I've searched for this and couldn't find anything...sorry if it's already been addressed.

I was given an old Verizon BB 8703e phone that my company was getting rid of (they changed carriers). It still has the number showing, so I called it to make sure the phone wasn't still provisioned to Verizon. And it's not...that number is already provisioned to a new phone.

So, I would like to delete the "My Number" from the phone, but wiping the handheld doesn't do the trick, nor does deleting the databases.

Anyone know how to get rid of this number from the phone display? I don't have a Verizon account or I would call them.

TIA!
    08-19-08 03:28 PM
    Why do you want to delete "my number"? If your going to use the phone it has to be activated with VZW and they will change the number when you do. Otherwise if you aren't going to activate it then changing the number is irrelevant.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 03:40 PM
    Why do you want to delete "my number"? If your going to use the phone it has to be activated with VZW and they will change the number when you do. Otherwise if you aren't going to activate it then changing the number is irrelevant.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet...give it away to a family member, sell it, not sure. But I'm sure it will be activated at some point.

My question remains the same: can this number be deleted prior to reactivation?
    08-19-08 04:45 PM
    Well, there is a way to change it to 00000000, but you would need to call VZW to get the code and necessary steps to change it. I'd leave it alone and just have the party that receives it activate it when the time comes.

08-19-08 04:49 PM
    Get someone one to tell you have to access the nam1 programing and change the number to all 0s

Or it could be the "banner" which is also edited in the nam1 on a CDMA phone

08-19-08 04:51 PM
    Dial ##000000 Send. Edit whatever you want and save it. The phone will restart. Check it again after that.
    08-19-08 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD