I tried searching first but, no luck and I'm not exactly well versed into this internet thing.

So with possible apologies out of the way.

I'm either leaving my job or re upping tomorrow. If I leave I'm dropping my phone no problem.

What I'm worried about is staying here, I'd be getting my phone upgraded.
    Since I am more leaning on leaving the company, I went a head of time to a Verizon store and found a replacement to meet my needs (regrettably with new life changes I need a phone.) I also played around with the smart phones offered.

They either seemed the same or I ruled them out instantly due to lack of a real keyboard.

I'm far from a techie and, I know marketing is marketing but I keep getting told how light year gaps have been made sine my current work phone 8530 curve is out.

How it's useless dead and out of date. I don't use it at all. I don't like it. Not the phone it self but the idea of it, if that makes sense.

If there are these leaps out there maybe a phone could have more a place for me? What are they, where are they? The sales people told me summer new phones will come out.

So I'm more thinking, if I do re up at this company, will I be able to wait for my upgrade? Or when an upgrade is offered it's a now or never situation?

The sales rep wasn't quite clear, but from his speech, I'd wager upgrading a phone is a help for him so I wouldn't take his word at face value.

I guess summed up what I'm asking is with verizon wireless, can you delay an upgrade? Because I'd like to stay with a black berry if I'm keeping a phone and rumor mill keeps saying summer new lines roll out.
    05-26-11 01:31 PM
    You don't "have to upgrade", you can wait to see if something that better fits your needs.
    05-26-11 02:12 PM
    Luckily my response isn't as long winded as your post, the answer is yes.
    05-26-11 02:57 PM
    You don't "have to upgrade", you can wait to see if something that better fits your needs.
    Outstanding thank you.
    06-03-11 01:46 PM
    Luckily my response isn't as long winded as your post, the answer is yes.
    Mario! You could have been a little more customer friendly there.
    06-03-11 03:08 PM
    I could have, you're right. Obviously I wasn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    06-03-11 06:04 PM
    You upgrade when you want to. It won't expire or anything. Just wait until a phone you want comes out.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.
    06-04-11 01:21 PM

When have you ever known Mario to be "customer friendly"?
    06-04-11 10:39 PM

Thanks for the laugh. I needed it.
    06-08-11 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD