I recently got a new phone a few weeks back, and have recently discovered a defect with my phone.

I have already cut my box and sent in for mail in rebate.

When I get my replacement phone, is it supposed to be Brand New Factory Boxed?

My understanding is there is no restocking fee or anything...but I am unsure of what type of replacement VZW will provide me. I know they usually have phones that are not factory boxed....where do those come from? The next tier down is a refurbished unit, what you get when you make an insurance claim basically. But since this phone is just a few weeks old I should get a brand new factory boxed replacement phone right?
    12-01-10 03:39 PM
    NIB will be with in your 30 days, after that you will get a FRU.

When in doubt go to the store. Take everything with you.

They don't care that the box has been cut for the rebate. You just won't be able to file another one...
    12-01-10 03:43 PM
    NIB will be with in your 30 days, after that you will get a FRU.

When in doubt go to the store. Take everything with you.

They don't care that the box has been cut for the rebate. You just won't be able to file another one...
    NIB stands for New In the Box right?

I am within my 30 days, but had them ship me one because I am too busy to get to a store and generally find calling to be the way to get better service.

Thanks for the reply...my wife said the shipment arrived so I wanted to make sure what I should be expecting when I get home.

FRU is Factory Refurbished Unit right? That's a step above what you get on an insurance claim correct?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but Assurion units are refurbished by a third party and not the manufacturer correct?
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 12-01-10 at 03:50 PM.
    12-01-10 03:46 PM
    Yes even if they ship one to you, if you with in your 30 days, not after it should be a new in box. If not I would call them up soon as you get home.

After that 30 days they can only send you FRU's. Sometimes FRU's are better

Keep us posted. Oh what was the defect?
    12-01-10 03:49 PM
    Yes even if they ship one to you, if you with in your 30 days, not after it should be a new in box. If not I would call them up soon as you get home.

After that 30 days they can only send you FRU's. Sometimes FRU's are better

Keep us posted. Oh what was the defect?
    The defect is actually the performance of A2DP Bluetooth audio......took me awhile to actually think it was the phone that was causing the problem.

I know it's a defective phone because it works fine on other phones....I tried the headset with the same model phone, using the same file on the same memory card, in the same environment. My phone has persistent audio glitches and the other phone sounds perfect just like my previous phone. Mine was even glitching while in an RF shielded environment with a range of 6 inches!

I use my headphones all the time, can't stand using wired ones anymore, so I would probably change models if this was not a defect. Really looking forward to having this working correct on my phone again.
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 12-01-10 at 04:11 PM.
    12-01-10 04:09 PM
    FRU means Field Replacement Unit to Verizon, it may or may not be refurbished, often they are new phones too, especially when a phone model FIRST comes out.
    12-01-10 06:11 PM
    As long as you are within your first 30 days, you will get a brand new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-10 06:51 PM
    So yes it was a brand new phone and A2DP is working a 100 times better......

Now I just need to fin some tape so I can ship this defective one back.

12-01-10 09:44 PM
    Another question here for all you in the know Verizon people.

I bought my Droid 2 on buy one get one free, one for me and for my wife.

It cost $149 and I got $50 New every two to knock that down to $99 for the two of them.

With in the 30 days you are permitted to do one exchange for a $35 restocking fee. While I was thinking my A2DP just sucked on Droid2 (before I realized it was a defect) I was looking at my other options.....It was mainly just the Incredible (I considered the Bold as well) because it needed to be $149 or less because of the BOGO deal was what the guy told me.

I was thinking I might like the Droid X better because the extra room makes the software keyboard more comfortable for my hand size, but it was $199 and no BOGO so it was too pricey.

But now I see VZW is offering BOGO on Droid X. Would they allow me to switch to Droid X now? I would figure it would cost $50 more and the $35 restocking fee......I might consider it for that price. Would they give me that deal or not allow since their was no BOGO on Droid X when I made my purchase?

I was just thinking the snag might be the Droid 2 was buy one get any phone free and I think the Droid X deal right now is Buy DroidX get a DroidX free.......I would have to talk my wife in to DroidX too as well and then probably double the restocking fee
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 12-02-10 at 12:16 PM.
    12-02-10 12:11 PM
    Lot of thinking lol..

Best bet is to call Verizon and see what details they can give you.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-02-10 12:17 PM
    Lot of thinking lol..

Best bet is to call Verizon and see what details they can give you.
    ding ding ding, give this man a cookie! Yea call them up, don't hurt to ask. Especially if you ask nicely 1-800-922-0204. (Is it odd that I know the number by heart?)
    12-02-10 02:28 PM
    Yeah...I go a little obssessive compulsive when I am in my 30 days window lol.

Can someone answer this about BOGO my friend was asking me:
    do both lines have to be eligible for an upgrade? I was telling him I didn't think so....you just have to reset your 2 year contract. On the free phone.

Well what if that line is only a few months in to a contract? Him and his wifes upgrades have him thinking he never get BOGO unless he stays out of contract.

12-02-10 11:53 PM
    If you're within the thirty days you can exchange it for the Droid X for the xtra 50 and 35 restock fee.Yes you do need to have 2 eligible lines to do a buy one get or atleast you did when I got my incredible in august.

12-03-10 12:04 AM
    If you're within the thirty days you can exchange it for the Droid X for the xtra 50 and 35 restock fee.Yes you do need to have 2 eligible lines to do a buy one get or atleast you did when I got my incredible in august.

Well I am staying with the droid2 I decided.

But that doesn't make sense to me.....why would the second line need to be eligible for an upgrade? I thought the second phone just needed a two year contract....if it's 10 months in to a 2 year they aren't going to let the free phone sign a new 2 year? I guess not.....it's 18 months to where your eligible for ugrade? So both lines have to be in the last 6 months of their contract?

Well I guess it would pay for him to have his wife wait a bit longer when she is eligible for her next upgrade since these BOGO offers come around pretty regular......

For me this is the second upgrade where I got a BOGO deal...
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 12-03-10 at 10:28 AM.
    12-03-10 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD