I am using a BB Curve (8330) through Verizon with BES. In addition to the primary Exchange account I have also set up access to my personal gmail account through Blackberry Internet Service. I am receiving emails from my gmail account to my BB just fine HOWEVER when I delete emails on the BB it does not delete them in my gmail account. Also when I read them on the BB it does not mark them as read in the gmail account. (I have tried everything changing settings at gmail / BB and searched the help groups at gmail.) When I enabled IMAP in gmail I did not receive emails on the BB. Please help!!!
    11-02-08 11:36 AM
    WHen you enables IMAP in GMAIL was it before or after you set it up on the BB. Might be on the BIS for POP, so dlete the mail souce on the BIS and reset it. See if it comes back as IMAP. Also try resending the service books to get it working again. Options>advanced options>host routing table>menu> register now.

Did you look at the reconciliation settings?
    Last edited by lastraid; 11-02-08 at 11:46 AM.
    11-02-08 11:40 AM
    RAS, please do not double post. Your question will be answered soon enough...
    11-02-08 11:43 AM
    It was after I set it up on the BB. So I will delet gmail on BIS then go to my gmail account and make sure IMAP is enabled then go back and set up the gmail on BIS. I asume I will resend the service book at the BIS site? How do I look at the reconciliation settings?
    11-02-08 11:50 AM
    In your messages icon on the device hit Menu>options>reconsiliation.

Yes serivce books can be sent from the BIS
    11-02-08 11:59 AM
    I did everything you mentioned and it is still not working. (I can receive mail, but it will not delete in gmail from BB.) After I deleted the email source on BIS and rest it (did this twice) I noticed on my gmail settings that POP would become enabled. I resent the service books. Once I went in and checked the reconsiliatrion settings I relized I did know what this was and I had checked before I posted here and it was set correctly. Any other advice?? I appreciate your help.
    11-02-08 01:14 PM
    If it is stuck in pop rather than IMAP then call VZW and have them get you over to RIM. They need to force it to IMAP. I have seen this several times, not only with GMAIL either.
    11-02-08 01:22 PM
    So is there a way to keep my GMail webmail inbox from deleating my messages when I delete them on my BlackBerry?
    11-02-08 01:23 PM
    So are you saying that BIS is forcing the gmail settings to POP and RIM needs to force it to IMAP? I will call VZW tomorrow there BB support is only M-F.
    11-02-08 01:28 PM
    Not true, there are tech people 7 days a week at VZW. Rim on the other I am not sure as I do not work on weekends . Yes the BIS is forcing the pop.
    11-02-08 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD