have been a thread like "RED MEANS LIQUID DAMAGE, SUE VZW"

But anyways. Blackberry batteries all have the red stripe and as Lastraid stated it will run and turn a solid red if damaged by liquid.
    09-12-09 10:42 AM
    Blackberry batteries all have the red stripe and as Lastraid stated it will run and turn a solid red if damaged by liquid.
    Not all Blackberry batteries have the red stripe. The original batteries that came with our Tours did not, only the replacement battery did.

09-13-09 05:49 PM
    Let's just say I have never seen or heard in my months of being here of anyone who didn't have a red stripe.

09-13-09 10:23 PM
    Not all Blackberry batteries have the red stripe. The original batteries that came with our Tours did not, only the replacement battery did.

Its either the red stripe or pinkish red x's
    09-14-09 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD