Hi,

I'm looking into finalizing a purchase of the curve with verizon but I'm new to BB.

What exactly can you do with the $30 data plan? Does that include texting? Or would I need a texting plan also?

Thanks!
    06-20-08 11:15 AM
    Data Plan= Web surfing, email, PIN messages, most IM clients etc.

You would need seperate plans for sms/mms.
    06-20-08 11:21 AM
    No that does not include texting. If you're like myself and many others here, you can get a corporate discount through your job if they work hand in hand with them. Mine is 20%. That being said, it's like my unlimited texting is free with that discount.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-08 11:23 AM
    What is PIN messaging?

sms/mms = texting?

Thanks - I'm learning!
    06-20-08 11:30 AM
    Personal Identification Number. All Berries have a unique number. You can send messages and receive them with this number. Sms is regular texting and mms is when you send pictures, audio, or video. That's only if your style of Berry will support those options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-08 11:34 AM
    OK got it. Thanks!
    06-20-08 11:44 AM
    Nationwide select plans with VZW will include your SMS and MMS unlimited. The 29.99 mail and web plan covers all your data needs.
    06-20-08 10:48 PM
    Data Plan= Web surfing, email, PIN messages, most IM clients etc.

You would need seperate plans for sms/mms.
    Some IM apps work with data, but if you download or use the one from Verizon, it uses text messages. And the text messages arent "IN" either. I tried it and sent a couple of IM's and some how in the process used alot of text messages from my allotment.
    06-21-08 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD