10-15-09 04:42 PM
40 12
tools
    I was just wondering a couple of things. What is the highest number of MB you have used on your BB, and what is an average number of mb used for you on your device. I know that if you tether if will be some crazy high number.

I normally use around 90 to 100 mb since I have got my tour. Now that I have been using the vuivision to watch tv here and there Im at 168mb. Today is the last day of my billing cycle. Which is only .09 per mb of use. I feel like that is a value. Just not sure if I am a "normal" user, high or low.
    10-13-09 02:43 PM
    Highest I would think around 200?
    Avg around 100 sounds about right.
    10-13-09 02:44 PM
    Believe it or not, you're probably on the high side of users - but some, like me, do more - patrtly because I push data so hard in testing.

I regularly average over 10GB/mo, but most people I know do right about your numbers, if not a bit less.

And I typically don't tether through a smartphone - that doesn't reveal anything about the phone. I use aircards for that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 02:47 PM
    Believe it or not, you're probably on the high side of users - but some, like me, do more - patrtly because I push data so hard in testing.

I regularly average over 10GB/mo, but most people I know do right about your numbers, if not a bit less.

And I typically don't tether through a smartphone - that doesn't reveal anything about the phone. I use aircards for that.

10GB!!!!
    Holy ****
    10-13-09 02:52 PM
    10GB!!!!
    Holy ****
    No Shat
    10-13-09 03:01 PM
    I normally run through a gig

10-13-09 03:06 PM
    A gig?
    WTF are you guys doing on these phones?
    10-13-09 03:07 PM
    Doesn't Verizon have a soft cap at 5gb a month? even with their unlimited plan?
    10-13-09 03:09 PM
    Soft cap... meanin it slows down???
    I dunno... never hit 5gb on a phone before...
    10-13-09 03:10 PM
    There's no cap on the phone.

10-13-09 03:12 PM
    A gig?
    Let's just say that it has nothing to do with Premium SMS or Sprint.

10-13-09 03:13 PM
    Soft cap... meanin it slows down???
    I dunno... never hit 5gb on a phone before...
    if you look at the unlimited data plans in the fine print it says something about going over 5gb....
    It has been debated for the past few years on various sites.
    Some on everythingq/everythingwm even mentioned about getting a notification letter.

Unless the TOS changed.
    10-13-09 03:16 PM
    There's no cap on the phone.

Verizon's new top data plan is like unlimited, but with limits
    10-13-09 03:18 PM
    Does it say if its also for pda's?
    10-13-09 03:26 PM
    Let's just say that it has nothing to do with Premium SMS or Sprint.

I can only imagine
    10-13-09 03:26 PM
    Does it say if its also for pda's?
    Dunno, but here it for data plans, straight from their website:

Data Plans and Features (such as NationalAccess, BroadbandAccess, GlobalAccess, Push to Talk, and certain VZEmail services) may ONLY be used with wireless devices for the following purposes: (i) Internet browsing; (ii) email; and (iii) intranet access (including access to corporate intranets, email, and individual productivity applications like customer relationship management, sales force, and field service automation). The Data Plans and Features MAY NOT be used for any other purpose. Examples of prohibited uses include, without limitation, the following: (i) continuous uploading, downloading or streaming of audio or video programming or games; (ii) server devices or host computer applications, including, but not limited to, Web camera posts or broadcasts, automatic data feeds, automated machine-to-machine connections or peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing; or (iii) as a substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections. This means, by way of example only, that checking email, surfing the Internet, downloading legally acquired songs, and/or visiting corporate intranets is permitted, but downloading movies using P2P file sharing services and/or redirecting television signals for viewing on laptops is prohibited. A person engaged in prohibited uses, continuously for one hour, could typically use 100 to 200 MBs, or, if engaged in prohibited uses for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, could use more than 5 GBs in a month.

For individual use only and not for resale. We reserve the right to protect our network from harm, which may impact legitimate data flows. We reserve the right to limit throughput or amount of data transferred, and to deny or terminate service, without notice, to anyone we believe is using an Data Plan or Feature in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts our network or service levels. Anyone using more than 5 GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate the service of any such person without notice. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term.

Data sessions automatically terminate after 24 hours of activity. Data session is inactive when no data is being transferred. Data session may seem inactive while data is actively being transferred to device, or may seem active when it is actually cached and not transferring data. You MUST press or click END or DISCONNECT button to ensure that session disconnects and charges cease. Thirdparty applications may automatically reinitiate data sessions without you pressing or clicking SEND or CONNECT button. For the Palm Treo™ 650, the only way to disconnect your data session is to press the home key until you see “All” or “System,” then select the “Prefs” icon, then select “Network” from the drop-down list, and then “Disconnect.” You may be able to send or receive voice calls when your data session is inactive. When this occurs, charges apply simultaneously for voice calls in accordance with your Calling Plan. You are responsible for maintaining virus protection when accessing service.

PDA/smartphone and BlackBerry Plans: These VZEmail plans cannot be used: (1) for access to the Internet, intranets, or other data networks except as the device’s native applications and capabilities permit, unless you subscribe to BroadbandAccess Connect; or (2) for any applications that tether your device to laptops or personal computers other than for use of the Wireless Sync or the BlackBerry solution, unless you subscribe to BroadbandAccess Connect.

PDA/smartphone and BlackBerry Megabyte Features: Megabyte allowance and charges for kilobytes over the monthly allowance apply to 1xRTT and EV-DO data sessions, which are rounded to next full kilobyte at end of each billing cycle. Only total of kilobytes transmitted above allowance each billing cycle may appear on bill. You are responsible for all charges, including all data sent and received and “overhead” whether or not you or your recipients actually receive the data. Overhead is all data that is in addition to user-transmitted data, such as control, operational and routing instructions, error-checking characters as well as retransmissions of user-data messages that are received in error. Any unused portion of the megabyte allowance is lost.

They are talking about streaming video, p2p use, etc.
    Last edited by Tony Bag O Donuts; 10-13-09 at 03:32 PM. Reason: put in bold important part of text
    10-13-09 03:30 PM
    Smartphone data = no limit for dat.a/content viewable on the smartphone. No throttling, no blocks, use as much as you want.

Tehering plans are where the 5GB limit comes into play, to keep people from abusing the network.

10-13-09 03:33 PM
    And with services like this new TV for blackberry, wouldn't that be considered against the TOS? Or would verizon only act when one reaches 5GB?

I probably use 700MB a month at the moment.

10-13-09 03:38 PM
    Apparently it only comes into play on aircards/tethering.... Would have to test this however...
    10-13-09 03:40 PM
    A gig?
    Actually its normally more than a gig...... lets just say that I think that slacker radio is the GREATEST thing mankind has invented since the stripper pole
    10-13-09 04:46 PM
    There is no cap on phone usage, only when tethering or using a pc card. What about that is up for debate?

10-13-09 07:03 PM
    I use about a gig a month on my blackberry.

Lots of surfing, pandora non-stop, youtube here and there as well as now watching live tv on my blackberry.

Trust me, i get my monies worth.
    10-13-09 08:52 PM
    A gig?
    Probably streaming radio or youtube. *shrug*
    10-13-09 09:09 PM
    My usage for the last month is barely over 100 MB.

10-13-09 11:18 PM
    My usage for the last month is barely over 100 MB.

Yeah I think we are classified as just average users some of these guys are usin and abusin lol
    10-14-09 08:23 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD