I'm interested in hearing the experiences of CrackBerry members who have switched from Verizon to ATT and ordered their BlackBerry from Wirefly with the promotional 2yr new account activation discount/rebate.

I'm specifically interested in hearing from those who deferred porting their Verizon number to ATT until they were able to confirm that ATT's service was satisfactory for their needs/location, and whether deferring the number porting interfered with receiving the promotional discount?

I searched the CrackBerry Forums and found lots of informative posts. Nothing I found directly addressed the impact of the deferred number porting logistics on the promotional discount.
    12-15-08 02:50 PM
    I was with verizon, and I was getting ready to switch to AT&T. I saw an AT&T Tilt on Wirefly and I ordered it. I was porting my number from Verizon to AT&T. I didn't chose the deferred porting, however I had the worst experience ever. Wirefly sent the wrong information to AT&T, they had me set up on a pre-paid account. I had to wait a week for Wirefly and AT&T to get together to get the pre-paid account canceled. When AT&T canceled the prepaid account, some guy who was buying a pre-paid account wound up with my number. So I still had my number with Verizon and he had my number with AT&T. I got all the calls, he got all the text messages. Finally I sent Wirefly back their stuff, they were absolutely no help and they screwed me bad. It took AT&T another week to port my number from Verizon and all of that after they guy called in to change his prepaid number. I couldn't do anything until he changed the number. Needless to say, I had a friend set up a macro to continuously text him to call at&t. I did that because he knew what was going on and he refused to change the number. Anyway, I finally got the service switched over, and I just got a blackberry with AT&T and have been happy since.
    12-15-08 03:42 PM
    Oh and you might want to google Wirefly. I have read a lot of posts about people not receiving rebates.
    12-15-08 03:45 PM
    Thanks, I'll dig a bit deeper into this.

Sorry to hear about the problem you had.

ETrade is using WireFly as their device supplier. It would seem that they should be relatively reliable, but everyone's mileage may vary.
    12-16-08 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD