So has anyone figured out how to do this? My list is way too long!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 02:29 PM
    Did you try deleting the contact through the web interface and then resynching the favorites?

02-22-10 04:42 PM
    No, i thought about that but haven't tried it yet. i will when i get to a PC.

i assume i'd have to initiate the sync from the PC so that my unwanted Favorites on my BlackBerry are not sent back to PC list!

02-22-10 04:45 PM
    You have to initiate the sync on the pc and initiate the sync on the phone.

02-22-10 04:52 PM
    You have to initiate the sync on the pc and initiate the sync on the phone.

On the navigator website deleting individual contacts are allowed. I haven't yet synched to phone, will do that tomorrow morning.
    02-22-10 08:12 PM
    This method does not work. i logged into my VZ Navigator via PC, deleted a bunch of Favorites. Then i started sync from the PC. Opened VZ Nav and it asked if i wanted to sync with web. Selected Yes. No Favorites were deleted. i also tried starting the sync from the phone itself. Same results.

i hope VZW and NIM released an update or patch for this bug. Maybe you can report it for us?
    02-23-10 09:27 AM
    This method does not work. i logged into my VZ Navigator via PC, deleted a bunch of Favorites. Then i started sync from the PC. Opened VZ Nav and it asked if i wanted to sync with web. Selected Yes. No Favorites were deleted. i also tried starting the sync from the phone itself. Same results.

i hope VZW and NIM released an update or patch for this bug. Maybe you can report it for us?
    Whaaaaat! I had no idea there was a website for VZ Nav. Would you be so kind and point me in the right direction? Thanks.
    02-23-10 06:43 PM
    It's verizonwireless.com

Just click on the tab for entertainment i think, then VZ Navigator. It will prompt you to sign in to your account. From there yoi can manage your VZ Navigator.

02-23-10 06:52 PM
    It's verizonwireless.com

Just click on the tab for entertainment i think, then VZ Navigator. It will prompt you to sign in to your account. From there yoi can manage your VZ Navigator.

Ahh. Got it. I still cannot win with this program. My home address is one of 3 favorites stored on the web. When I sync it to my Storm, it does not put my home address on the phone. The remaining 2 faves sync without issue.
    02-23-10 08:17 PM
    Ahh. Got it. I still cannot win with this program. My home address is one of 3 favorites stored on the web. When I sync it to my Storm, it does not put my home address on the phone. The remaining 2 faves sync without issue.
    Why don't you delete VZNAV and reinstall...as a suggestion.
    02-23-10 09:43 PM
    Yeah, have you deleted then redownloaded? Try that. However, there is still an issue with syncing and deleting a Favorite. i still like this version a lot more than the previous. But hopefully these bugs will be addressed.

02-24-10 06:23 AM
    Chrisy520,

if you find out how to delete favorites, let me know! I cannot figure it out either and was just coming on here to make a thread asking how to delete favorites from VZ Nav.... glad I'm not the only one that can't figure this out....

wonder if I should just call Verizon really quick to see what they have to say about it...
    02-24-10 06:41 AM
    Hey mj! i will let you know when i know! i don't think it's that we can't figure it out, i think it's just a bug or oversight on VZW/NIM part. Let me know what VZW says if you call. There's a few reps on CrackBerry and i'm sure they are looking into it too.

i think i may have to just Delete All Favorites and then rebuild my list.

02-24-10 06:49 AM
    Why don't you delete VZNAV and reinstall...as a suggestion.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. I still have the same problems. I went back to v4 for now. I will sit back and see what fixes come out.

02-24-10 06:54 AM
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully your issue will get resolved too!

02-24-10 06:56 AM
    Hey mj! i will let you know when i know! i don't think it's that we can't figure it out, i think it's just a bug or oversight on VZW/NIM part. Let me know what VZW says if you call. There's a few reps on CrackBerry and i'm sure they are looking into it too.

i think i may have to just Delete All Favorites and then rebuild my list.

I just got off the phone with Verizon. I got a hold of a lady in the tech department. I asked how would one delete a favorite location that is set in the VZ Nav. she first told me all I had to do was highlight the location, hit menu and select delete. Obviously thats not the case since it doesnt have a delete option. She put me on hold for a little bit, came back and told me to uninstall VZ Nav and re-install it. I told her at this point I have already un-installed it a couple times in the past already and nothing has changed.

she didn't know what else to tell me, so she marked the complaint she says in her records?

sounds like Verizon has no clue how to delete a favorite, at least she didnt anyway.
    02-24-10 06:55 PM
    Thanks for the update. i didn't think customer care would know. Unless they happen to use VZ N personally. It's good to get the issue logged.

02-25-10 04:42 AM
    I don't know, so far 1 person has complained about it.
    02-25-10 08:44 AM
    It's nothing i'd call to complain about. It's not a big deal. i definitely would not downgrade or switch GPS apps over it! i just cleared all my Favorites and put back what i needed (which was basically just Subways from different towns).

A lot of my "Favorites" i now keep in my BlackBerry address book. It's easier to start navigation from there anyway. For example i have 4 Chipotle restaurants listed in my BlackBerry address book. i just list them as Chipotle: Orlando (or whatever town). Then i can open BlackBerry address book, type in Orlan and everything i have listed for Orlando comes up. Highlight Chipotle, menu, navigate.

i use the Recent List in VZ Nav more than the Favorites. i just had a bunch that i transferred to BlackBerry address book that i didn't need anymore.

02-26-10 05:54 AM
    How to downgrade to VZ Navigator V4 from VZ Navigator V5

1. Go to VZNavigator. com, Click on How to Download VZ Navigator. Then Click on Your BlackBerry(All BlackBerry Devices)

2. Go to the bottom of the page and click the ALX

3. Extract the ALX package

4. Hook up your BlackBerry to your computer

5. Run BlackBerry Desktop Manager

6. Add/Remove Programs

7. Browser the ALX package for your model and select the ALX file

8. VZ Navigator will populate Version 4.X.XX

9. Click next to downgrade

10. If doesn't populate, Go back to your phone and Launch VZ Navigator 'Sync with Web'

11. Then Delete VZ Navigator either from you phone or from BlackBerry Desktop Manager

12. After VZ Navigator is removed connect your Blackberry to BlackBerry Desktop Manager

13. Repeat steps 6 through 9

6. Add/Remove Programs

7. Browser the ALX package for your model and select the ALX file

8. VZ Navigator will populate Version 4.X.XX

9. Click next to downgrade

Goodluck! Already did it on my BlackBerry Tour!
    03-04-10 11:54 PM
    VZNAV 5 on the Tour is head and shoulders above 4. Map display is nicer, calc is faster. GPS acquisition is faster. Only issue the app won't start if it can't acquire gps. With 4 the app starts but any function that needs GPS fails.

Not sure what people don't like about it.

03-05-10 06:43 AM
    Agree with above! Although with the new version the app seems to acquire GPS much faster than version 4. i haven't had the 5 version *not start up and acquire GPS sats.

No way would i downgrade. Thanks for posting the instructions, though, for those that do want to.
    03-05-10 06:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD