06-03-09 09:03 AM
26 12
tools
    While I am sure that the things that rep laugh got a bit out of hand and I did not get to see what acutally caused the demise, it once again the few that ruined it for the many. I am sure this one will go the same way, but I felt I wanted to comment.

In this thread, I saw many posts where customers were called idi0ts and this is not right. Customers are sole reason the comapny exist (yes money has to do with it) and with out them, there is no company and no jobs.

The stories are one thing, as they are true life experiences relayed and can be quite funny. On flip side, there are numerous threads (that still are kept alive) that give personal testimonials from the customer view point. Some good some bad and some that just out right bash vzw and the employees.

A customer can have 25 interactions all good and one bad one. If this one bad one is bad enough it will sour them and maybe even make them move on. This one bad experience will be posted and so generalized that it appears to be aimed at all reps. Well keep in mind that are lots of good reps that post here and help others. So how do you think we feel when see those comments. We are human, just the same as customers and when we make a mistake or provide info that might not be as accurate as one one would like (God knows I have and have been called on the carpet for it ).

Well I hope this makes sence. Lets all keep it civil and keep up the good things that happen here.
    Last edited by lastraid; 06-02-09 at 11:20 PM. Reason: fix grammer
    06-02-09 10:55 PM
    While I am sure that the things that rep laugh got a bit out of hand and I did not get to see what acutally caused the demise, it once again the few that ruined it for the many. I am sure this one will go the same way, but I felt I wanted to comment.

In this thread, I saw many posts where customers were called idi0ts and this is not right. Customers are sole reason the comapny exist (yes money has to do with it) and with out them, there is no company and no jobs.

The stories are one thing, as they are true life experiences relayed and can be quite funny. On flip side, there are numerous threads (that still are kept alive) that give personal testimonials from the customer view point. Some good some bad and some that just out right bash vzw the employees.

A customer can have 25 interactions all good and one bad one. If this one bad one is bad enough it will sour them and maybe even make them move on. This one bad experience will be posted and so generalized that it appears to be aimed at all reps. Well keep in mind that are lots of good reps that post here and help others. So how do you think we feel when see those comments. We are human, just the same as customers and when we make a mistake or provide info that might not be as accurate as one one would like (God knows I have and have been called on the carpet for it ).

Well I hope this makes sence. Lets all keep it civil and keep up the good things that happen here.

this is pretty accurate...

it go's both ways...

and to be honest the person working at the company is more likely to find out that someone is bashing them
    06-02-09 10:58 PM
    I did contribute, but I did feel like I was civil in the matter. I do appologize to those that were enjoying the thread.
    06-02-09 11:10 PM
    I feel like I should say something, being the OP of that thread. First off, I try to help people out as much as possible not only in my store, but here aswell. I did not mean for anyone to take offense to it, but of course, some did (specifically one person) and it got out of hand pretty quickly.

Branta (the mod that closed the thread) is sleeping on it and will decide wether to leave it locked or clean it up and re-open it (the later is my hope)... Maybe this can be a petition to have it re-opened? I greatly enjoyed that thread...

Also, to everyone that reads this, if something like that happens, with someone trolling or whatever, please help everyone out and ignore them. Report the post and leave it to the mods to clean it up. If we had all ignored the troll and just reported, the thread would have been about 3 pages shorter and probably still open.

Branta will let me know what is going on tomorrow, will update as i know more.

06-02-09 11:20 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/thi...5/index15.html there is the link to the old thread.... everything occored on page 11 and continued to the end... Was good for a ton of laughs though, lets hope it gets re-opened... i dont remember the last time a thread got that many views in 3 days that wasnt about a theme or an OS...
    06-02-09 11:23 PM
    i took a read thru the thread and i get the feeling im missing some of the posts. especially at the end when that one poster seemed to challenge that one guy to a fight. sweet. too bad i missed it. i enjoyed the last thread and shared it with some my co workers who also got a laugh. shame some troller had to post his nonsense and a shame that just about everyone bit on the hook he kept putting in the thread.
    06-02-09 11:35 PM
    hopefully if some posts are missing that means they are working on cleaning it up... fingers crossed folks!
    06-02-09 11:38 PM
    i would say some are deleted. ppl are complaining at that one guy (names deleted to protect the innocent or guilty) and out of no where that other guy is like "come and say that at my store and i'll beat your..." wild, like i said. with all the replies that troller was getting its no surprise he stayed. i probably would have too.
    06-02-09 11:41 PM
    Hmmm.. I missed out on what happened I guess. There is definitely some posts missing. It must have went down the hole fast....
    06-02-09 11:54 PM
    Was an awesome thread. Sorry to hear one poor sport ruined it Working at a retail store I know about silly customers.

I would be the only one standing at the only open register and I would still get people that asked "Which register is open? Where do I go?"
    06-03-09 01:16 AM

The stories are one thing, as they are true life experiences relayed and can be quite funny. On flip side, there are numerous threads (that still are kept alive) that give personal testimonials from the customer view point. Some good some bad and some that just out right bash vzw and the employees.

Well said. I've been with Verizon for many years and have nothing but good things to say. Over the course of my contract I must of had only one or two bad inital experiences with the customer service reps.

I personally don't find that thread offensive. Anyone who works in a CS field has had some type of "Duh" moment with their clients. None of the CS reps divulged personal information and the thread was comical.

If you come onto a public forum you have to understand that you will come across some things you do not agree with. How you act in regards to those cases are in your power. The only thing I can say is either post your feelings respectfully or don't read the thread at all.

To all of the Verizon CS reps here, thank you for contributing your time here. I highly doubt the reps are being paid for all of the knowledge they dispense here daily.
    06-03-09 01:29 AM
    Nothing post....need to get it to 10 so I can PM that nucklehead...
    06-03-09 01:33 AM
    Nothing post....need to get it to 10 so I can PM that nucklehead...
    Lmao, I thought about doing it..but causing conflict is just going to create more trouble for this thread and get it locked down too.
    06-03-09 01:36 AM
    #10! Yea! That knucklehead can pound sand! He single-handedly destroyed a good thread and I have yet to figure out why...probably had a CS rep laugh at his stupidity once....or 'roid rage??
    06-03-09 01:50 AM
    Here's to hoping it will get cleaned and opened...have a great new story to share

Thanks to all the other reps out there for sharing your stories! Also, thanks to the all the great customers out there, too. Most of you are wonderful folks and I'm happy to help you (even when you're being silly and it makes me giggle!)
    06-03-09 03:30 AM
    I laughed until my sides hurt with that thread,
    and I happy that I didn't make the list, yet.
    I hope either that thread, or this one, keeps the laughs rolling.
    As for small minded individuals,
    they exist everywhere and I tend to laugh loudest at them.
    06-03-09 04:46 AM
    Man i just spent a hour nearly from work just reading the old thread. I loved it. Shame it was ruined. Subbing to this incase it gets funny again.
    06-03-09 05:10 AM
    I wonder why people get so invested in their computer battles? Is it really necessary to cast your net wider through the internet so that more people think you are crazy? This thread went quickly from some light hearted laughs to a rage fest.
    Bring back the funny!
    Last edited by alie001; 06-03-09 at 05:14 AM. Reason: spelling errors
    06-03-09 05:12 AM
    I wonder why people get so invested in their computer battles? Is it really necessary to cast your net wider through the internet so that more people think you are crazy? This thread went quickly from some light hearted laughs to a rage fest.
    Bring back the funny!
    Forget the last thread, i agree though. Pointless in arguing. I did like however the 'one' guy who was complaining about bad customer service, who did run his own business had time to be in a rage fest on CB. But you know pot kettle black and all.

I dunno if this counts but i charged someone 7k by accident 2 week ago...
    06-03-09 05:15 AM
    i took a read thru the thread and i get the feeling im missing some of the posts. especially at the end when that one poster seemed to challenge that one guy to a fight. sweet. too bad i missed it. i enjoyed the last thread and shared it with some my co workers who also got a laugh. shame some troller had to post his nonsense and a shame that just about everyone bit on the hook he kept putting in the thread.
    I am one that replied to "nameless" before I realized what was going on... Then after I knew what he was doing I deleted it but he already had it... Maybe thats the one you are missing..
    I hope they clean it and reopen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 05:30 AM
    I think the final post pretty much states that its closed and pretty solidly closed ;/
    06-03-09 06:10 AM
    i would say some are deleted. ppl are complaining at that one guy (names deleted to protect the innocent or guilty) and out of no where that other guy is like "come and say that at my store and i'll beat your..." wild, like i said. with all the replies that troller was getting its no surprise he stayed. i probably would have too.
    Dude i really like your avatar...
    06-03-09 08:22 AM
    no they opened it back up now... so post away CSR post away
    06-03-09 08:48 AM
    I did contribute, but I did feel like I was civil in the matter. I do appologize to those that were enjoying the thread.
    There is no need to apologize. Although I agree you need to watch what you say, we are people to, and there was nothing offensive, nothing mean spirited posted at all.

If what's his face thinks that his employees are straight faced and solemn all the time, a reality check is in store.

I think all who have identified themselves as employees have acted exemplary in every reaction on this forum. I'm sure none of us grew up dreaming of being in a career like this but I think we make the best of it to make the most out of our lives.

I'm sure all of us know what's expected of us, and often times that calls for dealing with tough issues. We accept that as part of our job, but we have the right to complain about it just like anyone else. That's human nature.
    06-03-09 08:49 AM
    The dead thread has been reopened. Mod please lock this one thank you
    06-03-09 09:02 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD