My Desktop Manager is still the stock 4.3 version that I installed from the cd I got from Verizon. I was about to upgrade my OS to the official 4.5 but I read that I should also upgrade DM to 4.5 or higher. Should I do thin before or after I upgrade the OS and should I keep consistent with my OD version and upgrade to DM v. 4.5?

Sorry if this has been answered in another thread, I searched around and didn't find the answer.
    01-03-09 12:24 AM
    I would do DM first, but at the same time it may not really matter the order just so long that everything is eventually uniform
    01-03-09 12:28 AM
    I thought I should do DM first since I need it to load the new OS, but I wasn't sure if it would cause a problem.
    01-03-09 12:38 AM
    doing DM first is probably recomended but I am not sure if the order really matters and it really may happen all at once anyway

let us know how you make out
    01-03-09 12:43 AM
    I would upgrade DM first although most of the threads I have read said it does not really matter what DM version you use and it fact if you approach official upgrades via the RIM site it offers to do it without even using DM rather using a IE plugin instead. I would use DM but that's me.
    01-03-09 05:48 AM
    I updated DM to 4.5, then proceeded to update the phone's OS to 4.5.77 (verizon official). So far so good, I resent the service books, installed Docs To Go and even added a cool Trek theme I was holding onto (it was 4.5 only).

It also backed up and reinstalled all of my third-party apps, which I was pleasantly surprised to see - for some reason i thought they'd all be deleted but I'm glad they didn't. Thanks for the help!
    01-04-09 02:10 AM
    So when you back up on DM 4.3, everything automatically gets transferred to DM 4.5 when it is downloaded without having to do anything else? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but very nervous about upgrading my phone. Just want to make sure I get it right.
    01-09-09 04:38 PM
    Not a stupid question at all. The stupid questions are the ones my ex asks.

Seriously, the VZW DM update is painless & all data should transfer over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 05:11 PM
    Ok thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 05:20 PM
    Do I need to do anything to my device if I just install 4.7 destop manager for the first time on a computer? I have 4.5 OS that came on my BB from Verizon.
    01-11-09 08:25 PM
    Do I need to do anything to my device if I just install 4.7 destop manager for the first time on a computer? I have 4.5 OS that came on my BB from Verizon.
    Many users here say DM 4.7 is too buggy and recommend going down to DM 4.5 or 4.6 instead.

Just use the Add/remove programs in control panel to remove DM 4.7 before downloading and installing DM 4.5 or 4.6
    01-12-09 06:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD