Why aren't data plans more flexible? You either pay $9.99 or $29.99....I have a BB Curve 8330...my contract is up next month and I am having a hard time justifying paying $30.00 a month...$360 a year to recieve emails and surf the web. I use my BB for BBM and email, thats it, and to check the weather when i am playing golf! But i don't play games or anything like...why hasn't verizon went to the tiered data plans....

Oh to I only send/recieve about 25-50 emails daily.
    10-18-10 07:21 AM
    That's quite a few emails to be sending daily. I will tell you from experience, that saving a few bucks isn't worth losing unlimited data. I was with att for several months with the iPhone 4 and only 2gb of data. I was so worried about going over all the time.

Im sure well see tiered data with the rollout of LTE.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 07:46 AM
    Why aren't data plans more flexible? You either pay $9.99 or $29.99....I have a BB Curve 8330...my contract is up next month and I am having a hard time justifying paying $30.00 a month...$360 a year to recieve emails and surf the web. I use my BB for BBM and email, thats it, and to check the weather when i am playing golf! But i don't play games or anything like...why hasn't verizon went to the tiered data plans....

Oh to I only send/recieve about 25-50 emails daily.
    So you "only" send between 750-1500 emails a month? You dont think 50 emails a day is a lot? You cant justify paying it but you use the crap out of it? Check your usage, i bet you use over a gig. 29.99/mo isnt bad considering what you get for the price.
    10-20-10 10:45 AM
    I agree. The $30/mo. for unlimited is MUCH easier than constantly stressing about overages.
    10-21-10 09:05 PM
    It's not flexible because it's easier to get people to worry and buy into a higher costing plan.

It's not a trade secret that's a marketing 101 idea. (Yet it still works both theory and practice).

25-50 emails a day on a phone sounds like a nightmare. While it would be less data than sites and the such, still. You should at least talk to someone at work about splitting the cost, but if you are doing that much personal a day, well I can't say I feel the slightest bit of empathy.
    10-22-10 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD