This is not one of the thousands of do I need a data plan questions, but rather an idea. What do you guys think about Verizon just having a "smartphone data plan"? 29.99 and the same plan no matter what device? Then you could have a 15 dollar "enterprise connectivity for Blackberries" add on.....
    I feel that this would number one eliminate a lot of the confusion associated with Berry data plans,and number two, eliminate the hassle/confusion of changing plans and prorated billing for those that have and want to switch between berry, winmo, droid, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 11:42 PM
    The plan needs to be different because of the BIS factor, and I don't think it would eliminate confusion. Its more te "why do I have to pay" than confusion, anyway.
    BTW, other smartphone users who need corporate server access pay the additional 15 as well.

10-28-09 06:41 AM
    That is already the plans, 29.99 for ALL smartphns, 44.99 for BES
    10-28-09 07:15 AM
    That is already the plans, 29.99 for ALL smartphns, 44.99 for BES
    Same price, two different plans. Or four different plans, technically.

10-28-09 07:17 AM
    I think they were saying to bundle it like Sprint and T-mobile now do, and have a simple $15 add-on for the BES upgrade from the bundle. Kind of like how Verizon has the Basic, Select, Premium (for dumb phones) to include smartphones in that one. I think they should and wouldn't hurt them.
    10-28-09 07:21 AM
    Same price, two different plans. Or four different plans, technically.

Thats what I was suggesting to get rid of..... just have one plan, 2999 that applies to all smartphones regardless of manufacturer, and have a 15 dollar enterprise connectivity add on
    10-28-09 07:37 AM
    I explained above why its that way.

10-28-09 09:38 AM
    I don't understand why it needs to be different cause of BIS.

They should look into changing the berry plan at least have an unimited data for blackberries plan and an enterprise add on. That your eliminate a lot of the confusion

10-28-09 10:11 AM
    The BB plan is different because it has to be provisioned for Blackberry Internet Service, it needs to be set up with RIM.

10-28-09 10:35 AM
    Does Verizon's $30 data plan include texting at all, or is that a separate and expensive add-on?
    10-28-09 11:55 AM
    Its separate.

10-28-09 12:16 PM
    Yea that's the way Alltel did it, Jim from NW Pa. So bluerskyes is misleading you on the reason because it was done that way (your idea) with Alltel.
    BTW, I still have my Alltel plan with Verizon service and NOTHING is seperate.
    Was simple with Alltel and confusing with VZW, so yea it would eliminate the confusion.
    Last edited by HDtechmachinist; 10-28-09 at 07:02 PM.
    10-28-09 06:56 PM
    Yea that's the way Alltel did it, Jim from NW Pa. So bluerskyes is misleading you on the reason because it was done that way (your idea) with Alltel.
    BTW, I still have my Alltel plan with Verizon service and NOTHING is seperate.
    Was simple with Alltel and confusing with VZW, so yea it would eliminate the confusion.
    As far as I know, Alltell also had a separate plan for Blackberries.

10-28-09 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD