1. mbizzle's Avatar
    I just had a customer in my store and the there was 3 email accounts the customer wanted to change the defult e mail. I went all through settings and could find nothing, so if someone could help me out i would be greatful
    10-04-08 12:18 PM
  2. srplummer's Avatar
    Go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-08 12:19 PM
  3. mbizzle's Avatar
    Well that was easy Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-04-08 12:21 PM
  4. JRSCCivic98's Avatar
    I guess VZW training didn't cover that one huh?
    10-04-08 03:10 PM
  5. lastraid's Avatar
    I guess VZW training didn't cover that one huh?
    I suppose that you know everything there is to know about a Blackberry there is is to know and every other device in the inventory, including the retired ones a rep gets calls on, or sales person needs to know. For if you do, you are wonder person of the year.

    Give a person a break, if they learn something new. Gods know I learn something new about phones everyday. Not only blackberries.
    10-04-08 04:07 PM
  6. JRSCCivic98's Avatar
    Just for kicks, I called Verizon support today to see if anyone could answer this same question for me. Out of 5 CSRs, not one knew it off the top of their head. Only one was able to get the answer from someone while putting me on hold. So as you can see, it wasn't directed towards the OP "in perticular".
    10-04-08 09:58 PM
  7. lastraid's Avatar
    CUrious minds would like to know, what was your question? A CS rep will most likey not know much about technical types of questions as a whole.

    I would also guess that OP works in a store. He was giving the customer great service in my opinion, as they were using known resources to resolve the customers concern.
    Last edited by lastraid; 10-04-08 at 10:11 PM.
    10-04-08 10:00 PM
  8. degilmo's Avatar
    Hmmm... just a humble T Mobile customer with an observation. Isn't it cool that this OP went to Crackberry.com to get his answer? We are a united front here. At least that's why I keep coming back. Just my 2 cents worth...
    10-04-08 10:06 PM
  9. JRSCCivic98's Avatar
    CUrious minds would like to know, what was your question? A CS rep will most likey not know much about technical types of questions as a whole.
    Same as the OPs. I indicated what phone I had and that I had multiple email accounts setup on it, but wanted to pick a perticular one to be the default one that's used to send emails. I didn't get too specific with the backend knowledge because I didn't want to help guide their answers. After all, if you want to mimic the general call to CS, you kinda have to play dumb.

    Anyway, the first 3 were a total fail. The 4th I specifically asked for a Blackberry specialist and even this person couldn't answer, but asked someone and then gave the correct answer. The 5th was also a Blackberry support person, but couldn't answer the question.
    10-05-08 11:52 AM
  10. lastraid's Avatar
    Sorry to hear you had this issue. At VZW there are NO Blackberry specialists perse, The areas of a blackberry are difficult to support short of call and data connections issues, as most reps do not get a ton of calls for them for one. If you find a rep that owns one chances are better. Short of that they will use resources available or xfer you to RIM.

    This is one of main reason I got a BB, so I can get more in depth knowledge of the device.

    Once again please remember that both CS and TS folks need to have a working knowledge of ALL devices sold by the company and this is always fun.
    10-05-08 12:49 PM
  11. JRSCCivic98's Avatar
    And that's VZW's biggest downfall. They should have departments that are trained in specific phones. There should be two or three sections. Regular phones, WinMo/Palm smartphones and Blackberry. Or just combine Blackberry and WinMo/Palm into simply Smartphoens. This is how T-Mobile does it and I have no issues getting someone who knows what's going on when I need a Blackberry person on hand to check certain things on their end. All I do is call in, ask the secretary (yeah, the first person that picks up, lol) for the right help department and then get transfered. From there is usually goes pretty well 98% of the time. The other 2% I get the noobs who just started 3 week ago.

    I don't expect everyone at VZW CS to know everything, but I do expect the COMPANY to properly split up the departments or properly and completely train their employees to cover all CS calls for whatever handsets they are responsible for. Not only that, but if I was a manager I'd call some of my people from time to time to check them with various questions and the ones that couldn't answer would be sent home after work with more training material to review and have ready for future encounters.
    10-05-08 07:11 PM
  12. lastraid's Avatar
    Finally we agree We use to have a dept Called WDTS. We handled all advanced device sand did well at it. For the past 8 months or so this dept has been dismantled and folded into TS (tier 2). There is no more Tier 3, so all of us handle everything now, Including CS, while CS only handles CS then xfers over to us for technical issues. We like the job so we stay. It was always the opinion of many of us that a universal rep would hurt the customer. As time goes on though I really feel better at fixing voice issues and still remeber all the things I did as a data person. HEY! I can even do CS work quite well now. I will tell you though at first I was a deer in the headlight for about 4 months with a lot of this CS stuff.

    And that's VZW's biggest downfall. They should have departments that are trained in specific phones. There should be two or three sections. Regular phones, WinMo/Palm smartphones and Blackberry. Or just combine Blackberry and WinMo/Palm into simply Smartphoens. This is how T-Mobile does it and I have no issues getting someone who knows what's going on when I need a Blackberry person on hand to check certain things on their end. All I do is call in, ask the secretary (yeah, the first person that picks up, lol) for the right help department and then get transfered. From there is usually goes pretty well 98% of the time. The other 2% I get the noobs who just started 3 week ago.

    I don't expect everyone at VZW CS to know everything, but I do expect the COMPANY to properly split up the departments or properly and completely train their employees to cover all CS calls for whatever handsets they are responsible for. Not only that, but if I was a manager I'd call some of my people from time to time to check them with various questions and the ones that couldn't answer would be sent home after work with more training material to review and have ready for future encounters.
    10-05-08 07:31 PM
  13. judiburnes's Avatar
    Since I try to follow some of the suggestions you guys give us so I know the phone a little better, I went to default services and under messaging (CMIME) it said "Desktop" with the option of my email address. I changed it to the email address - what will be the difference, if any?
    Thanks
    10-05-08 07:46 PM
  14. lastraid's Avatar
    Based upon a Tech library article I was reading the desktop CMIME is for a BES set up and you should see acctname(CMIME) for a BIS set up. what the diference in the operation of the device will be, not sure 100%, but hopefully email will work better.
    10-05-08 08:10 PM
  15. mbizzle's Avatar
    Thank you guys for your feed back lol. I use crackberry for alot. It seems the people on this site get back to me faster than the reps in my company!!!!!!!!!!!! So there for my hat is off to the crackberry world this site is a great tool to use.
    10-10-08 04:29 PM
  16. JRSCCivic98's Avatar
    Anytime you see [Desktop] after one of the service books it's there because of BES or because you setup DM (possibly incorrectly) and chose Redirector. If it's the latter, you'd have noticed it by now because you'd have gotten a bunch of "Network Messages" in your Outlook from time to time as email comes in.... if you are not on BES.
    10-10-08 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD