05-27-09 08:12 PM
151 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Maybe so, but he forgot the most important part - made especially for guys. Since we guys know the most important parts of grooming are to make sure crotch, ****, armpits & teeth stay clean, we will be including a special feature just for men.

A popout brush to get all four clean - and it will be included at no additional charge.

Just think - a phone that keeps you in touch on any network and also helps keep you clean!

We're still working on the waterproofing part, but Matt has found that a single brush works just fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    One brush for those things and my teeth?
    05-24-09 12:09 AM
    Can this procured from the fuller (sp) brush man? and will they sell other VZW products door to door?
    05-24-09 12:12 AM
    Can this procured from the fuller (sp) brush man? and will they sell other VZW products door to door?
    One brush for those things and my teeth?

LOL!

It's an old George Carlin routine.

George Carlin - Germs - AOL Video

(Sorry YouTube fans - I don't do Google...)

Posted from my CarlinBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 12:30 AM
    LOL!

It's an old George Carlin routine.

George Carlin - Germs - AOL Video

(Sorry YouTube fans - I don't do Google...)

Posted from my CarlinBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Haha, yeah, I thought it sounded familiar. I heard that standup bit before.
    05-24-09 12:38 AM
    I have a CDMA Blackberry (8350i) that has wifi. The 8350i is the only CDMA phone that has wifi that I know about.
    05-24-09 12:44 AM
    I have a CDMA Blackberry (8350i) that has wifi. The 8350i is the only CDMA phone that has wifi that I know about.
    Check again. The 8350i is iDEN, there is no CDMA radio in your Blackberry. You only get a signal when iDEN or wi-fi is around.
    05-24-09 12:46 AM
    why give us wifi when they can force us into paying for their data plans?
    05-24-09 01:12 AM
    oh and I heard the storm 2 will have wifi but haven't checked into it myself.
    05-24-09 01:13 AM
    I just think it's silly that people come on here and cry and complain about Verizon locking gps down, or stealing their money, or being crooks, or ripping people off... If it's that big of a deal, leave. How hard is that?
    I hate all the lock downs and near extortion rates for service just as much as the next guy but is hard to leave VZW when I think back to 2005. For me VZW's defining moment was when I lived in South Florida and got pounded back to back with Ivan, Francis, Wilma, and Katrina. I was huddled in the closet while all the windows were exploding from the pressure, huge trees were snapping, and roof tiles were flying. The whole time I was watching the weather channel on my i730. After the storm VZW was the only carrier that worked. As I understand it they have backup generators on their towers. If the towers get destroyed they also have trucks that they drive in to the disaster areas with mobile towers. I like that. I also like the fact that I always have 1000's of people 15 feet behind me and helicopters circling overhead to make sure my service in never interrupted. "It's the network!"
    05-24-09 01:28 AM

thats just it why not give wi-fi when we are already forced into using the data plan..

giving wi-fi wont lose them any money
    05-24-09 01:36 AM
    Got news for you both, even if the device had WIFI, you still would be required to have a data plan. Cause the first time you needed data and did not have WIFI avail, you would hit the data network and then you would be calling VZW asking for data credits
    05-24-09 09:25 AM
    The Samsung Saga, Omnia, Touch Pro and Touch Diamond all have wi-fi, and they're required to have data plans as well. So it doesn't make since that it's Verizon that is actually not allowing wi-fi. Verizon has other wi-fi devices. There are no commercially available CDMA Blackberrys that have wi-fi ( yet ). There isn't one for Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular, Cricket, ....
    05-24-09 10:07 AM
    u have only 38 post so u still dont know. The vzw loyalist here take their carrier very VERY serious! They'll call you a bottom feeder fairly quickly if you insult their carrier! Trust me, I'm already on their hitlist

I think its quite funny actually... So don't worry, u have us normal people here to balance it out a bit
    do you have that on your clipboard on your PC or something? its the same every time! lol...

now continue on topic, sorry to interrupt.
    05-24-09 10:15 PM
    I hope im not the one considered to call people a bottom feeder for liking verizon.. I always keep my eyes open.. Even though I am pretty blunt and straight forward with my statements don't take it for fact that I close my eyes on things
    05-24-09 10:44 PM
    Let's just wave the magic wand & make WiFi radios mysteriously appear on a board that has no room for it to begin with.

Want WiFi on VZW? Get a WiFi phone - there have been quite a few, actually - the current ones are mentioned above. But for the same reason you cannot get flash content on ANY BlackBerry, you cannot get a WiFi radio on a CDMA BlackBerry. The reason? Because RIM didn't add it.

Then again, some will try to tell you that VZW blocks RIM from adding these things. The power of VZW is so vast that no other CDMA carrier, anywhere in the world, is allowed to have the things VZW "blocks" or "locks down."

Sounds really ludicrous, doesn't it?

Of course, if you'd actually read this thread, you'd see these points had already been brought up repeatedly.
    i nver said I knew the results of it. However, twins said he did
    You haven't shown you know anything.

Posted from my Anti-BS-Berry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 12:12 AM
    I can't speak for the windows mobile devices or Blackberries, but I know on PCs particularly, using WI-Fi and Cellular at the same time tends to get the user kicked off the internet. It is a safety protocol designed to kick a hacked computer off the 'net before it is further compromised or before it racks up overage. When both are used at the same time, the connections tend to fight, the IP address forcibly changes back and forth, resulting in the associated boot from the network.

I suspect this is why many of our devices do not have Wi-Fi. That, and it's easier to let people use their cellular connection than to deal with the calls resulting from Wi-Fi breaking it after so many boots. (And then having to fix it.) Also keep in mind that other CDMA/EVDO carriers likely go through the same thing.

For the record, I have heard the Omnia has issues with this. Granted, not many people bother using Wi-Fi with the Omnia, so maybe it's worry over nothing? Either way, after having EVDO cellular internet for over a year and a half, I have to say I prefer it vastly to Wi-Fi. I never turn on the wi-fi on my PDA, as my cell phone is always connected, even in basements. Sound cheesy? Sure it is. But it works.
    05-25-09 01:11 AM

You haven't shown you know anything.

Posted from my Anti-BS-Berry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    At least I posted proof of a case. I'm still waiting for u to post the proof that it was thrown out
    05-25-09 02:16 AM
    At least I posted proof of a case. I'm still waiting for u to post the proof that it was thrown out
    You only posted proof that there was a report of a case. That case is ancient history. I seem to recall you first broached the subject and claimed there was a lawsuit pending. Now it is up to you to show it is still pending as you claim it is. You can't post a partial story then claim it as whole proof. I am with Dad on this one 100%. You haven't shown you know a thing other than regurgitated crap.

05-25-09 03:25 AM
    You only posted proof that there was a report of a case. That case is ancient history. I seem to recall you first broached the subject and claimed there was a lawsuit pending. Now it is up to you to show it is still pending as you claim it is. You can't post a partial story then claim it as whole proof. I am with Dad on this one 100%. You haven't shown you know a thing other than regurgitated crap.
    Bingo & exactly right.

RM, you originally brought up the suit report - from what, three years ago? Yet there isn't another word on it anywhere on the Internet.

Your supposed "proof" article had no details, no plaintiff, no court records, no nothing. Because of this, you've proven nothing other than you can work a browser to point to a search of VERIZON GPS SUIT.

I can easily post a "news piece" claiming VZW won multi-million dollar suits against forum moles posting defamatory information. Did it happen? Not unless I can show proof. You've not posted even a jurisdiction, much less a resolution. To the intelligent & discerning soul, that shows you don't know a thing about the facts.

Come back with some substantiated proof and maybe some of us will take your whining a little more seriously. Until then, you're just whining.

Posted with the BS Detector on full alert at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 03:55 AM
    Bingo & exactly right.

RM, you originally brought up the suit report - from what, three years ago? Yet there isn't another word on it anywhere on the Internet.

Your supposed "proof" article had no details, no plaintiff, no court records, no nothing. Because of this, you've proven nothing other than you can work a browser to point to a search of VERIZON GPS SUIT.

I can easily post a "news piece" claiming VZW won multi-million dollar suits against forum moles posting defamatory information. Did it happen? Not unless I can show proof. You've not posted even a jurisdiction, much less a resolution. To the intelligent & discerning soul, that shows you don't know a thing about the facts.

Come back with some substantiated proof and maybe some of us will take your whining a little more seriously. Until then, you're just whining.

LMFAO! Thats what I call a poster getting owned!
    05-25-09 04:30 AM
    Bingo & exactly right.

I will say.. now this isn't really my debate or anything but I do recall the lawsuit. I don't know whatever happened I know vzw lost but I don't know many details..

it was posted on a bunch of tech sites when it happened..

I think the most common suit that I remember though is the one where verizon had to repay ETF's

but after searching the net just a short period
    Verizon Deceived BlackBerry Buyers, Complaint Alleges
    Cyber Law Internet and Technology Law Firm | Suit Challenges Verizon on Blackberry GPS | Verizon, Initially, Hardware, Features, Builtin, Disable, Service

I found those 2. Like I said I never did hear a outcome but it definitely was a real case.

and something must have happened either a settlement or something because
    Verizon Wireless has unlocked the GPS on the 8330 Curve and the 8130 Pearl? - BlackBerry , Phones

they did unlock it after time.
    Last edited by noaim; 05-25-09 at 04:57 AM.
    05-25-09 04:49 AM
    VZW did not lose & they did not "unlock" GPS. It was a couple years later, coinciding with the then planned release of OS4.5 that RIM revised BB Maps & applied for access to VZW's PDE. They received approval for this and BB Maps became functional.

If VZW had lost a suit in the matter, why did it take years for this to happen and why is it only BB Maps & not the WinMo devices or other apps?

Again, the suits were dismissed and VZW lost nothing.

05-25-09 05:46 AM
    VZW did not lose & they did not "unlock" GPS. It was a couple years later, coinciding with the then planned release of OS4.5 that RIM revised BB Maps & applied for access to VZW's PDE. They received approval for this and BB Maps became functional.

If VZW had lost a suit in the matter, why did it take years for this to happen and why is it only BB Maps & not the WinMo devices or other apps?

Again, the suits were dismissed and VZW lost nothing.

ehh you didn't read what I wrote very closely I said something must have happened either a settlement or something...

I said I don't have much information I just went looking for what I could find and I remember it being all over the internet for a while when the lawsuit came out never read anything after that though.
    05-25-09 07:13 AM
    twins,

first, I never started the thread about starting a lawsuit, I simply said I would support such a suit. 2nd, I did do a search and found some interesting "TECH" sites refering to a suit regarding locked GPS and monopolizing of VZ Navigator. I posted what I had read, that is it!

Now....

The funny thing is....You confirmed it as well when you said there were 2 cases thrown out. So, I refer it back to you since now your changing your tune and calling it all nonsense. Show me the proof of what happened in these cases since you already confirmed their existance...

Or did you just spew a lot of dudu?
    05-25-09 02:32 PM
    Please keep the discussion on the topic at hand and be respectful. There is no need to bring up anyones religion no matter how harmless you thought the comment to be. Thanks for your cooperation.

Edit: Again, please refrain from the back and forth bickering. There's no need for it. State you case and move on. Or discuss it intelligently please. Any more warnings and the thread will be closed. Thanks.
    05-25-09 02:49 PM
151 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD