I am having several problems with my LG Dare. It is freezing with the newest software, the lock key is starting to become unresponsive, and the touch screen is starting to go bad. Verizon insists that a refurb will fix it but after searching online this seems to be a problem with most Dares. My question is: Can Verizon switch it with another device (refurb or not) because I'm within my one year warranty? Since it's an LG can they exchange for another LG phone such as the ENV 3 when it comes out because it's a similar device?

I'm wasn't sure whether this should go in the VZW forum or other smartphone forum so please don't blast me. (I thought VZW because it deals with their policy)

Thank you
    05-23-09 08:43 AM
    You would get a Certified like new device (CLRN). You will not be able to switch for another device unless you are eligable for an upgrade.

Just because you read a problem with CLNR device, does not always make it true. If you should get a device that does not perform to standards, then VZW will that right as well.

Your other option is to send you device to LG under the 1 year MFG, wait about 4-6 weeks. They take apart your device, replace required parts, put it back together and test it. So, when you get it back what do have? a CLNR device

VZW stocks these to get you back up and running much faster. VZW is not like other companies you purchase a device from that will tell you that you have to send your device to the MFG.

Hope this helps.
    05-23-09 08:51 AM
    You would get a Certified like new device (CLRN). You will not be able to switch for another device unless you are eligable for an upgrade.

Just because you read a problem with CLNR device, does not always make it true. If you should get a device that does not perform to standards, then VZW will that right as well.

Your other option is to send you device to LG under the 1 year MFG, wait about 4-6 weeks. They take apart your device, replace required parts, put it back together and test it. So, when you get it back what do have? a CLNR device

VZW stocks these to get you back up and running much faster. VZW is not like other companies you purchase a device from that will tell you that you have to send your device to the MFG.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you for your help. I'll take the phone in and see what they can do. I called them and they said to take it into their store and they will take a look and decide whether to give me another Dare or a "like device". I'll keep my hopes up for a "like device" but I'm fine with another Dare as long as it works.
    05-23-09 08:58 AM
    Thank you for your help. I'll take the phone in and see what they can do. I called them and they said to take it into their store and they will take a look and decide whether to give me another Dare or a "like device". I'll keep my hopes up for a "like device" but I'm fine with another Dare as long as it works.
    If the rep refered you to a store, then this is a good idea, I would call the store first to make sure they have stock. Nothing worse that waiting and then fond out they do nothave stock. The can order one though. Also if you keep your cool, but I seriously doubt it will happen, ask for differnet device. If the store can help they might. DO NOT get your hopes up for that option though.
    05-23-09 09:02 AM
    If the rep refered you to a store, then this is a good idea, I would call the store first to make sure they have stock. Nothing worse that waiting and then fond out they do nothave stock. The can order one though. Also if you keep your cool, but I seriously doubt it will happen, ask for differnet device. If the store can help they might. DO NOT get your hopes up for that option though.
    Ok thank you for all your help! I'll either call or go to the store soon. I'll take your suggestion as my friend did the same when he had a glyde and got a voyager.
    05-23-09 09:05 AM
    Cool - keep in mind these accomadations are done on case by case basis with many factors looked at. Good luck
    05-23-09 09:09 AM
    I don't have any experience with Verizon, but AT&T will typically do a "like for like" exchange on your 3rd replacement. I'm sure the policies don't differ that much. However, sometimes it is a case by case basis as stated before.
    05-23-09 09:18 AM
    It may be user error.
    Users never make errors, do they? What do you think they are, humans?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 01:53 PM
    Hey guys, just got back from the store and it has been declared to be not user error. It is a defective device. I will most likely got an ENV 3 as a replacement next week. Hurray!
    05-23-09 02:25 PM
    Good job - glad to hear all worked out
    05-23-09 02:42 PM
    cool the thing is that they want to keep your business and sometimes they do pull some strings for people but of course not to abuse the system

Glad to hear a good experience
    05-23-09 05:24 PM
    Good job - glad to hear all worked out
    cool the thing is that they want to keep your business and sometimes they do pull some strings for people but of course not to abuse the system

Glad to hear a good experience
    Thanks guys! Its nice to see that Verizon cares. I'm looking forward to my new phone to hold me over until I can be eligible for a smartphone.
    05-23-09 05:52 PM
    Just to let you know, accepting the env3 is going to push out your upgrade dates 20 months.
    05-23-09 05:52 PM
    Just to let you know, accepting the env3 is going to push out your upgrade dates 20 months.
    The Customer Service Rep told me that it will not require a contract extension. Maybe I'm lucky?
    05-23-09 06:34 PM
    It won't touch your contract. It will push out your upgrade date. They're different.
    05-23-09 08:09 PM
    It won't touch your contract. It will push out your upgrade date. They're different.
    Even if the phone is refurbished? Should I just buy it out right because I get 25 percent off anything at Verizon?
    05-23-09 08:48 PM
    They wouldn't give you a refurb, there are not gonna be any refurbs right when the env3 launches.

You would get a brand new phone. I would just take another dare and wait until your BB you want comes out. They will not discount a brand new phone 100% off for nothing...
    05-23-09 09:07 PM
    They wouldn't give you a refurb, there are not gonna be any refurbs right when the env3 launches.

You would get a brand new phone. I would just take another dare and wait until your BB you want comes out. They will not discount a brand new phone 100% off for nothing...
    Unfortunately, as much as I love Blackberries I do not believe I need the Data Plan. If it was lower like T-Mobiles 10 dollar email plan that would be great but Verizon does not offer that plan. So Blackberries and Smartphones aside, should I wait because my 1 year warranty is up in Mid-August. On another note perhaps the Rep meant the ENV 2?
    05-23-09 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD