06-09-10 05:07 PM
46 12
tools
    I have an 8330 .. currently on hybrid 5.0 but same issue on factory shipped.
    I've had a few 8330's with same experience.
    I've cleared cache, tried 3rd party browsers, cleared cookies, history, etc. Also tried various OS's

My issue is not location dependent, as i have tried it in many many locations with the same result.

My issue:
    I go to load a page in the browser, it occassionally (more often than not) just takes forever to load! Sometimes as long as 2 minutes (120 seconds seems like forever)

Its not any particular site, and its not that im loading graphics/script heavy pages.

As a simple example, m.facebook.com ... its designed for mobile devices, i have images loading as "low" and its just a short page with mostly txt ... sometimes (not every time) i go to load it and the status bar on the bottom says "Loading Data" and then numbers such as "23k of 26k"

Notice the page size is very small at just 26k it should load lightning fast! But it will get like half way and either hang there, or start inching up slowly. Eventually it will load.

Again its not every time, but more often than not. It's also not any particular web page.

Also note, my signal strength indicator is typically more than half full .. so my service is fine.
    04-14-10 04:01 PM
    I have an 8330 .. currently on hybrid 5.0 but same issue on factory shipped.
    I've had a few 8330's with same experience.
    I've cleared cache, tried 3rd party browsers, cleared cookies, history, etc. Also tried various OS's

My issue is not location dependent, as i have tried it in many many locations with the same result.

My issue:
    I go to load a page in the browser, it occassionally (more often than not) just takes forever to load! Sometimes as long as 2 minutes (120 seconds seems like forever)

Its not any particular site, and its not that im loading graphics/script heavy pages.

As a simple example, m.facebook.com ... its designed for mobile devices, i have images loading as "low" and its just a short page with mostly txt ... sometimes (not every time) i go to load it and the status bar on the bottom says "Loading Data" and then numbers such as "23k of 26k"

Notice the page size is very small at just 26k it should load lightning fast! But it will get like half way and either hang there, or start inching up slowly. Eventually it will load.

Again its not every time, but more often than not. It's also not any particular web page.

Also note, my signal strength indicator is typically more than half full .. so my service is fine.
    After I had my Storm my for 9-10 months I started to experience the same problem. Deleting my cookies, history, and all the other stuff didn't seem to work. The problem went away when I upgraded to my Eris.
    04-14-10 06:05 PM
    After I had my Storm my for 9-10 months I started to experience the same problem. Deleting my cookies, history, and all the other stuff didn't seem to work. The problem went away when I upgraded to my Eris.
    Oh snap!
    04-15-10 03:52 AM
    Any other feedback on this? Its really an issue, and i cannot afford to replace the device with a newer one right now

Today i noticed it took over 3 minutes to finally load a page, i had full service!

It just gets to the point i dont even want to use it to browse the web at all. I was doing the simplest of things, it said "Loading Data ... 2k of 6k" and hung there for like a minute

6k!!!
    04-15-10 11:29 PM
    Any other feedback on this? Its really an issue, and i cannot afford to replace the device with a newer one right now

Today i noticed it took over 3 minutes to finally load a page, i had full service!

It just gets to the point i dont even want to use it to browse the web at all. I was doing the simplest of things, it said "Loading Data ... 2k of 6k" and hung there for like a minute

6k!!!
    Go to Options>Advanced Options> Service Books- Delete the Blackberry Internet Browsing Services (highlight>Menu key>delete) Then go back to Advanced options>Host Routing Table-Menu Key>Register Now or send yourself service books from the BIS account

Also try this, go to the browser>menu key> Options>Cache Operations and delete all cookies and history.

Do a battery pull and try again...
    04-16-10 03:55 AM
    That seems to have helped somewhat!
    the issue is not gone, but much more infrequent.

By any chance is there something else i can do? wth is going on? is it because i have a curve?
    04-16-10 08:29 PM
    is this happening just because its an 8330? Maybe i should look to buy a used Bold or something
    04-18-10 09:31 PM
    I think it's VZW and not your phone. I see that you're in NYC, well I'm in DC and have had similar problems on my 8530 and a coworker is noticing the same thing on her Tour. There was an article out recently about how VZW's data speeds have slowed over the past year.
    04-20-10 09:38 AM
    Any suggestions on testing to confirm this?

are there any proven methods of boosting signal or something that might help me? Its really driving me crazy to pay this much money and have sluggish data
    04-21-10 03:33 PM
    i've have noticed the same thing happening with my blackberry too.
    just like you said loading facebook is a pain in the ***.

vzw needs to step their game up!
    04-21-10 03:41 PM
    Sounds like the blackberry service is the issue. Try the same pages through opera mini and see if there is a difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 04:21 PM
    I've been experiencing this too. It's not just the browser, its anything that requires data. Facebook, Twitter, etc. I'm getting really fed up. I have full service yet the phone goes into sleep mode (1 min) before anything loads!
    05-11-10 01:16 PM
    I have seemed to feel this too a bit lately. OR maybe just a perception thing.

Perhaps with all the crap that VZW is pushing out, the network is getting bogged down.......
    05-11-10 01:56 PM
    I've been experiencing this too. It's not just the browser, its anything that requires data. Facebook, Twitter, etc. I'm getting really fed up. I have full service yet the phone goes into sleep mode (1 min) before anything loads!
    Same experience. Full service
    05-11-10 02:06 PM
    I have seemed to feel this too a bit lately. OR maybe just a perception thing.

Perhaps with all the crap that VZW is pushing out, the network is getting bogged down.......
    Whatever the cause is they need to fix is asap. Having the largest network doesn't mean a thing if people can't even load a simple webpage on their BBs. As a comparison, I just grabbed a coworkers Bold...it took his phone just over 10 seconds to load ESPN, took my 8530 over a minute. What a joke.
    05-11-10 02:55 PM
    Its all the people with incredible s. That won't use the computer that is also in front of them to order new Nikes

I'm just playing.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-11-10 02:55 PM
    Fast as all get go outside off NYC.
    05-11-10 02:57 PM
    Its all the people with incredible s. That won't use the computer that is also in front of them to order new Nikes

I'm just playing.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    WTF?
    What does this even mean?
    05-11-10 03:34 PM
    It's not bad here in Hutch. IDK.
    05-11-10 04:37 PM
    I called Verizon earlier about my issue and they had no answer. Resent service books, had me clear my cache, etc.
    05-11-10 04:56 PM
    I called Verizon earlier about my issue and they had no answer. Resent service books, had me clear my cache, etc.
    Did they make any suggestions other than the usual? And did they have any feedback at all on the issue?

or were they completely caught by surprise with nothing at all to say?

I will be calling also, if you can prepare me based on your call, i may be more prepared for my call
    05-11-10 05:18 PM
    Did they make any suggestions other than the usual? And did they have any feedback at all on the issue?

I will be calling also, if you can prepare me based on your call, i may be more prepared for my call
    Prepare you? To do what?
    05-11-10 05:36 PM
    I thought I'd add that I only have maybe 4 or 5 apps installed and none run in the background. I also only use the themes that came with the phone. Some days I'm a moderate user and others I tend to be a light user and I live in Charleston, SC where Verizon has amazing service.
    05-11-10 05:42 PM
    Prepare you? To do what?
    If i am calling about the exact same issue, it would help to know what they discussed in that call, so i can be prepared to quickly answer when they ask me ... and i can possibly get closer to a solution with them.

Sorry i didn't clarify that above.
    05-11-10 05:50 PM

No real feedback. The tech I talked to was very nice, but he basically offered the usual solutions....resending service books, reprogramming the phone, clear the cache, etc. He wanted me to reinstall the OS (since Bing cant be deleted on its own), as basically all he said that he could think of at that point was it being a browser issue, but I was at work and didn't have time for that process. Besides, I didn't think that there was any chance that would work.

All in all, I appreciated the tech's effort, but I got the impression that he had no idea what was causing the issue. Hope you have better luck and let us know what they say.
    05-11-10 10:31 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD