1. hestes's Avatar
    My husband and I switched from an Alltel plan to a Verizon plan a week ago. We were told that would be the best option since my husband was up for his 2 yr upgrade on Alltel, and we'd eventually have to change the phones anyway to move to the Verizon system. So we switched all 4 lines (2 with blackberries and 2 for just voice services for my mother in law, and her mom).

    Since then, my husband and I have been having problems. We intermittently get an error when trying to get into blackberry app world (or facebook, etc) that says "upgrade your plan to a plan that includes data services..... We have that! We don't consistently get 1XEV service at our house, we're normally 1X with 3-4 bars, but we get that error even when we are on 1XEV here or a more stable area. We've called CS about 5 or 6 times, and they don't know what to say. If this was just happening at our house, I'd have them send someone out, but it's not. We're getting very frustrated because this happens probably 50-75% of the time we try to connect. Text messages, pin messages and bbm messages are taking 20-30 minutes to go through. Often times bbm will show one of us as unreachable. We're paying too much $ for this kind of service.

    Anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone else had similar problems?

    Thanks in advance...
    10-17-09 05:56 PM
  2. lastraid's Avatar
    GO to options>mobile network>change global to 1XEV. Keep an eye on it.
    10-17-09 06:14 PM
  3. hestes's Avatar
    GO to options>mobile network>change global to 1XEV. Keep an eye on it.
    Thanks for the response. We tried that first thing because I'd seen that suggested here for several issues. Customer support had us do battery pulls, etc. But it keeps happening. For example, I have both Tours....one of them will connect to bb app world and the other is saying we need to upgrade to plan that includes data...

    ggrrr...frustrating...
    10-17-09 06:17 PM
  4. lastraid's Avatar
    Thanks for the response. We tried that first thing because I'd seen that suggested here for several issues. Customer support had us do battery pulls, etc. But it keeps happening. For example, I have both Tours....one of them will connect to bb app world and the other is saying we need to upgrade to plan that includes data...

    ggrrr...frustrating...
    You can try a register now again on the device that is not working. If this does not work, try this. Options>advanced options>host routing table>menu Register now. If this does not help then,

    Dial ##000000, then scroll down SIP password enter vzw and then menu and save. The device will reset.
    Last edited by lastraid; 10-17-09 at 06:28 PM.
    10-17-09 06:24 PM
  5. hestes's Avatar
    You can try a register now again on the device that is not working. If this does not work, try this. Options>advanced options>host routing table>menu Register now.

    Dial ##000000, then scroll down SIP password enter (vzw) no prens and then menu and save. The device will reset.
    Hey, thanks! Wouldn't you know it, they are both working at the moment...it's easier to diagnose a consistent problem..haha. I have tried the host routing table register now thing. What do you think, should I go ahead and try the device reset, or wait until we have a problem again to try it?

    Thanks again for your help! I appreciate it!
    10-17-09 06:28 PM
  6. lastraid's Avatar
    If it is working, don't fix it
    10-17-09 06:30 PM
  7. hestes's Avatar
    If it is working, don't fix it
    haha, TRUE! Let's how it stays that way!
    10-17-09 06:32 PM
  8. SevereDeceit's Avatar
    I agree with Lastraid, one thing I have to add is try calling *228 and select option#2 update your roaming capability. After a minute or so and it says it's been successfully updated, wait a couple minutes and remove the battery while the device is ON, wait a minute and replace. Now see how your signal is, this has worked for quite a few, so I'm just throwing it out there...
    10-17-09 06:36 PM
  9. hestes's Avatar
    I agree with Lastraid, one thing I have to add is try calling *228 and select option#2 update your roaming capability. After a minute or so and it says it's been successfully updated, wait a couple minutes and remove the battery while the device is ON, wait a minute and replace. Now see how your signal is, this has worked for quite a few, so I'm just throwing it out there...
    Thanks, SD. Customer service had us run through that on Monday, I think. We LOVE the phones, but the error message makes us want to throw them across the room sometimes...haha

    Thanks again, we'll take all the tips/advice we can get to try to figure it out.
    10-17-09 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD