Mom (on verizon) is thinking about a BB Flip. she wants a data plan. She doesn't know anything about BB's so I have to research for her because I don't know diddly-squat about Verizon's offerings.

Okay, so I see that there's two data plans...29.99 and 44.99

What's the difference? Are they both unlimited data?
    Is it just that one is BIS and the other is BES? Or is the 44.99 the unlimited one and the 29.99 is unlimited someway?

Thanks!
    07-24-09 07:51 PM
    Bes and bis

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 07:57 PM
    840 posts and you really dont know the differences between the 2......or to search? Sorry, but...these pop up A LOT

Anyways...Both are totally unlimited. the 44.99 allows her to hook up to a Blackberry Enterprise Server.
    07-24-09 08:01 PM
    840 posts and you really dont know the differences between the 2......or to search? Sorry, but...these pop up A LOT

Anyways...Both are totally unlimited. the 44.99 allows her to hook up to a Blackberry Enterprise Server.
    I said I was with T-Mobile. I never have been and never will be with VZW. That's why I was asking everyone. Don't be a smart arse, please.
    07-24-09 08:05 PM
    $29.99 is BIS, $44.99 is BES. Both unlimited data. Based on your description, your Mom would likely just need BIS, unless she wants to and is able to connect to her company's email. A bit more discussion on the difference:

Lecture 2: BES and BIS: What's the Difference? | CrackBerry.com
    07-24-09 08:36 PM
    Thanks, cbfan.

See the reason why I got confused is because in the data usage thread, VZW people were talking about a data plan that only allows 20 MB or so.

She may need the BES to access hospital email. I'll have her ask IT.

07-24-09 09:05 PM
    Arte theres a FAQ on the very top of this thread and it has the answer to your question It's the first question too!
    07-24-09 09:08 PM
    Oh gosh >< thanks

I'll check it out

07-24-09 09:26 PM
    The $20 extra a month to have the ability to use a BES is a rip off, imho. Way to go with selective targeting of businesses who supposedly have the extra money to spend.

07-24-09 09:44 PM
    The $20 extra a month to have the ability to use a BES is a rip off, imho. Way to go with selective targeting of businesses who supposedly have the extra money to spend.
    Well, for starters, the 44.99 bes plan is only 15.00 more than the 29.99 bis plan.

Rim charges more for bes connectivity. The carriers just pass it along.

And, as far as businesses getting hit, what else is new? For years, businesses have subsidized landline and cable rates plus it is all a tax write off for business. Then there's that little issue of businesses paying Rim thousands of dollars for the bes to begin with.

Businesses could choose to go without and maybe lower THEIR prices or hire another hungry soul.

No one forces business to go with the expensive luxury of BBs.

07-24-09 09:54 PM
    They're actually not charging businesses extra, the rates were LOWERED for personal users.

07-24-09 10:01 PM
    VZW is also good about allowing you to switch between BIS and BES so if your mom ever needs to upgrade to BES, she can do it without a problem.
    07-26-09 11:24 AM
    They're actually not charging businesses extra, the rates were LOWERED for personal users.

+1 If you need it for work then they figure you should pay more, and its 15$ a lot of cust's have their company's pay for that
    07-27-09 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD