I am a new BB user and still trying to figure out all the features. I have the $29.99 Data plan, can anyone tell me what is covered in that?

For example does it cover downloads like adding the free Yahoo IM feature? and once you have it and use IM are the messages included in the data plan or are they charged at a per IM message received or sent? I have the unlimited Text, Pic, etc. in my plan.

Also does this data plan also cover the time you are searching websites?

I am afraid to use these features and then be charged a fortune on my next bill i and the Verizon website does not really state what is covered and what is not.
    I emailed them and have not received a reply yet, so I figured I would ask all you experienced BB users.

One last question - does anyone know if there is a shortcut to the browser to type in web addresses without having to go thru all the steps in the menu?

I love my BB and so glad I found this site - it has been a great help!
    10-08-08 06:02 PM
    It covers any application that uses the internet for connectivity. So as long as the application you are using, whether it be yahoo, or another 3rd party app that uses the internet, you are fine. Most likely anything you want to do is fine.
    10-08-08 06:10 PM
    Just click on your browser icon,hit your menu key to the left of your scroll ball,and click go to.
    10-08-08 10:33 PM
    You data plan covers the bandwidth required to send or receive ANY info to your berry wirelessly (excluding mms and sms - that is covered by your unl feature).

So yes, web browsing, streaming, etc is all covered.
    10-09-08 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD