Now that Verizon has the $15/month plan for 150 mb. Do you think i can switch to it?
    I'm due for an upgrade and if i get a Bold. If i was just tied to a fbook/twitter/email account and web browsed on occasion, do you think i can maintain it?
    10-28-10 03:36 PM
    I browse, FB, Twit, Email and whatnot and never surpassed 150MB.
    10-28-10 03:51 PM
    cheaper data plan here i come
    10-28-10 03:56 PM
    Why not just give it a go and then monitor your usage during the first month? You can always switch back to unlimited during your billing period if it appears 150MB isn't going to work for you.
    10-28-10 03:57 PM
    Now that Verizon has the $15/month plan for 150 mb. Do you think i can switch to it?
    I'm due for an upgrade and if i get a Bold. If i was just tied to a fbook/twitter/email account and web browsed on occasion, do you think i can maintain it?
    You should go back through your billings for the past 6 months or so and see what your usage has been. Nobody here will be able to tell you how much data you use, but Verizon can. Personally, I think you'd be very close and I wouldn't think that it would be worth it. I'd rather have unlimited and not worry about it than be teetering on the edge and biting my finger nails all the time.

FWIW, I will tell you that I've used 108 MB in three weeks and that's an extremely light month for me...probably the lightest I've had in a year. I've been home pretty much all month and on WiFi. I think you will probably be over 150 MB per month unless you are also home most of the time and using your WiFi.
    10-28-10 03:58 PM
    We still need to keep in mind that the unlimited and $15/150MB options are basically a wash between 150+ to 300MB (since both unlimited and 300MB are ~$30/month). So, exceeding 150MB is not the end of the world; you're just paying the same for an extra 150MB as you would have paid for unlimited. Just want to make 100% sure you won't exceed (EVER exceed) 300MB in any given billing period.
    10-28-10 04:05 PM
    Yea, i try to be a money saver and i feel like thats the best route. I had a tour (no wifi) and i think i was around the 300 mb ish area..if i get the bold i think that would cut down considering ill be on my wifi most of the time (or tether to my wife's Droid x).
    10-28-10 05:31 PM
    You should go back through your billings for the past 6 months or so and see what your usage has been. Nobody here will be able to tell you how much data you use, but Verizon can. Personally, I think you'd be very close and I wouldn't think that it would be worth it. I'd rather have unlimited and not worry about it than be teetering on the edge and biting my finger nails all the time.

FWIW, I will tell you that I've used 108 MB in three weeks and that's an extremely light month for me...probably the lightest I've had in a year. I've been home pretty much all month and on WiFi. I think you will probably be over 150 MB per month unless you are also home most of the time and using your WiFi.
    ive been around a 300 mb , i think ill give it a go, no harm in doing so, thanks for the help!
    10-28-10 05:32 PM
    ive been around a 300 mb , i think ill give it a go, no harm in doing so, thanks for the help!
    Just download the MyVerizon app when you get the Bold. It will give you the same data usage info that CS has. If you check it a couple of days before your billing cycle ends and you're over, just call CS and backdate to unlimited. If your under, then your cool. 1-2 mins a month to monitor makes it reaal easy
    10-29-10 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD