so my Pink pearl is dyeing and I am trying to hold of till the VZW version of the bold comes out I can hold off till June at the latest because my battery will only charge now if its COMPLETELY dead like it shut off not just my radio the phone, which I've never had that happened to me till recently and I've had the phone when it first came out in Pink! Don't get me wrong I love my pearl but I think its time for a BIG GIRL phone! lol my problem is I was hoping for a release date bc I like the storm BUT I want to have a fall back.... and if I get a Curve I'd of course get the pink of ebay... so I guess my question is after all my ridiculous babbling I sorry! so I just get a Curve off ebay and just wait or try the storm???? and my other question is do people have problems with the touch keyboard? I know it will take some getting use to I understand that but after that time period is it a annoyance?
    04-23-09 01:49 AM
    The storms keyboard is a personal preference. I like it better than a physical keyboard because the buttons are bigger. The Curves keys are just to tiny. Plus its nice having a the different keyboards on the storm. Don't just think about it, do it and get a storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 02:11 AM
    get the storm and try it out for 30 days and if you dont like it switch. Maybe the 9630 will be out by then.
    04-23-09 07:28 AM
    If I were you I would wait till the 9630 comes out...that is probably the verison of the "bold" you are talking about. It really has the Storms guts and some features from the 8900 and the Bold.
    04-23-09 07:39 AM
    I'm sort of in the same boat, my 8830 is dying and am waiting for Verizon to make available a newer model. I tried out the storm for 3 weeks and I hated it, but it may have a lot to do with what you will be using the phone for; business or pleasure. For business, I think the storm is crap because the e-mail capabilities are too iffy -- it was constantly stalling-out and you have to jump through a lot of hoops just to send an e-mail. Must admit thought, I did only try it for 3 weeks. On the other hand, it seems from reading others that the next phone to be available at Verizon (9630) is inferior to the bold and curve 8900...
    04-23-09 07:42 AM
    How much is money an issue for you? I just picked up a used Curve on Ebay and it cost me $150. Not much compared to full retail, especially retail on one of the newer phones, but that's not exactly chump change. Also, the pink Curves are less common on Ebay and usually sell for closer to $200-220. If that works for you, great, but I was a little surprised at how much these things cost. Don't get the Storm without trying it out a lot. Reactions to it are very individual. I thought I was going to love it but just couldn't get used to the imprecision of a touch screen without a stylus.
    Last edited by midwife_witch; 04-23-09 at 09:11 AM. Reason: redundancy
    04-23-09 08:43 AM
    I've had a storm since shortly after release. This was my first blackberry though. I've used the Curve and WE though, as several of my friends have them and I guess what I can say is this. If you see yourself punching out lots of long emails, I might not recommend the storm to you. I get many emails and respond to a few, but if this we're a business phone I would probably go nuts. The touch keyboard is nice but it really really really takes getting used to and even then, I occasionally wish I had a physical keyboard. OTOH, I don't want to lose the big beautiful screen when im doing things like web browsing.

Like the others have said, try out the storm for a few weeks. see how you like it. The niagara / 9630 is slated for release in May or June. There have been many dates speculated, and we really won't know until it is because while the hardware is out, RIM is still fine tuning the OS. It's looking good so far though (from what i've seen in reviews...dont take that as me knowing info that's not readily available to the public )
    04-23-09 09:04 AM
    I would wait on the storm and if you can wait a month or two get the 9630 when it comes out. If you like the physical keyboard then dont get the storm. I had the storm and had lots of problems with it (hardware and software) so I went back to the Curve, murdered it out(all black) so it didnt look girlyand I havent had one single issue thus far.
    04-23-09 11:37 AM
    I actually went into the store today and played with the storm and then went home and went on ebay and bought a Curve for $150 to hold me over till the new Blackberry comes out... I am still a little ify about not having a actual keyboard... thanks for you advice it helped...
    04-23-09 08:11 PM
    Go for vthe curve.
    04-23-09 08:37 PM
    so my Pink pearl is dyeing and I am trying to hold of till the VZW version of the bold comes out I can hold off till June at the latest because my battery will only charge now if its COMPLETELY dead like it shut off not just my radio the phone, which I've never had that happened to me till recently and I've had the phone when it first came out in Pink! Don't get me wrong I love my pearl but I think its time for a BIG GIRL phone! lol my problem is I was hoping for a release date bc I like the storm BUT I want to have a fall back.... and if I get a Curve I'd of course get the pink of ebay... so I guess my question is after all my ridiculous babbling I sorry! so I just get a Curve off ebay and just wait or try the storm???? and my other question is do people have problems with the touch keyboard? I know it will take some getting use to I understand that but after that time period is it a annoyance?
    just buy a battery.
    04-23-09 09:51 PM
    I actually went into the store today and played with the storm and then went home and went on ebay and bought a Curve for $150 to hold me over till the new Blackberry comes out... I am still a little ify about not having a actual keyboard... thanks for you advice it helped...
    Thats great!!! You'll love the Curve!
    04-23-09 11:57 PM
    The Storm is great, IF 2 things happen, 1 you get one with a good click, and 2 you are willing to upgrade to the leaked OSs.

The Curve is also a fine choice, it has mature software, and for many a physical keyboard just works better.

I don't want to say forget about the 9630 (Verizon's version of the Bold), BUT it's not out, not even announced yet, and it does not appear to be coming till August (the latest rumor). If you need a phone now, then the 9630 is not in the mix.
    04-24-09 12:33 AM
    just buy a battery.
    Thanks for the heads up I appreciate it! as of right now my battery life compared to my pearl is amazing but I am going to get a new one!
    Thanks again for everyones input...
    04-30-09 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD