06-09-10 05:07 PM
46 12
tools
    A lot of times it may depend upon your city. For example, NY has been having bandwidth issues with AT&T lately no matter what the device. The per capita population on a particular network will inherently slow it down.
    05-11-10 11:26 PM
    Lately at my work it's been sluggish. Not sure why but as soon as I leave work, then it works fine. It used to work fine at my work. I was getting 2 bars but still worked fine. Slower then when I'm out of work.

This is also for my MiFi as well. Used to be get around 2-3 bars and not, barely 1 bar to 2 bars.
    05-12-10 09:32 AM
    I have had sluggish to non-existent data on two occasions; the most recent last night around 7 eastern. I usually have fantastic service being near NY's capital district but last night i had no phone ability, no bbm, no sms and no email. I did an extended battery pull and after about an hour, my curve came back to life. Data problem or curve 8330 problem? LOL that crappy curve of mine! I'll never know, but it has happened twice like I said.

And why would a half hour battery pull make it work again I'll never know...
    Anyway, again Verizon was very kind but didn't really have an answer either as there were no known outages in the area.
    05-12-10 12:24 PM
    Call in saying you are having network issues and have diagnosed the phone and it's the network and wish to open a trouble ticket.
    05-12-10 12:59 PM
    doesnt all blackberry data go through rims servers before hitting the berry? If this is the case, it sounds like you have an issue with rim and not verizon.
    05-13-10 09:52 AM
    You might try a wipe and reinstall, without any 3rd party apps. If this fixes the browser issue, then add your apps back one at a time, testing the browser after each app is added. I had a battery meter app on my Tour that slowed my browser considerably. Do not know why this app would interfere, but it did, and when I deleted the app all was well.
    05-13-10 11:57 AM
    I am glad I am not the only one having this problem. I had a regular smart phone from vzw with a keyboard, had no trouble getting my phone to work at my house. Now with my blackberry, it's taking FOREVER to load facebook mobile. I only have one messenger, facebook app, and theme on my computer. Plus a few ringtones. It worked on my last blackberry before it went belly up. Has anyone fixed the problem??
    05-19-10 08:34 AM
    I am in a real jam.

My wife and I are both eligible for upgrades, we both want smartphones. Do i stick with VZW and ignore the data issues i have been having? Or do i jump to the iphone??

I went to a VZW store in my area, the rep claimed it was because my 8330 was an outdated device. Can that really effect the data?? Is anyone having these issues on another phone?

I have no idea what to do, but i expect a better performance given the cost of this data plan. Its at the point i BARELY use it to surf the web. I just load m.facebook, and even that is painful most of the time.
    05-21-10 01:57 PM
    I have an 8330 and am waiting for a 9650 for the memory for apps to flow and data to flow.
    I feel for you.
    I don't use facebook but i wouldn't dare to use much of anything with my 8330 as it IS an outdated device.

I would give another device a try. Ask around in another forum if you like VZW service where you are. See if sticking with VZW will be best for you with more memory on a device that has a better browser and might provide you with a better browsing experience.

I really hope all my problems are solved with the Bold on Verizon...whenever that hits.

Good luck to you.
    05-21-10 02:08 PM
    I think the problem isn't Verizon, but RIM.
    05-21-10 03:00 PM
    I think the problem isn't Verizon, but RIM.
    I just dont get how the issues can only effect some people, and not others.

All people on a Blackberry, or all people on VZW should be experiencing the same issue.

Or all people on an 8330 for that matter.

Does Verizon have like a Trial thing anymore? Maybe ill grab a DROID and see how it works over a weekend.
    05-21-10 05:07 PM
    I just dont get how the issues can only effect some people, and not others.

All people on a Blackberry, or all people on VZW should be experiencing the same issue.

Or all people on an 8330 for that matter.

Does Verizon have like a Trial thing anymore? Maybe ill grab a DROID and see how it works over a weekend.
    You have 30 days to return the phone. I was having the same problem with my BB. When I switched to the Droid my data problems went away.
    05-22-10 08:49 AM
    I have given the Droid a shot, and I can confirm, the speed is now back to normal for me.

In addition, my friend bought a brand new Tour and is having the same data speed issues i was having!

Which confirms its a RIM issue in my area i guess
    05-30-10 07:51 PM
    I have given the Droid a shot, and I can confirm, the speed is now back to normal for me.

In addition, my friend bought a brand new Tour and is having the same data speed issues i was having!

And reaffirms what I said in post #2 of the thread. Nice to see I'm not the only one.
    05-30-10 08:18 PM
    Which PRL are you guys on? It seems to be better on the 36002 PRL.
    05-30-10 11:23 PM
    I've been having the same issues for quite sometime now. Mine happens every time after a battery pull. I have to keep clearing the Event Log, Memory, and clearing my browser cache. The pages are slow to load on my default browser, Opera Mini, and scrolling throughout my BlackBerry is slow as well. Scrolling on all applications are super slow. I will see my data running quite a bit for about 5 minutes or so. Then things will finally clear up. There are times when this happens not just after a battery pull. Sometimes I would see the arrows representing an incoming and outgoing signal, then things will slow down. Eventually I would get the same data arrows showing an incoming and outgoing signal, then things will be back to normal. This has started happening over the past 6 months or so. I've never had this issue before. I've tried re installing operating systems and all. Still happens. Like many, I have a 8330 Curve. I'm hoping that when I upgrade to the 9650 I won't have these issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 05:42 AM

Good to find out. I've been very disappointed w/ my 8330 ever since I got it last year for this exact issue. I don't have many apps but have to reset the phone 3-6x/day to have a functioning browser. I will be checking out an android for my upgrade.

06-01-10 10:52 PM
    I have a Tour and have been having the same problems as most of you. I switched to my MOTO Droid and problems have gone away. Also I have a AT&T Bold and there does not seem to be a data issue. So what is the answer, Verizon, or Rim. Bold works great on AT&T and Droid works great on Verion.
    06-02-10 09:12 AM
    I'm still having issues. Anybody in the DC area also experiencing sluggish data?
    06-08-10 05:08 PM
    Week 1 down on my new Moto Droid, browser is as fast as i can possibly expect on a phone using 3G ... and insane on WiFi

I dont know why i waited so long to get rid of my Curve. I definitely miss it, that thing was a work horse!! But paying $30 a month for a data plan that i just cant use, is stupid
    06-08-10 06:23 PM
    Week 1 down on my new Moto Droid, browser is as fast as i can possibly expect on a phone using 3G ... and insane on WiFi

I dont know why i waited so long to get rid of my Curve. I definitely miss it, that thing was a work horse!! But paying $30 a month for a data plan that i just cant use, is stupid
    So jealous! The more ppl I talk to w/ the Moto Droid, the more pissed I get w/ my Curve! Checked yesterday & have til Aug for my upgrade. Gonne keep tying to see if I can get a deal before then, but may consider paying anyway!

06-09-10 05:07 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD