Hello - I just bought a Storm off eBay. I'm wishing to activate the Storm on my current line within my family plan and deactivate my Tour.

I've read a lot of very helpful things on the site here on how to do that. But does the VZ website automatically know to deactivate my Tour?

And once the Tour is deactivated - how awful is the process of reactivating the Tour, if I hate the Storm?

If you folks could put any troubleshooting ideas out ahead of me, that'd be great. Your Forums have been incredibly helpful since I joined the Blackberry world.....
    11-23-09 02:24 PM
    Hello - I just bought a Storm off eBay. I'm wishing to activate the Storm on my current line within my family plan and deactivate my Tour.

I've read a lot of very helpful things on the site here on how to do that. But does the VZ website automatically know to deactivate my Tour?

And once the Tour is deactivated - how awful is the process of reactivating the Tour, if I hate the Storm?

If you folks could put any troubleshooting ideas out ahead of me, that'd be great. Your Forums have been incredibly helpful since I joined the Blackberry world.....
    As soon as the Storm is on the line the Tour would be removed. Like probably said before *228 Option 3 then put in your info to get the Storm on the line, and the same thing to put the tour back on.
    11-23-09 02:32 PM
    Just go to My Services/My Phone and there is a link for activate phone, as soon as you put in the MEID HEX # listed unders Options/Status on the Storm and click submit, it will deactivate the Tour and activate the Storm. Same process to swap back. Also have the option to dial *228 and select option 3 as going from one blackberry to another to swap phones.

00smurf
    11-23-09 02:34 PM
    Login to your My Verizon account (Overview Area), click 'Self-Service Options' down the right-hand side of screen and then click 'Activate My New or Existing Phone' on the left-hand side of the next screen. From there, follow the instructions.

Here's the link as well:
    Cell Phones,Smartphones,Mobile Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless
    11-23-09 02:37 PM
    You folks are awesome!! Thanks so much!!
    11-23-09 03:07 PM
    I'm sorry - one last question: Since both Tour and Storm require the data plan, I'm guessing nothing will change with my bill?
    11-23-09 03:20 PM
    I'm sorry - one last question: Since both Tour and Storm require the data plan, I'm guessing nothing will change with my bill?
    Thats correct.
    11-23-09 03:23 PM
    unless you wanted to put the other email plan if you were using it for buisness, nope, same price
    11-23-09 03:27 PM
    Thanks again! Fingers crossed I do it all correctly....
    11-23-09 03:43 PM
    Just received the eBay Storm. Turned it on. Its active on the Verizon Network and in the 'Phone' option - there is an area code 518 (Boston or Mass) area code.

What does this mean if the phone is already associated with a ph#? What options do I have?

--Depressed.
    11-23-09 06:34 PM
    Did you do the ESN change online through your My Verizon account or possibly *228 then choose option 3 to change devices. Sounds like the phone just hasn't been reprogrammed to your # after changing it. If you're still having troubles after trying your self serve options call customer care from a different phone than either of the Blackberrys and they'll be happy to assist with the change.

00smurf
    11-23-09 08:36 PM
    Just received the eBay Storm. Turned it on. Its active on the Verizon Network and in the 'Phone' option - there is an area code 518 (Boston or Mass) area code.

What does this mean if the phone is already associated with a ph#? What options do I have?

--Depressed.
    No need to even go online to VZW unless you want to. Go through BIS on your PC/laptop to switch pin#s then call 228 and your tel# will appear on the phone (as long as the esn is good)
    11-23-09 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD