DataViz just released Documents to Go for Blackberry today. Finally, MS Office files in their native format! Of course, you need device software version 4.5 to use it. Does anyone have any idea when VZW will make this upgrade available?
    06-23-08 05:30 PM
    seriously i would really like to know when 4.5 comes out for verizon... if anyone has any updates PLEASE fill us in
    06-23-08 08:41 PM
    4.5 isn't out for anyone yet (that i've seen/heard), and i would imagine that Verizon will NOT be the first carrier to get it out, lol.

The good thing is that you don't have to use the OS just from your carrier. As long as the OS is for your model, any carrier's release will work. For example, i have used an Alltell OS on my 8130 in the past.
    06-23-08 10:21 PM
    4.5 isn't out for anyone yet (that i've seen/heard), and i would imagine that Verizon will NOT be the first carrier to get it out, lol.
    I guess you missed the posts about the VZW8830 with 4.5 loaded on it then...
    06-23-08 11:36 PM
    Yeah. I saw that post hopefully it won't be too much longer of a wait before we see a cdma version. Who knows it could possibly be released the same time across the board. Doubt it but I'm a be positive/patient.
    06-24-08 12:46 AM
    I guess you missed the posts about the VZW8830 with 4.5 loaded on it then...
    ... lol.... apparently so.
    06-24-08 03:11 PM
    8×30 + 4.5 = LOVE 4 CDMA! | BlackBerryNews.com

That should be the link.

I really can't wait for 4.5 for my 8830, YouTube and play list support for my personal use, Docs To Go, and voice notes just for my peace of mind, not to mention HTML email after BIS 2.5, I will never have to go near my computer again. I'll probably need a bigger SD card.

Hhhmm patience.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-08 09:00 PM
    When is bis 2.5 due out I can't wait to have html

06-27-08 10:10 PM

Its been all over CB lately but since you missed it, hear you go! http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/jun...s-2-5-a-44349/
    06-27-08 10:24 PM

You need to be running 4.5 to take advantage of that.
    06-27-08 10:29 PM
    OS v2.5 is not directly for you. It's for the Carriers in preperation for OS v4.5 release to you the end users.

06-29-08 06:35 AM
    BIS v2.5 is not directly for you. It's for the Carriers in preperation for OS v4.5 release to you the end users.

I think you meant BIS 2.5 and not OS 2.5
    06-29-08 01:16 PM
    My mistake in purchasing an upgrade to the Dataviz' Docs to Go. Requires 4.5 yet there is a compatibility chart with all Blackberry phones. Verizon is notoriously bad with getting out updates and I fear that it will be fall/winter until Verizon customers will see any official move to a very, very, very long overdue update to 4.5
    07-03-08 01:37 PM
    ^^^ That doesn't matter too much. As long as the 4.5 release comes out for one CDMA carrier, be it Sprint or whomever, you can load and run it on your Verizon phone. You don't have to wait for it to work if you're in a hurry to get the new capabilities.
    07-03-08 01:56 PM
    ^^^ That doesn't matter too much. As long as the 4.5 release comes out for one CDMA carrier, be it Sprint or whomever, you can load and run it on your Verizon phone. You don't have to wait for it to work if you're in a hurry to get the new capabilities.
    Not necessarily. Besides, Sprint lags behind GSM so it will be a while until we likely see 4.5 for CDMA.
    07-03-08 07:57 PM
    Not necessarily.
    Not necessarily what? That you can't run another CDMA provider's software on the same phone model on another carrier? Since when?

Also, a BETA of 4.5 is out currently. There's already been another release after the one that's out and it fixes a lot of the current issues. It's not that far off in terms of "being finalized". While it may take a while for the carriers to certify and release this final version, what's not to say the last revision won't leak out and most people will be running it before release anyway? Heck, maybe even Bell might release a revision first... everyone could always run that.
    07-03-08 08:11 PM
    i just recently sent a nice little message to verizon regarding OS 4.5 and BIS 2.5

let me relay to yall how they responded, i really hope it helps... but let me warn you it did frustrate me a little bit more than i already was!!!

Thank you for contacting our Verizon Wireless website. We are happy to assist you with your Blackberry 4.5 update question.
    Verizon Wireless is committed to providing the very latest in products and services. At this time, we are unable to state when the 4.5 software update will be available. It is still in the testing phase to make sure the software is compatible on our devices. We understand and apologize for any frustration regarding this but we are only able to provide information regarding products of services that we are currently offering. We are unable to provide an estimated time of repair. Thank you for your patience.

they left a site to update to 4.5 when it becomes available... vzw.smithmicro.com/BlackBerry
    i hope i could help some of yall even though it didn't really help lol

but what do yall think??
    07-04-08 08:23 PM
    but what do yall think??
    It is the same response they send out about everything, just changing up the words.
    07-04-08 08:42 PM
    I have a 8130 and I am running v4.3.0.97. Is this the latest for my phone?
    07-05-08 01:06 PM
    Why don't you check and see... BlackBerry® Software Updates
    07-05-08 06:09 PM
    as of right now, whichever version came already loaded onto your blackberry is the latest version (besides beta, of course and you never know what you're getting yourself into with those... they can ruin your BB). thats the same version i have on my BB and i just got it a few weeks ago. it might be a while before verizon comes out with 4.5 or better.
    07-06-08 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD